Looking for tips on how to smash

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by rasmoo, Mar 4, 2006.

1. rasmoo

rasmoo Regular Member

Alright this may seem kinda sad, because it is. Ive been playing badmitton in HS (im a hs student, 17, tall skinny, i feel like im on a datin website haha) for the last 4 semesters which is basically since the beginning of 11th grade. Right now im in the middle of 12th grade. So overall, ive been playing it in school for about 2 years. Ive developed and gotten better but one thing I cant really do well is smashing. It may be my grip or my strength (i can only bench like 100) or my footwork. I have not really learned any methods of playing nor have I been taught. But overall I feel my footwork, deception, and hitting is good (I was never taught anything about these things but I adapted and watched good players so it may not be good for all I know) .

I need to work on smashing, more diversity to my serves, and aiming it to open spots more. Anyway I was wondering if anyone has any smashing tips or knows a website on how to do em. Or if they can give me some methods or personal expierence, thatd be coo to. As for how good of a player, I feel i am a sub-par intermediate player. I feel that ive played it enough to get past begineer and am getin my feet wet in intermediate. I dunno i read the post on how an intermediate player is classified (its about hititn it to open spots of the court) and I feel i do that.

2. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    Be sure to get behind the shuttle and take it infront of u at the highest point.and smash it down with ur arm and wrist power. i assume u have the correct grip if not ask some advanced players tat u noe to correct u if its wrong.

A smash doesnt have to be powerful to kill, sharpness of the angle is actually more important. Ask a friend or someone to feed u with shuttles so u can train ur smashing. train u accuracy and sharpness of the smash first den power. Be sure to use the wrist to get a sharp angle.

i hope this helps.

3. jeyel

jeyel Regular Member

I'm in the process of fine tuning my smash too! :p Anyway you can get loads of tips if you do a search. Just look under "smash" or "smash techniques" etc. I learnt a lot of stuff from the discussions and I think my smashing has improved somewhat...