Footwork

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by enlancn, Nov 24, 2009.

1. enlancn

enlancn New Member

Maybe we have paid too much attention to the racket techniques, but ignored the importance of footwork. Let us talk about it.

2. enlancn

enlancn New Member

The footwork and the handwork (i.e. all ball-striking ways) of badminton supplement each other and can not be separated. Many striking techniques are completed by skilled, rapid and accurate foot-movement. Lack of correct footwork will influence the player’s learning and mastering of all ball-striking ways, while lack of apropos footwork, the player’s handwork will also lose its active effect.

3. Furtil

Furtil Regular Member

student
  4. Addict123

Addict123 Regular Member

While that long topic gives overwhelming advice to concentrate on footwork, there do not seem to be many (non-video) resources out there for exactly pointing out what to do to work on footwork. Maybe we can collect some nice descriptions here, and enlancn could copy them to the first post of the topic, working on getting a good sticky.

Suggestions:

- Stand in the center of the court in the ready position, and repeatedly do single-step movements to your six corners (front left, front right, left, right, back left, back right), together with shadow racket hits (without shuttle). After the single step, return to the ready position immediately and continue.

- Place two shuttle where the outside lines meet the serve line, hold a third shuttle in the hand. Stand in the middle of the serve line. Then, move to the one side with shuffle/chasse ending on a big lunge, and swap the shuttle you have in your hand with the one on the floor. Move back to the center, repeat on the other side. Try to swap shuttles as quick as possible.

...... etc.

#4 Addict123, Nov 25, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  5. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Hope this helps.

Take a look at my video www.badminton-coach.co.uk It's a video i recorded on the all important first movement when moving backwards to ensure you don't lead with your head. This means you can then move backwards in balance and quickly recover for the next shot.

I'm going to do a lot more videos in the future on tactics and all aspects of baminton. For now, I really hope this helps you all.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

6. Addict123

Addict123 Regular Member

Paul, I like your site very much! Very nice content, keep it up. Subscribed. ;)

7. krisss

krisss Regular Member

Nice video!

I would be really grateful if you could show the other corners , particularly the around-the-head movement!

8. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Kriss

I've so many videos to record at the moment. I have over 2 years worth of material already written mainly focussing on tactics and techniques. I start recoding again in January.

Why not send me an email listing your top 5 badminton coaching videos you'd like to see.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

9. mkwanster

mkwanster Regular Member

IT System Administrator
    not me, I focused on court movement and footwork first. Now, I am focusing on shot accuracy, racquet strokes, and mental aspect.

10. enlancn

enlancn New Member

Footwork trainer from China

There are many badminton amateurs in China, with high badminton skills. Recently, one kind of badminton training equipment is sweeping badminton field, which is Badminton Footwork Auxiliary Trainer.

Badminton Footwork Auxiliary Trainer combines the modern technology with traditional training ways, using randomly blinking LED lights to instruct training positions, which can comprehensively help the users to improve their footwork reacting capacity to start, footwork running capacity, footwork consisting capacity and footwork strain capacity. Badminton Footwork Auxiliary Trainer, in the ways of long-distance training, medium-distance training, short-distance training and linear consistent footwork training and so on, achieves the all round training of all badminton footwork. By training at different and suitable training rhythms, all badminton amateurs with different levels and professional athletes can be satisfied. From the beginners to badminton top players with a high level, from students from institute of Physical Education to athletes of all levels from professional teams, by using Badminton Footwork Auxiliary Trainer, they can all rapidly improve their footwork capacity and comprehensive competitive capacity. Easy to use, having evident effect and high pertinence, under the mutual recommendations of coaches and players everywhere, Badminton Footwork Auxiliary Trainer rapidly sweeps the badminton field in China.

Enlan Sports Co., Ltd, which researches, develops and sales in Badminton Footwork Trainer, is famous in China for producing professional badminton sports goods, including Enlan badminton shuttlecocks of different levels (the durable shuttlecocks for beginners, stable shuttlecocks for medium-level players, and high-grade shuttlecocks for export and competition), badminton rackets of high performance, badminton shoes which can remain good after being bent for over 250,000 times, badminton shuttlecock durable humidifier and racket grips and other badminton sports goods.

For the convenience of international badminton amateurs to buy and use Footwork Trainer, Enlan Sports Company has established on-line shop on EBAY for badminton amateurs from all over the world.

Attached Files: