Gosen Ryoga Shiden VS Yonex Arcsaber Z-Slash

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by jason1975, Jun 11, 2011.

1. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

Can anyone provide some comparisons between gosen Shiden and yonex Z-Slash? I bet there are many people out there who are eager to find out which one is BETTER!! :cool:

2. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

==" not a person can provide comparisons at all? lol..

I used z slash before so I can give a brief comparisons (not accurate):

First of all, the main differences of shiden and z slash is obviously the weight of the racket. Shiden is a light and more even balanced racket, and z-slash is a head heavy racket. Shiden is more suitable in doubles game because it is light, swing speed is fast and easy to maneuver. Z-slash would be more suitable for singles because of the heaviness.

Another difference is the feel when hitting the shuttles. Shiden produce a *ping* sound when you hit the shuttle. My guess is because of the frame shape and faster swing speed to cut through the air that generate that sound. I could easily generate more power using Shiden than Z-Slash. I am not sure whats the reason but I'm guessing it's the string that affected me. I string my shiden with bg80 and my friend's z-slash had bg65 on at 1 or 2 lbs lower than mine.

In my opinion, I think that Shiden is easier to adjust to compare to z-slash. Z-slash is not hard to use but need some time to adjust to it. When i used z slash for the first time, I couldnt generate enough power and proper control. For intermediate players who have less power, I recommend you start with Shiden first. However, it is all up to your preferences. :)

Feel free to ask me any questions if I can help :)

By the way, the z-slash i used before was the taufik hidayat version. I might get my friend to play badminton with me again, so I can try and write more reviews about it.

3. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

I've tried the ZSlash once before using the Shiden... I wasn't fully able to exploit the full potential of the ZSlash... It was hard to use...

But my experience with the Shiden is absolutely MAGNIFICENT! I will not buy a Yonex racket after getting my Shiden. One of the biggest grippe I have with my other Yonex rackets (AT900PLC and VT80) is that the shaft feels somewhat flexy. After a really hard smash, the shaft seems to be soft for a while. Making the rackets somewhat unpredictable for me.

The Shiden allowed me to perform consistent hard and fast smashes repeatedly without going soft. Trying to sell my VT80 so I can use the money towards a second Shiden.

4. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

5. Ember

Ember Regular Member

Just got the Gosen Ryoga Shiden awhile back.

It is amazing racket! The build quality is absolutely fantastic and it feels solid in your hand.

I hear that the beautiful paintjob they use on this racket is the same as that they use on cars in Japan!

Even balanced, very fast head speed, M40 grade carbon shaft which has amazing stiff-power-inducing smash potential.
    This is my instant go-to for doubles play.

visor likes this.
  6. Ember

Ember Regular Member

To add, the Shiden rivals many of the Nanoray/Nanospeed rackets by Yonex, and dare I say it is better.

Out of the Gosen series where some are manufactured by Fleet Taiwan (i.e. Customedge series), the parts for this range is manufactured in Japan, assembled elsewhere, and then returned to Japan where it undergoes very strict quality control.

7. Razack

Razack Regular Member

-

#7 Razack, Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2022