Things you hate about badminton!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Wizbit, Dec 14, 2002.

1. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I will give you an idea of how big this tournament is
    Josh Neal (who is no. 1 in Scotland for his age) was competing and some other seeded players that is how good the players were

2. phamd124

phamd124 Regular Member

Student
    Wow, I guess I can't really say anything other than: That really sucks. :eek:

3. player81

player81 New Member

I hate the better player asked the weaker player : "Who is your coach?" I feel this is an insult.

4. DexDez

DexDez Regular Member

Technologist
    Is there really anything to hate when you truly love the game?:confused:

5. phamd124

phamd124 Regular Member

Student
    Of course, maybe how little it's known, how people think it's a back-yard sport or perhaps a cheater you've played recently. There's many things you can hate about the sport, but we're all on BC because we love it, right? :D

6. Aeries

Aeries Regular Member

You're 100% right there, badminton is after all for fun. Thinking about it now, you shouldn't really get worked up by others' comments, but it's hard when it has just happened to you. ;) I'll start a clean leaf for that bunch haha :)

7. Sandmandj

Sandmandj Regular Member

Pyrox, when I was at Uni I lived in halls with a massive rugby playing meat-head. He asked what sport I was into, I said badminton and he laughed. So I said next time I played he should come and give it a go. I played singles with him for about an hour. He was so tired he puked. He never mocked me again. ;)

8. val_tamse

val_tamse Regular Member

tesco/chef
    hi

i HATE people whos bossing me around b4 and after the game:mad:

9. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    I hate my double partner when he is not concentrating during a match.. :crying: :mad:

10. tmtay

tmtay Regular Member

Bussiness Solution Consultant
    enjoy the game

I am not an elite too, and at the place where I played (not a club just a group off people around 25 people playing together by sharing the cost and rented 3 court for 3 hours once a week) I'm the only girl. So it's would be obvious that I don't have any playmate :) the only option is MD vs XD :crying:

Sometimes I hated those who only play 1 match with me instead of finish the game (2 match in our rules) with excuse he is tired and just a few minutes he continue playing with the others. I just felt that if you don't want to play with me I can understand that, but the situation is you saw me there and you step on the court. And you make me cannot enjoy the game :(.
    This is not happening again because if I see him step on court I will never step on to play with him :), so it would not upset me again.

To keep myself enjoy the game I just follow some rules below :
    - keep in mind the level of each player and are they happy to play with you, so you can avoid to make yourself upset and make other unhappy.
    - choose a partner which a little bit higher level then you opponent (although I don't have strong smash or good back hand, I still can safe the front side) so I still can win the game.
    - build a good relationship with them, so it would be easier for you to play with them.

so you can still enjoy the game if you make yourself enjoy it :D

11. gamepurpose

gamepurpose Regular Member

unemployeed
    I hate to watch or to play in with 2 different level of skills. It just so boring.
    Especially, when one side is too strong, that side going to act all lack off and start to talking to friends (who's off the court) right before the serves. If I get to play with people who new to this game, I rather at least focus on the game and try not to make other see that I don't want to play the game.
    Last time, I happen to play with my friend, who just started badminton, agaist with people who actually under my level (yea really they're under my level) but of course there is no way you can goes agaisnt 1 on 2, that is just like telling my friend to get out of the court and let me play them. And so they started to act like hahah this hahah that and start talking to their friend when i was about to serve, that made me wait and wait until they finish the conversation.
    I was like really? are you fkn serious?

12. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    i think people need to calm down a bit :S
    If you feel you need to quit because you lost in a tournament, then obviously unless your attitude towards competition and the sport itself is changed, you will go nowhere.

Every champion loses. In fact every champion has been through thousands of losses in their journey to the top spots.

13. yuenie

yuenie Regular Member

Student
    1. The fact badminton is not widely covered on national TV in the USA :(

2. How a lot of my friends say badminton is "not a sport".

3. How in high school badminton competition, outs and etc are your opponent's calls and other schools are always cheating by saying it's out when it hits line. A coach once helped their team cheat! Even when only the opponent is allowed to make the calls, not their coach...

4. Annoyingly loud spectators who clap up a storm whenever their side wins. I know this happens in pro games but... I just find it sort of irritating and mildly distracting; I don't like it either when people clap loud for me when I win points.

14. Swingbadabada

Swingbadabada Regular Member

Student
    I hate it when say you win a doubles match or people see you warming up/training and they ask you or your doubles partner "which one of you two is better" it's a really awkward decision for both people and if you try and shrug/laugh the question off people ask again.

15. krisss

krisss Regular Member

Yeah , doubles is a team game.

People always say "I won the doubles match" God , you have a partner :eek::cool::p

16. darkwingduck

darkwingduck Regular Member

Nothing
    I hate when I lose, the opponent always tell everyone how good he is and so on and when he loses he say his knees have problems bla bla bla.

And I hate injuries :mad: Just injured my wrist a week ago :crying:.

17. yuenie

yuenie Regular Member

Student
    ^ I had a wrist injury during my badminton season too. It was excruciatingly painful every time I smashed... But I just told my coach to bandage my arm tight so I could still play in the competitions. :)

18. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

unfortunately injuries are a bane of every sport, it's rarely avoidable in most instances. does make you appreciate the game more when you're injury free though, that's something most of us take for granted.

19. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    1. Girls who want to play but really bad at it and locking the space up.
    2. Elders who takes the court without doing much badminton at all.
    3. Guys who tries to impress girls by doing stupid stunts, like Jump Smash and end up throwing racquets.
    4. All of the above again.

I know I'm dissing a lot of people, but I can't help it. It's a waste of time and makes me not able to play.

20. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    People who play 15 point system when the rest of the gym is using rally, and their games are like 3x as long as the others.