Incorrect stroke?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Dave18, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    I don't know if this happens to anyone else here. Don't know how to explain but I'll try. Sometimes, when forehand clearing or smashing, it requires a very fast swing. That's what I do, I swing fast and sometimes I do not swing my arm in the "L" shape, it looks more like a "[". Maybe that's a bad explanation but recently, when I swing fast, my shoulders crack and it hurts. Almost feels like if I swing any faster, it could dislocate.

Has this happened to anyone? Maybe my form is crippled or my shoulders aren't meant to play badminton. :(

2. checkthemc

checkthemc Regular Member

None/Student
    You have to keep your arm in the L shape for most of the swing. Also, you shouldn't be swinging as hard as you can for clears. For smashes, why not try using 90% of your power instead of 100%. Clears should be around 50% or less of your power.

3. paulchow

paulchow Regular Member

I kind of know what you're talking about dave. If possible you should stop playing for a while and ice and stretch your shoulder. If it doesn't feel great in a few days maybe you should see a doctor.. If there's nothing wrong with your shoulder in a few days get some personal help with your technique :)

#3 paulchow, Jul 13, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2005
  4. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    It's just temporary pain, for a few minutes when the shoulder joint cracks. Lol. I think I better work on my stroke.