Lee Jae Bok smash video clip

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by HLHHH, Dec 30, 2004.

1. HLHHH

HLHHH Regular Member

For some of you who watched the smash video clip made by Lee Jae Bok, what do you think? Personally I like it very much regarding the left arm position post and after smash. It balanced out my body after smash and most importantly, ready for the second smash. One thing though, the position of right arm post and after smash as well as such as ideal elbow height, and lock of the wrist position are not covered in the clip. Anyway, just wondering what do you guys think and hopefully Lee can cover them in the next smash video.

2. ploppers

ploppers Regular Member

Hmmm...I felt that it was pretty basic, but I liked how he mentioned to not coil up too much as you will not have any veiw of the game. That was one thing I did change after watching the video.

3. skates

skates Regular Member

Designer. Also working with Lee Jae Bok promoting
    Hi there

I'm glad you liked the clip. It's one of the most popular on the ibbs website.
    Because of Lee Jae Bok's availability we had a very short time to film and edit the first batch of video clips.

We have had a lot of feedback from people about the videos. Most of it positive. However, there are two areas that we would like to address.

Firstly the technical problems.

One of the most annoying things for us is the issue of streaming the files.
    At the moment we are looking a various ways to reduce the file size and make the videos more accessible to people with slower internet connections.
    The files are currently Windows Media Files. I would be interested in hearing from anybody who has experience of streaming media who might be able to suggest how we can improve the streaming.

Also, I am not happy with the sound quality on a number of the clips. For the next session of filming we will use State of the Art radio mikes to solve this problem.

Secondly content of the videos.

We have had a number of people comment on various technical coaching points relating to the videos. i.e

One thing though, the position of right arm post and after smash as well as such as ideal elbow height, and lock of the wrist position are not covered in the clip.

This is something we are very interested in getting right. During a "live" coaching session Lee Jae Bok might well go into a lot more technical detail about a technique. Perhaps he would stop and spend maybe ten or fifteen minutes with a student while the rest of the class carry on with the drills. However, it's a little more difficult getting the right balance while filming.

We will be filming again when Lee Jae Bok returns to the UK in February 2005.
    Lee is commited to producing a quality product that is Entertaining, educational and most of all benificial to your badminton.

Thanks again to all the people who have supported the ibbs website.

Happy New Year to all.

Skates
    LIBA Badminton UK

#3 skates, Dec 30, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2004
  4. Furqan

Furqan Regular Member

student
    i see, give the link of that file here.

5. skates

skates Regular Member

Designer. Also working with Lee Jae Bok promoting
  6. HLHHH

HLHHH Regular Member

Hello Skates:

I know this might sounded impolite, but, I am still going to say it. In my opinion, the money I spent on those 26 minutes of clip was well worth it. There are no regards of some sort and I did enjoy it very much (have to say it once again). However, some of the video clips are kind of pricy when compare to the other. For instance, tactics, there are helping fore court and rear court player clips. For total of 18 minutes I spent more coins on that single smash clip. Wouldn’t it be better if you can combine those 2 into 1 as they fall into the same scenario that Lee described? Anyway, it is just a suggestion and keep up with the good work, I’ll continue to spend my coins on you guys.

vbmenu_register("postmenu_207396", true);