APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Old-Men

Old-Men Regular Member

Retired
    Dear yuan7980, how much it cost feather weight 300 in Malaysia ?where can in JB ?

2. Magicmeatbag

Magicmeatbag Regular Member

Landscaping
    I guess I will add the FW300 to my next to try list :)

3. yuan7980

yuan7980 Regular Member

[MENTION=115657]Old-Men[/MENTION] :RM150 with one foc grip

4. yuan7980

yuan7980 Regular Member

i get it at honly

5. williamlim

williamlim New Member

Lecturer
    Anyone can review the Apacs Super Blade Z?

Hi all, I have searched everywhere but there is not one review of the Apacs Super Blade Z, any users please share your experience.
    I have played doubles ok with a flex and (I believe) head light racket. I am wondering if a different racket can increase the power of my smash from the backcourt? So I was thinking that would mean a stiff and head heavy racket? Perhaps make it medium of both so I can transition better? I read many reviews of Lethal 70 that it really powers up the shots from backcourt, but it was recommended for singles. I mostly play doubles and likes to do a quick swing fast drive or smash. Any recommendations anyone? Thanks!

6. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Go for the Tantrum 200/300. It is one of the best racquet I have tried so far and outstanding value for the price/performance.

7. kg_yew

kg_yew Regular Member

Anyone tried the titanium 10? It is the clone of the Ti-10.

8. williamlim

williamlim New Member

Lecturer
    Hi Teo
    Thanks for recommending Tantrum 200, am seriously considering it. I am looking to increase power of smash. Currently using Finnex Power Smash which has the same balance point, but T200 will be more stiff and heavier by 1-2g. Sounds like will increase smash power, though it won't increase head-heaviness. I read some reviewers say T200 doesn't help so much to power up a smash from the baseline. What is your experience of smashing with T200? Does it help generate power, or is that not its strong point?

9. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I think smash power comes from technique first. It is hard for me to say if the T200 will help in your case because I do not know your level of play. Generally, if you have good technique, a stiffer racquet will help but if you don't have the technique, then a more flexible racquet will be more forgiving.

In my case, I find that the T200 has very decent power, in fact, the clears and punch from the racquet is one of the best I have experienced. What's good about the racquet is the stability and the "solid" feel.

If you feel that you have reached the limit of the Finnex Power Smash, then maybe the APACS Lethal 100 or Slayer 99 is what you are looking for.

10. williamlim

williamlim New Member

Lecturer

Thanks for your reply. I consider myself intermediate, playing almost only doubles. I find the Finnex Power Smash easy to maneuver so that I can do fast drives and taps at the net. I have been stringing at 23lbs. The last time I tried 24, I thought I lost a bit of power. I can easily kill a mid court shuttle so I think my technique is mostly ok. When smashing from the baseline, I use all my strength but I seldom result in a kill. So I have resorted to not smash unless the opponent is out of position. So I will either drop, half smash or clear. Because I am tall and fast at the net, I end up mostly playing up front. I envy those who can smash hard enough from the back to trouble opponents. So I reasoned that after a few years of playing with a more flex racket, perhaps I have enough arm strength now to use a stiff racket and perhaps that will impart power to my smash. I was impressed with reviews of Lethal 70 that less work is needed to hit powerfully from the back, though I won't want to reduce the speed of my racket at the net. So Tantrum 200 sounds it could increase some power for me at the back without slowing racket movements at the net. One review of Lethal 100 I read was it was too head heavy that more effort was needed for overhead clears. Slayer 99 seems more like T200. So in my situation what do you think would help improve my smash from the back while still allowing me to be fast at the net?

11. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Lethal and Slayer are supposedly more suitable for singles whereas Tantrum for doubles. However, I think it depends on your playing style. If you are the type that smashes from the baseline, there's no reason why you cannot use a head heavy and stiff racquet.

What you are asking for is like the holy grail which everyone is searching for. The requirements for fast at the net and smashing bombs from baseline are almost diametrically opposite. There are all round racquets but normally they don't excel at anything though some come close to being the top in almost every single category (Adidas Duoforce is one such racquet).

My suggestion is that you can consider getting a head heavy/stiff racquet in 4u specs so that it is still relatively fast at the net. I cannot think of an APAC racquet that fit that criteria but you can consider Yonex or Victor. For Yonex, look at the VTZF 2 (4u) and for Victor, you can consider both the Thruster K9000 (4u) or K6000 (4u). I have the K6000 (3u) and the power is very good with excellent repulsion (the shaft more flexy compare to K9000).

12. williamlim

williamlim New Member

Lecturer
    I looked up your YY and Victor suggestions, and they really fit the bill, thanks. However, their price are almost 3 times that of T200, so need to consider all the angles. Would you advice me any differently if I put it like this: If I find in my match I am mostly staying up front doing net and blocks, then I will use my Finnex Power Smash. But if I find myself frequently covering the back court, or if I find my smashes from the back not troubling my opponents at all, then what racket would you recommend that will give me more power in the backcourt smash, and I do not mind losing some speed at the net (since I will be at the net less)?
    And just to make sure I'm understanding tension rightly-Sometimes I read a reviewer say a certain stiff racket would need a certain high tension (26-28lbs) to maximise its benefits. It makes me wonder if I string that racket at my current preferred tension of 23lbs would I fail to experience the benefits described in the review. Would starting a new racket require another round of tension optimisation, or would my currently favoured tension apply to all racket types? Thanks.

13. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    try the tweet series.

14. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Anyone tried the edge saber z slayer yellow edition? I want a back up for my arcsaber z slash and was wondering if this would be a cheaper alternative?

15. dsmbooster

dsmbooster Regular Member

financial analyst
    i'm in the market for some light racquets, currently I use Kumpoo nano powershot 990 weight 82 gr dry, and it's much faster than other apacs I owned before (T200, VH2020,L60 all 3u,) very obvious, I'm looking at those 2 models: apacs feather weight 100 and lethal light 1.10.someone please give review and comparision between those two racquets, Featherweight 100 and Lethal light 1.10 have different frame shapes, FW has Bravesword like frame ( Weight (grams): 76 gLength: 675 mm Balance: 290 mm) and LL1.10 has aerodynamic. here're spects of the two:http://www.badmintonbay.com/Badmint...ex.php?route=product/product&product_id=55i'm so confused by their descriptions, anyone who play with boths please give comments, and what's the different between those 2 frame shapes? (both fast)thanks

16. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

Whats the differences between the Lethal 60, 70, 90, 100, 110, etc?

I looked at the Specs, they seem to be basically all the same. balance is about 290. Frame is stiff. Weight is about 86-90.

17. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Has anyone tried the Apacs Slayer 550 or 660?

18. shahkiz

shahkiz Regular Member

Student
    Hello, just wanna ask some question. Have you guys ever use APACS Stern 350 Power? its korean spec.

19. jerby

jerby Regular Member

The 60 and 70 are almost identical, my 60 was slightly headheavier (but maybe that was just mine).Both are box-framed rackets.The 90 has a frame like victors braveswords and it's more even balanced, the same goes for the L100 (that's a 2U though).The L110 is a bit like the 90, but with a more round frame. It's slightly heavier (mine was) and more stable, but a tad slower.

20. Slayer74

Slayer74 Regular Member

Hi, I am an offensive player and currently I have VT 70 and AT900P which are head heavy type. So if I wanted to look for apace range, what should I be looking at. Thanks.