how should i train my students?

Discussion in 'Coaching Forum' started by jclim2009, Nov 12, 2010.

1. jclim2009

jclim2009 Regular Member

student
    hi Im a first year college student and im 16 i started to train my first batch of students who are varsity players from my Alma mater and Im wondering what kind of training should i give to them because there are so many kinds of training that are there and since this is my first time i want to have an idea on how to train them. thank you for all of those who will give their ideas:)

2. kevinboyz

kevinboyz Regular Member

First, 16 and in college grats.

Anywho, there is alot of ways to train your students, I'll name some.

1. Have them line up in a line, have the first person jump over a bench or something and smash the shuttle cock then run forward and get a drop then make that person run around the gym and go back in line. (then redo)

2. A more simple one, have two people, one person smashes and gets drops while the other just feeds the shuttle cock to him.

3. A weird one, have them wear on something heavy(bullet vest) and jump smash ;o.

4. Have a couple people on each side of the court, hit the shuttle cock back and ford while moving down to the end of the gym and back up. (using foot work of course)

5. Lee Chong Wei style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stpxeCIdWzw

#2 kevinboyz, Nov 13, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  3. Lordofthefart

Lordofthefart Regular Member

Student
    There's so much different training because you haven't identified what you want to do yet. Do you want to focus on their weakness or sharpen their strengths? Is the training physical or technique based? Once you identify exactly what you want to do with the kids then what's left is fairly small handful of drills.

4. awasd

awasd Regular Member

Full Time Coach
    Hi jusT give you so advice may i know what is ur objectives in training them? Do you all have to go for competition?