Help with coaching lesson plans for beginers - Please

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by grunfyu, Nov 5, 2010.

1. grunfyu

grunfyu Regular Member

Hi everyone,
    I 'm school teacher in Serbia! I'm playing amateur badminton for a three years. Recently I've had opportunity to start section for kids from 10-12 years old. I would like to do that but I don't have any coaching knowledge! Badminton in my country is in very bad situation. There are only couple of clubs and there there is no badminton literature for couching begginers. I found some material on internet but i need any help. I fount couple of lesson plan on this forum. If someone have something simmilat and like to help please send it to me by this forum or my private mail caric.darko.74@gmail.com:
    Here is one example:

[FONT=&quot]Class 1:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    >> basic universal grip, understanding which face of the racquet is the forehand side vs backhand side (don't worry about the backhand grip)

(a) hit the shuttle straight up continuously to oneself using only forehand face of the racq, counting how many times without missing
    (b) repeat (a) using only backhand face of the racq (don't change grip)
    (c) repeat (a) alternating the face of the racq
    (d) with a partner, alternate hitting the shuttle straight up (players stand on the same side of the net, and is not hitting the shuttle over the net)
    (e) same as (d) except in a group of 3 or 4 players but they must hit in a certain order (ex Player 1, then #2, #3, #4, back to #1, etc), see how many times they go in a complete circle without missing
    Best regards for everyone
    Darko
    [/FONT]

2. nprince

nprince Regular Member

Engineer
    Jake Downy

We appreciate your interest to teach children badminton. May I suggest that you refer articles written by Jake Downey? His "Excelling in badminton" is comprehensive and also instructed what and how coaches need to give training at each level. Please refer to badminton.tv/ free articles.

http://www.badminton.tv/content/index.html/all/all/all/free/

NP

3. grunfyu

grunfyu Regular Member

Hi Jake,
    This is an excellent links. Thank you very much. I find lot of useful material!
    All the best

4. Mikael

Mikael Regular Member

Business
    It is hard too find really good updated material. The best material I got is like 10-20 years old from the Danish Badminton Union (and sponsored from Yonex), and it was very accidentally that I even got access to this material!

You will find a lot on youtube, but some of it is just ********, especially from this expert village, so watch out.
    Here are some relative more valid sources:

www.bestoncourt.com Lots of inspiration concerning drills etc. at different levels.

www.badmintonbible.com Well-informed articles, often supplied with videos.

www.badmintonlife.com A few articles, debate forum, videos, + possible to buy DVD's.

www.coachingbadminton.com Videos and tricks, + possible too buy DVD's.

I have not yet got the money for the paying sections of the above mentioned, so if someone have this experience, they might give a more detailed review!

5. grunfyu

grunfyu Regular Member

Hi Mikael!
    I've been searching for coaching material for a days and I found only couple of good things! The problem is wasting lot of time for only document or two. Thank you for the links! I will examine its soon!
    All the best

6. Mikael

Mikael Regular Member

Business
    Well to learn badminton from articles and videos is very problematic, as you don't get the feedback whether you got it right, you always need several sources to get a holistic understanding.
    In your situation though, I assume it is more about exercises, and I would therefore go for the BestOnCourt source :)

7. grunfyu

grunfyu Regular Member

Yes, it is problem, I've connected with one bad. club in my country. They will give me help by time but lot of thing I can do alone. Thanks for advice.

8. Mikael

Mikael Regular Member

Business
    :)

Learning from different sources also make you a better coach, as you then can communicate the sport in different ways, so there is a greater chance that they will understand...
    Even though I have my profile real name, then as I did badminton lessons, I still asked all the stupid, crazy and basic questions, because you simple need to go into these detail and different views of it to understand not only how, but also why. If some of my students saw these threads, they probably would be sceptical about my skills lol, but if you don't challenge you own statements, you will grow old. This forum is a nice space to get inspiration, so just keep searching and asking in here!

9. grunfyu

grunfyu Regular Member

Yes, I've realized the value of this forum! I'll keep on searching :)