New Yonex Nanogy 95 String

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by bluejeff, Feb 13, 2006.

1. GTO-demon

GTO-demon Regular Member

student
    omg.. ive just got my racquet strung with the nano 95s.. and guess what... they snapped in 2 hrs...i dont think i missed hitted alot.. since all the frays were in the middle... and snapped in the middle too.. LOL...
    but overall.. i really like the strings.. haha..

2. molohov

molohov Regular Member

Engineer
    wow, that was fast! must have been a very high tension!

3. GTO-demon

GTO-demon Regular Member

student
    ii dunno.. maybe.. but i dout it.. i usually use the same tension.. 26, 27ish.. and my string wont break as fast as this.... might be me.. or might be the strings.. haha.. hope its not me =P

4. sirjoe1

sirjoe1 Regular Member

-
    How long would this string last? Im hoping to string it at 24lbs on a nano power 8000 not nano speed =P XD

5. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
    I'm currently using Nanogy 98 (0.66mm) 24lbs on my AT-900T, it's been over a month of usage and it's still going strong. At the begining, the strings were very stiff compared to strings like BG65, BG66, BG68Ti and BG 80, it felt like playing ping pong, however, as I played more and the strings started to soften, it is very good, good repulsion and control. So the durability is not an issue. I assume the Nanogy 95 will last even longer due to the larger diameter. Unless i'm not smashing hard enough or other people have super powerful arms.

6. sirjoe1

sirjoe1 Regular Member

-
    Oh ok.. so do you recommend me stringing it at 24lbs? im about semi-pro intermediate... Iv'e used the armortec 700 before at i think 23lbs im not sure as it was my friends :p so yea the racquet I have now is a Nano Power 8000 3U 20-25LBS / G2 9-12 KGS, I wonder what would happen if i string it at 25lbs? but Im thinking to get it strung at 24lbs so yea,

7. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
    Stringing tension is all personal preference, there's no right or wrong, as long as it suits your style of play. Just try it at whatever tension you usually play with, that way you can tell the difference between the strings.

8. sirjoe1

sirjoe1 Regular Member

-
    haha thats the problem, i don't know what tension I usually get the stings strung at, cause All i say to them "higher than normal" normal to me would be 20lbs so yea this would be the second time im going to string my racquet haha 2nd! cause believe it or not, I thought a string could last for a year or so ... how stupid of me...
    till i noticed my strings that were about 3/4 months old were like going to snap.. So i bought the Yonex BG80 and NBG95 strings.. don'y know which 1 to try first... hmm

9. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
    In that case, I think you should try the BG80 at 22lbs, see if that will give you a little more control, then when the BG80 snaps, use the NBG95 and adjust the tension to your liking accordingly.

10. sirjoe1

sirjoe1 Regular Member

-
    Hm..I don't know, i'll see what my mind thinks of at the last minute of stringing.. haha, if you don't mind me asking whats ur age group? heheh cause u noe, different strengths in arms....

Edit: Nvm.. :) i see that your 28.. :) .. hmm BG80 or nbg95 .. confused confused :) i guess if i dont like the tension i can always get it restrung again..but then it'll cost money... hmm

#130 sirjoe1, May 15, 2007
    Last edited: May 15, 2007
  11. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Hi Guys..

Whats your experice with the durability.. I just played for less than an hour with an AT900T newly strung with NBG95. It felt super first 30 min, and then they started feeling very dead ?!?! Is this common with the NBG95?? Also it seem to barely keep it togeteher, the outer layer just breaking all over the stringbed..

I posted a picture of part of the stringbed to illustrate..

Is this fluke? Could it be a bad batch?

/Twobeer

Attached Files:

12. RSX

RSX Regular Member

I did experience something simillar, first time using the NBG-95 felt very explosive. Next time, I would not say dead, but certainly did not feel as repulsive. However, in my case there was a week between sessions.

In terms of durability, the wear in the pic over 30 mins does not look normal based on my experiences with clients racquets. What tension was it strung at ?

13. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    Wow, that's after 30 mins?

14. jerby

jerby Regular Member

wow...that's bizar...for such a high-end string...

I had it once with a sotx string (0.68mm) it was black so you could see it clearly...it lasted 40min at 24-lbs...

15. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    it was a :D moderate 24x26lbs .. and the photo was lafter something like 50 minutes of play-time.. But the string felt completely lifless after 30 min, but i didn't expect if the wear was the same at that point.. I will cut it.. But I guess I expected better durability from a 0,69 string with nano-tec...

T

16. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    Maybe you just had a bad batch. These strings can't be too bad, cause there charging us quite a lot.

17. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Yea mee to actually when testing a black SOTX BR68, which i didn't like :p

/T

18. jerby

jerby Regular Member

yeah, it was br68, indeed!
    CF66 is much better...but needs grip...

david07, price=quality?
    ...there must be a thread about it somewhere ;)

#138 jerby, May 31, 2007
    Last edited: May 31, 2007
  19. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Sigh.. I am hesitant to return them to Japan, if I am not 100% sure its a defect (maybe they are the best 30 min. strings ever :) ).. I'll try another pack later and see if it seems to be the same problem.. But I just recieved The RX100,200 goosen strings... too little time, to much fun badminton-gear to play with :(

/T

20. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    haha, 30 min. strings, not too useful in the long run:). So you said smashes were pretty good with those strings. How'd power compare for you personally with these strings compared to say.... BG-80?