Yonex ArcSaber Flash Boost ( ARC FB )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by yan.v, Jan 13, 2013.

1. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

Interested to checkout the Victor Light Fighter range too but dont think M'sia has it. From the official website it is stated to be at 5U range and more flex compare to ArcFB. Will this provide the extra edge in terms of power as compared to a 6U ArcFB ? Anyhow i do agree the ArcFB is lacking in the smash dept thus hoping the 5U version will make up to it. Just to be fair, im not a very attacking all out smashes player :p but love to play a speedy game of drives, counter and placing...ArcFB delivers so far :D

#381 soulsync, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  2. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    I'm not sure that the Light Fighter series is actually developped by Victor. It might be from Victor Germany, which is a different company that has the rights to market things under Victor's name.

3. jasyu

jasyu Regular Member

Hi n0m5ky ,Are you able to provide me with the contact that your friend actually contacted to make the warranty claim. I have contact yonex japan thru their contact us website and was rejected.Thank you if you can help.

4. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

So, Arcsaber FB is getting famous because of their advanced in breakages? :D

5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Having played with it for a while, I can't say I think it's a great racket. Yes, it is quick, and you'll probably be able to pull of some stunning defensive shots and interceptions, but it seriously lacked overhead.
    All in all great for fun-only players as you can really play around on defense and do double/triple action shots nicely with this, but competition players should think twice before getting this.

6. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

I was able to generate great power with the racket. I guess it depends on your swing and strength or something.

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

And the strings. You'll need pretty tight strings on this to get good power. But also, really getting behind the shuttle is more important than with heavier rackets (at least for me). Only players with a rather fast and explosive hitting action will get good power with it, and even then I doubt it's on par with other rackets...anyhow, as I said, enjoyable to play with, but ineffective from the back.

8. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

I did have to add a couple pounds to get the most out of it. I liked it at the lower tension, but at higher tensions it was just insane. Shots were crisp and effortless!

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well, with the extra head speed compared to a heavier racket you should be able to get more out of your strings, so adding 2-3lbs shouldn't be a problem. Having only a testing version over, I'm not able to string it at all, so I had to make do with the (insanely) soft strings on it. I can imagine it has a crisp feeling as most lower weight rackets tend to have, but couldn't really judge with those strings.
    I'd like to really have a go with it with decent strings (BG66UM/ZM65@30, maybe 31 / BG80@31), but who has the money :D
    Changing back in-game, my Bs09 felt very heavy, and insanely powerful. The much more comfortable strings definitely played a part in that, though :)

10. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Most like I suspect is that he contacted the shop Yonex authorized shop where the racket was purchased from.

You would have to do the same however if it was imported outside of Japan for JP, then you sort of out of luck unless it was a shipping error.

I have claimed my own JP rackets in the past by sending them back to the shop in Japan where I got mine from and they took it from there.

11. visor

visor Regular Member

I really don't see why anyone is expecting this FB to be some new wonder racket given recent history of many much hyped Yonex releases like Z Slash, VTZF, NR700. :rolleyes:

In a few months, we'll be seeing many FS: FB threads on the Buy/Sell forum, just like those Yonex rackets above. ;)

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

ZF is actually a good racket imop - the others, not so much :D Although the ArcZS is popular amongst the non-brainwashed members of my club. No idea why, though, as I don't see what makes it more attractive than any other high-priced racket (Arc7 or Arc10 would be much higher on my list).

13. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

Because I've tried it and it is really a new wonder for me :p

I haven't liked a racket so much since the MP99 and the BK Photon! Heh.

I can understand why some people don't like the racket though, but it is definitely not a ZS, NR700-800 or any of those not so liked overhyped rackets.

14. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

Agree ~ comparatively i seen more Arc11 in sales thread than ArcFB in past months
    Is either not many tried the FB or is a keeper for most
    I'm sure many had stated in their reviews or first impression that it is not a racket for EVERYONE
    But it does has it's own merits

Edit : Juz to add that Ratchanok used the ArcFB for a win over Sonia Cheah w/ VT-80 in Axiata Cup 2013 WS Final :) nice game

#394 soulsync, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  15. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

both my FB are keepers.. :) its different as compared to other yonex racquets that i have bought/sold.

16. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Maybe it's the color ha ha! :D

17. Boggieeiggob

Boggieeiggob Regular Member

i may have missed a post about this, but how does the FB compare to the Z slash? Because I'm getting rid of my Arc 10 PG but I'm not sure whether to replace it with Z slash or FB ><'

18. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

It's impressive that so many professional players are using or trying the Arc FB in the recent tournaments.
    It must be their techniques and skills which makes Arc FB's lack of power not worth to mention.

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Or it's that lack of power that makes them switch back... :D

20. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Just tried the new Arc FB strung with BG66 @23lbs owned by a friend last night. It felt really light and the swing speed was faster than a 3U NS9900 which came to my surprise, since this racket has a taller BP which I thought it would compensate the lighter total weight. I played only one double game with this racket so I might be sending a wrong impression for a comprehensive review but the main highlight of this racket is the user-friendliness. It swings through the air like effortlessly in a decent speed. It was very enjoyable to play the game at the front and mid court bringing more of tight net shots and fast flat drives exchange, even a late cross court net shots were easily controlled. OTOH, playing at the rear court was very demanding. Though I smashed at the maximum power, it just did not kill the opponent and most of my smashes were easily returned. At certain times, I felt the check smashes I executed with this racket were somehow more effective where the steeper angle made my opponents more difficult to counter with flat returns.
    IMHO, the Arc FB is more suitable for ladies players especially those who play mixed doubles and keep their eyes at the front court most of the times. Probably some of the beginners or lower-intermediate level players at younger ages would get the benefit of this feather-lite racket as they will not get easily tired so the focus is more on the proper stroke.

Just an addition for some who have been wondering, Arc ZS is a completely different animal compared to the Arc FB. As a big fan of Arc ZS, I am trying not to send a biassed message but I believe the Arc ZS was developed for more advanced all-rounder players and Yonex had done that successfully. Personally, I think that Arc ZS is the racket which gives you a "love it or hate it" kind of impression and I use it in almost every sessions I play and I simply can't get away from it :eek:
    And for the "real" taste of Arc ZS, please try the 2U instead of 3U.

#400 quixilver, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013