Badminton Training and when to peak

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by anna09, Aug 8, 2008.

1. anna09

anna09 New Member

Hi,

I have been playing badminton for a few years now and am doing a personal exercise plan as part of my school sports course.

I need to know when to 'peak' so to time table in appropraite training and at the correct levels and intensities and also the times etc of the recognised / correct bamdinton season (if there is one) - I know we just play all year round but is there a specific badminton season?

Currently I never really aim to 'peak' at a specific time just train and play when and where I can.

Any advice would really help please asap, thank you.

2. dazednconfused

dazednconfused Regular Member

I guess generally if you're thinking about 'peaking' for anything it would be the biggest tournament/competition of the season.

If you're playing in a club league, like in the UK, that runs from October to April or whatever, it wouldnt be a case of peaking at any specific time or for any particular match. If you're training during the summer, you'd just aim to be in good condition for the start of the season.
    I think the generally accepted way of doing it is starting with heavier physical training and drills during the summer and changing to more technical/tactical drills approaching league matches and tournaments.

I think 'peaking' is normally something associated with elite athletes aiming at something like the Olympics, the World championships etc.

3. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    If you play socially then there is no point in peaking. Just enjoy playing badminton.

4. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    agree, you won't notice any "peaking" in the type of environment your playing in. better just practice, have fun, and good luck

5. anna09

anna09 New Member

thanks so much, your comments are really helpful and I appreciate your advice and information.