Ache in arm (NOT elbow)???

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Somboa, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Somboa

Somboa Regular Member

Hi all, I'm new to badmintonforums (well been reading, just decided to post now :) ) and have been playing for about 2 years now (used to play when I was younger in Malaysia too.

Anyways, while playing I get a pain in my upper arm (above the elbow), about 2-3 inches above the elbow, that's almost directly inbetween the biceps and triceps muscle. The pain is in the bone itself and not muscle.

Pain might not be the right word either.. more like a sore/fatigue kind of feeling.

I've searched everywhere but all signs off tennis elbow is at the elbow or below (towards the forearm) it.

As an FYI, when I used to play baseball and I was being a geek and throwing the ball as hard as I could with my friends, I would feel the same tingling/soreness at the same location. (which I guess means I'm hitting my overhead shots correctly since it mimick's a throwing motion :p )

So I'm stumped... any ideas? :confused:

2. kontrabando

kontrabando Regular Member

IT Manager
    Hi Somboa,

I suggest you go to a doctor...I think nobody in this forum can help you as they can't perform proper diagnosis of your situation...Your problem requires a series of x-rays and the likes...Be wary of trying things that you are not sure of because it can make the problem worse...Apparently there is something wrong in your arm, it may not be the bone (e.g., fracture) since you can still play badminton and do smashes...It must be the muscle or ligament but whatever it is, you really need to see a doctor...If for some reason you're scared to see a doctor (hahaha just kidding), take a couple of weeks rest (i mean really rest, as in no strenous activity) and see if there's improvement on your arm... :)

3. Slanter

Slanter Regular Member

Pain in that area is most likely referred from elsewhere, like your shoulder. Go and see a physiotherapist.

4. Somboa

Somboa Regular Member

Ok, seems like it's not an injury that someone's heard of before. :)

K, off to the doctor/pysio I go.

Thanks.

5. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

are you sure it's in the bone ?

I sometimes get something similar but more on the outside of the arm, (i.e not bicep side, not tricep side, not armpit side). Usually if my technique breaks down and I play an overhead shot out to the side of my body rather than above the shoulder/head.
    I think it is to do with one of the shoulder rotations.