APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. NanoDice

NanoDice Regular Member

Does anyone know where is the Apacs store in Hong Kong?

2. Nict_26

Nict_26 Regular Member

just a job
    pricing shod be within the range of rm212. bought 1 at jb honey at rm212 and another one at tam an megah times sports at the same price. my price of rm212 includes bg65ti. if u choose other strings maybe cheaper.

3. BBEdrummerAK

BBEdrummerAK Regular Member

Warehouse schlub
    I have enjoy reading through this thread! Time for my 2 cents on Apacs!

I play with the Nano Fusion Speed 722, which is their 78g balance weight racket, and I LOVE it. I got it because I had gotten back into badminton after a long layoff (over a decade...baddy wasn't happening anywhere for that long where I live in Alaska), and quickly realized my shoulder is not as young as it once was. I had minor impingement, and just a difficult time using my old Carlton Rassmusson racket, due to its heavier weight and stiffness.
    Upon getting the NFS722, it was obvious that I was going to have a learning curve..it was almost TOO fast! But after 9+ months of use, and dabbling with other rackets, I can't see using anything else. I play predominantly doubles, and net play and defense is fantastic with that racket (I am using Yonex BG80 strings, at about 22-23lbs, for reference). Being a larger, muscular player, generating arm power for clears is not an issue.
    Yes, even with the flexible shaft, I do lose some pop for deep backcourt smashes, but I can place my smash anywhere I want to, and can still come away with good winners. What I do like about the light weight and flexibility is the ability to just reach up for the bird and snap my wrist with a bit of whip like motion and I can create steep angled shots that actually come down pretty quick. I never have learned the timing for a proper jump smash, so that is the best I have to offer..haha. And being 35 years old now, my knees are not getting younger for me to jump all the time. :p
    A couple other players in our club also use Apacs products, being another NFS722, and a Nano 9900, and both of them love their rackets as well. In fact one of them has ordered one of the Finapis..I forget which.
    To be clear, we are club players that meet once a week, as that is all the gym time we can get, but a lot of our players come from and have National tournament experience in countries such as India, Malaysia, Philippines, Germany, and some of the Alaskan players having success in the States (one of them well enough to be considered for Olympic qualifying!), so I would peg my level at intermediate for sure, but probably not at a level a lot of you are! :)
    In short, I love the Apacs line, and especially the NFS722.

4. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    Well keep it up.
    The N9900 is excellent. I use only that after my Yonex NS9900 broke a few years back. feels the same. light, flexibility excellent.

5. Rych05

Rych05 Regular Member

anyone has any experience on virtuoso 50 or lethal 50? thanks

6. surajaya

surajaya Regular Member

Anyone has apacs blend (7000 / 8000) ?. Is it true that it's frame profile is asymmetric (viewed from back & front) ?. Really curious about these rackets after reading it's description on sportshorizon : First of a kind, 2-in-1 racket from Apacs. One side for defensive play and another for attacking game.The Offensive side consists of Low Aerodynamic Drag (L.A.D), which enhances your swing speed and also the power of your smash. On the hand, the Defensive side incorporates "Wind-breaking" technology that improves your defensive capability.

7. Magicmeatbag

Magicmeatbag Regular Member

Landscaping
    I had the perfect blend racket for a bit before i gave it to my father. It was a good all rounder racket. Shaft was a bit flimsy for me though. And yea the racket profile is weird lol but I liked it.

8. Old-Men

Old-Men Regular Member

Retired
    Dear seniors,

Any review on apacs feather weight 300? Good for hard smash ? Thinking get 1 to try

9. hieu1988

hieu1988 Regular Member

Lawyer
  10. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    This is my first time heard about it

11. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

i also have a similar case: a few months ago, i saw just ONE 'apacs finapi 8' (NOT the 80, not the 88), with 'fast and fury' written on the head, had some darkish paint theme all over. anyone else heard of this?

12. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    nope. not me

13. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Recently acquired my very first APACS racket.
    Tried a few, but the one that fits my style is the Slayer 88.

Moderately stiff, slightly head heavy, and medium weight. Plays a perfect balance of attack and defence for my style. Kudos to APACS for doing a great job for less money!:)

14. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

15. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    its a clone but with different spec

16. EdSalv

EdSalv Regular Member

Hi Old Man,

So, I'm new on forum, but I bought an Apacs FW300 recently. It comes strung and I played some games before send to re-stringing with high tension. So, I can talk that is amazing for defense and quick shots, but lacks in power and stability - my smashes and my drop shots were awful during the game. I don't know, maybe the strings, maybe I, that always played with heavy head rackets.. I will talk more after.

I'd like to know more reviews about this racket too. I think there are more experient players who could to talk with more property.

17. Old-Men

Old-Men Regular Member

Retired
    Thanks EdSalv,

Now that you have bought it ..... Maybe u can give us better review after you play few more round

18. EddieC*

EddieC* New Member

Hi guys I am looking for a racket that is even to head heavy balance and medium to stiff flex, I have been looking at the zslayer and lethal series and not sure what would be a good one to settle with because I cannot find a conclusive review on them, so if any of you have used/own the zslayer or just have apacs racket to recommend to me that would be great !! Purpose of racket : Racket I can switch around with at900t 3u because there are just some days i dont feel like wielding a really heavy racket, fast (loved my carlton powerblade superlite for its speed), and able to take high tension stringing. The zigzag speed (zspeed clone) has also caught my attention because of the racket it is replicating but it is also very flexible shaft

19. Magicmeatbag

Magicmeatbag Regular Member

Landscaping
    Apacs virtuoso performance would be the one Id look at first. And it doesn't cost that much :)

20. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

The Virtuoso Performance that i tried was at least as head-heavy as a AT900T. So not sure you would be getting what you are looking for. Only other APACS experience i have is with a Lethal 90 which was slightly head heavy but very stiff; and with a Slayer 88 which is also slightly head-heavy but with a less stiff shaft. Both features which made the S88 easier on the arm than the AVP or the L90. (And cheaper, too).
    just my 2 cents. :)