How to avoid mid-court lobs?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by satheesh, Dec 12, 2004.

1. satheesh

satheesh Regular Member

Whenever opponent low-serve/drop/smash my underarm forehand lift/lob is going to the midcourt and opponent kill it easily.

Whereas no problems with my overarm forehand able to clear properly.

Intrestingly my underarm backhand drops are perfect(lift/lob i cant imagine coz im weak in backhand)

Any suggestions for underarm forehand lift/lob

Thanks

2. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    Hit the shuttle harder?

Sounds like your racket is held in a backhand grip ready for the defense and not changed to the forehand grip so the face is flatter not getting the proper racket face angle to hit the shuttle further backwards and are lofting it up for your oponents to hit back at you.

Even taking out the backhand grip part if you are skyibg the shuttle and it is not going deep enough to the rear court you have the wrong point of impact, or just like slicing the shuttle.

Either way the answer is practice drills

3. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

would it be possible that you are rushing it?
    my friend has a similar problem at times, and i told him to just hold off and get your bearings first.

and the following instructions worked well for him too.

pretend you are starting the key-ignition on a car. only the motion should be opposite.
    start with the backhand grip, with your palm up.
    then turn the racquet down to meet the shuttle, by having your palm turn downwards, and snapping your palm away from yourself.

the proper technique and timing should enable you to easily clear it to the rear without much muscle.