Victor Meteor X60 ( MX60 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by roycetan, Dec 1, 2011.

1. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

I don't know much about what stiffness corresponds to what numbers on the SOTX scale, but what rackets are you using now? Maybe if you state your preferences we can tell you which MX is closer in stiffness.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Power ultimately comes not from the racket but from you! ;). So just like high vs low tensions, it depends on player. For sure stiff frame will offer more accuracy, stability and feel. And ultimately stiff frame will produce the most max power, but will be more demanding (ie less forgiving), requiring good stroke execution and timing.

3. Maybes

Maybes Regular Member

Looking for one
    hmm.. at700 first gen.. but i'm looking for something less demanding in swing weight yet do not lose out much in power and control..

4. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    Visor, thks for ur advise. I know that there are so many aspect contribute to produce powerful smashing.

Below are some info for you guys about the function of flexi frame to the racket which taken from the web.

[TABLE="class: MsoTableGrid"]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Function of flexi frame to AT900P
    [/TD]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Function of flexi frame to Voltric Z force
    [/TD]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Function of flexi frame to Nanoray
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Yonex Armortec 900 Power is designed for hard hitters and offensive / attacking players. The racket is made to help players produce explosive smash power using Yonex latest technologies, MicroTi and ElasticTi. MicroTi is loaded into the top of the frame to help hold the shuttlecock like a bow holding an arrow. The ElasticTi which is loaded into the frame and the shaft of the racket help to store and release the energy as bow pulls and releases an arrow to its target.

Elastic Ti

Elastic Ti provides the high elasticity needed for structural high strength and a powerful rebound effect. At impact, Elastic Ti resists deformation, stretching then recovering its shape quickly to launch accurate hits charged with the full energy of the swing.

[/TD]
    [TD="width: 168, bgcolor: transparent"]TRI-VOLTAGE SYSTEM
    VOLTRIC IS POWER
    The stiff racquet structure at the top of the frame head allows the head to bend in a very controlled way and hold shuttles on the string bed for longer.
    The thin frame sides then allow the frame to flex more and transfer more energy to the shuttle. This combination allows you to smash with instant power

[/TD]
    [TD="width: 186, bgcolor: transparent"]The Yonex NanoRay 700FX (NR700RFX - Flexible) badminton racket controls the shuttle and hit the corners with incredible easiness. Combined with Toughlex - a "sticky" resin which delivers high flexibility and intensity - incorporated into both sides of the frame, the Yonex NanoRay 700FX has high resilience and flexibility to help players to hit easy clear shots.

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Source: http://www.badmintonalley.com/Yonex_Voltric_Z_Force_VTZF_4UG4_Badminton_Racket_p/racket-yonex-voltric-z-force.htm
    Source:
    http://www.badmintonalley.com/Yonex...minton_Racket_p/racket-yonex-ns700fx-2011.htm

And below the info for frame of bs series and mx series which taken from web too. It say that bs have stiff frame and mx have rigid (stable) frame.

[TABLE="class: grid"]
    [TR]
    [TD]Bravesword Series
    [/TD]
    [TD]Meteor Series
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]The Brave Sword 10 uses new technology to reduce air resistance during a swing by 10%. The diamond-shaped design cuts through the air like a sword, vastly reducing air resistance while encouraging nimble handling. While the inner-waves technology provides more consistent stable shots. Great racket for those who are looking for a stiff frame.

[/TD]
    [TD]CARBON XT-Carbon XT stack of woven carbon fiber-reinforced technology, the X-axis continuous interwoven way to make carbon fiber composite more closely intertwined, forming a strong continuous tension network, more uniform force, significantly film surface to enhance rigidity and resistance to torque, resulting in an unprecedented explosive.

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Source:
    http://www.victorracquets.com/PRODUCT/tabid/83/c/badminton/p/brs-10/Default.aspx

Source:
    http://www.badmintonavenue.com/Victor-Meteor-x80-Badminton-Racket-p/meteor x80.htm

5. strongnous

strongnous New Member

Trading
    just got it for a few days. it's just the right one for me after using Vt80 LTD, Z-force. no shoulder pain anymore, love it more and more ^^.

6. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

So how different/similar is the MX60 compared to a RKEP Pro6000 (88g 298mm)?

7. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    The Pro6000 was for all intents and purposes similar to an old spec BS11 (sort of) and sort of vaguely similar to the MX60.

They're both in the same ballpark but very different to one another.

8. BlueTornado

MX60 should be good. Not as stiff, but you'll still get nice power and control with a nice solid feel out of it.

9. Maybes

Maybes Regular Member

Looking for one
    thanks blue tornado.. I just ordered mine.. hope that it will be good..

10. badmintanfreak

badmintanfreak Regular Member

sales
    mx 60

could anyone elaborate the diff btw mx60 and rkep pro6000

11. BlueTornado

RKEP Pro 6000 is basically a Bravesword 11 old spec clone, or maybe a little less stiff. MX60 and BS11 are nearly the same stiffness and play similarly, except that the MX60 will have a bit more power and frame stability whereas the BS11 will be faster and more maneuverable.

12. badmintanfreak

sales
    mx 60

to bluetornado

hi bro do u recon its a good idea to buy rkep pro6000 other than bs09 0r bs 12.

when i bought the first racket at900p without researching, my game was lost. i bought the racket based on the specs. then i have done my research bought vt80 i was back on the game. then i bought mx60 i was performing like pro. personally i like similar type racket with different tension and string. eric was suggesting that even pro9000 will give me good hit. but box frame like at900p i was scared. any critic................

13. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    The Pro6000 is a very nicely spec'd racket, but the old spec BS11 is punchier, in my opinion. I actually liked the 9000 better - it's kind of like a slightly more mild-mannered Forza Ti550 S. If I was getting a 9000 to supplient my BS11 and MX60, I'd get the lightest one possible though, because it is still a little bit of a beast.

14. BlueTornado

I have not personally tried the RKEP Pro 6000, and I don't think I'll be getting one anytime soon. Too many other rackets to get first :D (unless Eric can slip one in my order to try out? hint, hint.. ;))

From what I've read though, I would probably agree with Maklike's statement that the old-spec BS11 will be slightly stiffer and feel punchier than the 6000, but the 6000 is still a very good BS-like racket especially considering its price - keep in mind is that it is only a little over half the price of the BS09 or BS12.

Incidentally, one of the rackets that I ordered from Eric was a Pro 9000 and by several accounts it should be much more maneuverable than something like the AT900P despite its box frame. I think the Pro 9000 is a good one to consider too.

What you might wanna do first is decide what quality you're looking for in the companion to your MX60. If you want more speed, then a BS/6000 will be better. If you want some more power, then the 9000. That might help rule some choices out.

15. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

Just got my PRO6000 yesterday. I got this as a back up to the MX60.

set-up:

MX60 3UG2 (with 2 layers Kimony KGT-102 overgrip) strings VS-850@23lbs (I will be changing this very soon, I'll either switch to BG66UM/NanoGY98 or just plainly string VS-850@25lbs)
    RKEP 3UG2 (with 1 layer Kimony KGT-106 overgrip) strings: NanoGY98 @24lbs

- net BP: identical @ ~292 mm!
    - from dry swinging, PRO6000 is indeed more maneuverable.
    - slightly more air resistance can be felt from the MX60. (very close though)
    - stiffness: quite similar but I think the MX60 will play slightly more flexible owing to the head heaviness. (no indication of the real stiffness though)
    - I'm no expert but I believe it should be easy to transition between the two rackets.
    - same as BlueTornado's sentiments, the PRO6000 @ 60% the price of a Bravesword is an absolute bargain!
    - Power: I cannot accurately compare apple to apple because of the different strings but logic dictates that the MX60 will be more powerful.

16. BlueTornado

How can the MX60 play more flexible because of head heaviness? After all, you said that the BP's are identical :rolleyes:

I do think that the power will be higher though, because of the stiffer frame and (probably) higher swing weight. Of course I can't be sure about these until I test for myself, so I'll compare my newly purchased MX60 to my BS11's once I receive it. Thanks skywalker for selling to me, hope to get it soon! :)

One problem is slightly different specs between them all. 3UG2 BS11, 3UG3 BS11, 4UG2 MX60... however I do know that the BP's of the BS11's are only about 1mm apart, 292 and 291. Also Victor's QC seems to be pretty good so the MX60 should come out to about 84g dry minimum and probably around 85g which isn't too bad. 1-3g less won't make THAT much of a difference compared to the differences that other factors can cause.

17. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

My PRO6000 is a very light 3U just over 85G. I reckon the MX60 weighs more.
    I also have two layers of overgrip on the MX60 vs one overgrip on the PRO6000.

The BP as measure of head heaviness will have only real meaning if the racket weights are identical.

Since the MX60 weighs more, it has more "net" mass on the head compared to the PRO6000.

The MX60 should "feel" very slightly more flexible; although as mentioned, this is no indication of the real stiffness (ie., as measured by the SOTX scale).

As an exaggeration, if you have two rackets having the same stiffness in the SOTX scale (one head heavy and another head light), the head heavy racket will seem a bit more flexible than the headlight racket.

Let's compare notes after testing some more. You might have a different experience since you have a 4U-MX60/3U-BS11 while I have a 3U-MX60 and an almost 4U-PRO6000.

18. BlueTornado

I think what you're talking about here is swing weight, in which case I agree. I was merely pointing out the inefficacy of using bp as a measure of head heaviness as opposed to using swing weight, which you accurately described here.

The other concept you're talking about here is the static stiffness (SOTX scale) vs the dynamic stiffness (observed stiffness while playing, affected by head heaviness).

I agree, and will let you know what I think as soon as I get mine :)

19. badmintanfreak

sales
    mx 6o

thanks to all for the good reviews. now i am getting both rkep hopefully before the sale ends.

20. BlueTornado

BP of my 4U MX60 is approximately 299mm, but it doesn't feel nearly as head heavy as my 4U AT900P which has a BP of 300mm. That speaks to the fact that AT's have a lot of their head weight concentrated at 12 o'clock whereas the weight in Victor's is generally more evenly distributed.

Weight is about the same as my AT900P as well, maybe a couple of grams difference but there's no way for me to really tell just by feeling it. I do not have an instrument sensitive enough to measure the weight in grams.

Swing speed is nearly as fast as my 3U BS11. If you're looking for it, then you can feel that swinging with the Meteor is slightly slower but not so much to make a significant impact on your game which is good. I'm sure a 3U to 3U comparison will result in a more pronounced swing speed difference between BS and MX but again, should not be that much overall. The BS11 was strung with the .65mm AP101N and the MX60 with .68mm BG80; perhaps the thinner strings on the BS11 could have partially accounted for the faster swing speed but it would probably be marginal compared to the weight of the MX60.

I'll play with the MX60 soon, comparing it primarily to the BS11. Hopefully it won't play too light for my tastes.

Oh yeah, and it's not a bad looking racket. Although the bright yellow might not look so great in pictures, it's a nice color. It definitely will stand out (in a good way) when you're playing with it!

#540 BlueTornado, May 21, 2012
    Last edited: May 21, 2012