Practicing on your own

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by sjhuk, Dec 3, 2004.

1. sjhuk

sjhuk Regular Member

Now I'm just getting back into the swing of badminton again after over 6 years off I rent a court once a week (along with the 3 times a week I play with my club) to practice footwork and serving on my own. Has anyone got any other ideas of on court practicing one could do on their own? My fitness is good as I run daily in the morning and have done for a long time.

Any ideas would be great!

- Stu

2. quagmire

quagmire Regular Member

graphic designer
    shadowing and shuttle runs are good training if youre alone. if you have a friend to help you and lots of used shuttles, you can ask him to help you practice net shots by throwing the balls near the tape. then you can move on to pushes or light taps to kill the ball. if you have a regular partner, you can practice all the strokes together. clears to the corners, smashes, drops, drives, etc. for 20 minutes each.

3. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    Serving and four corners footwork are among the obvious ones but you can shadow all of your shots (do the motions without a shuttle) to work on the proper technique and speed to execute the shot and also the recovery from the shot and back to base.