Help! Group Coaching at Community Center. 5-6 days total only!

Discussion in 'Coaching Forum' started by CreationofGod, Jun 2, 2010.

1. CreationofGod

CreationofGod Regular Member

Coach
    Hey,

So, I'm getting a new job at a community center in teaching children how to play badminton. I'm not pro myself, but its a good job to have since I'm graduating high school in June. They probably aren't all going to be serious and just taking this class for fun or parents. They don't want to be pro. So I want to make it fun and teach them how to do the right strokes, correctly. Right footwork and hoping they'll have fun. Thing is I want everyone to have the right clear stroke, but time to teach that is really short and I do not want them to be bored from doing shadow strokes.
    So basically, theirs a summer camp which is 1 week only, 5 days for 2 hours a session. I'm getting 10-14
    and other ones are once a week for 6 weeks (total 6 classes) and its only 1 hour a session. Theirs a class age 5-8. Others are 8+, until level 3 which is 14+.
    Any recommendations or suggestions?

Thanks

2. blindaim

blindaim Regular Member

kids like the feeling of smashing. let them thrill by smashing at the net.

3. CreationofGod

CreationofGod Regular Member

Coach
    THanks, but I think teaching how to drop/drive first is better then doing that in front on 2nd to last day.

Any other tips?

I really need lesson plan or how to teach/tips. 10-20 young kids all to myself is scary for a almost 18 year old...