Victor Meteor X60 ( MX60 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by roycetan, Dec 1, 2011.

1. badmintanfreak

badmintanfreak Regular Member

sales
    the smashing power is better with vt80 if u use it properly means timing and position has to be right but mx60 is just a smooth criminal. its got bigger sweet spot and a major part i think is the frame design cause it cuts through the air like butter. i play doubles most times modification is easy with mx60 not so much with vt80.
    in sydney or i would say in australia kason or victor is not at all popular so far what i have seen. one guy try to promote victor and everybody was laughing at him. the club has been playing with yonex for the last 25yrs. i wanted to try and buy kason but there is no dealer in sydney or i don't know anybody who sell kason.

2. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Simple. Move to Melbourne!

Lucas at the Clarendon St Victor shop has Victor, Kason, Babolat, Mizuno....

If you want Victor or Kason, there are a half dozen suppliers in SE Asia who are affordable, have great customer service, and very reasonable shipping prices.....

.....or you can go down the shop and pay $235 bucks for a Voltric.

I know who I'd be laughing at.

3. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm trying the MX60.

4. badmintanfreak

sales
    well i bought my vt80 aud$170 from the guy who sell his own brand as well

5. fmqpt791004

fmqpt791004 Regular Member

College Student
    After I read some reviews, MX60 would feel similar to Arcsaber 7.
    It looks like Victor made another marvelous racket! but this time it is for med flex lovers!!
    BS12 was crispy, but too headlight and aerodynamic for my liking.
    BP was 290mm. But the weight of the head was condensed to the bottom of the head.
    I certainly like med flex rackets in doubles. It helps to give a bigger power at small swing.
    I think the features of this racket will help these following areas:
    Octablade- repulsive, 3 and 9 o'clock grommet- repulsive,
    carbon xt(woven)-hold, 80 string pattern-hold

6. badmintanfreak

sales
    mx 60 vs bs 12

after reading all the reviews i was wondering how about another mid flex racket like bs12 along with my mx60. price wise i was thinking going with rkep6000 but can't make up my mind. i need mid flex very good repulsive racket. any body recomending anything...........

7. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

BS11/BS09/RKEP6000 should all fit the bill.

8. fmqpt791004

fmqpt791004 Regular Member

College Student
    I had BS12. It has good reference that many Korean national players used or are using- Jung Jae Sung, Yoo Yeon Sung, Kim Min Jung, Sung Ji Hyung, Kim Ha Na, ...
    Have you tried any brave sword racket? BS12 has a good crisp feeling when I hit, the swing feels too light to adjust the impact timing. It is a personal reference. I think you will had a maximum advantage with this racket if you are quick hand and deceptive racket work player.

I cannot tell abt MX60, but MX80 had really good review-even LYD liked it. If Victor only changed the flexibility this MX80, then I believe it will be a pretty good racket.

9. BlueTornado

That's what the 60 is for ;)

10. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Gor for the mx60, u will not regret. Personally, I think the mx60 will provide around a 10% vs bs12 more power due to the impressive sweet spot at the same time it is very quick as well. I owned a bs 12 :)

11. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

My MX60 arrived from Eric yesterday. It's strung with a VS850 @ 23lbs.

Initial impressions:

The paintwork is really nice. I strongly agree that this racket looks better physically than in photos.

I got a 3U version as recommended.

I'm quite impressed with the Octablade head design. I must admit this is one of the main reasons I chose the MX60 over a BS.

It's definitely stiffer than the ARC7 and swings a bit head heavier and faster (which I like).

I measured a wet BP of ~287 mm (vs ~295 of the ARC7). Blame it on the 2 layers of overgrip I've put on both rackets.
    There's also an additional lead tape on the 12 o clock position of the ARC7; resulting to a higher BP.

Will try the set-up later. I'm expecting a 2~3 week 'honeymoon' period.

#491 bakulaw, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
  12. BlueTornado

Wow, 223 pounds. Hope your racket doesn't snap in half after just one hit!

13. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

typo; it's strung at 23 lbs.. ;-p

14. Orangie

Orangie Regular Member

Coming from Mx80, the 60 feels slow and light. Will have to spend more time with the mx60. On the positive note, my shoulder is thanking me for using the 60.
    Just for info:
    3U MX80 94g wet
    3U MX60 92g wet

15. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

I agree with u. After using MX80, I also felt MX60 is lighter and easier to use. Not so demanding racket. However to me, it is lacking something. Imagine if u hold a light sword and a heavier sword, the heavier one seems like in store with much power which will enable u to attack & kill off the opponent easier as compared to the light sword.

Since I m using C7 also, which is quite heavy.... I m thinking of giving MX60 some more times to try out if its really suitable for my liking & style of play as I am more towards heavier racket now for more powerful games yet not lacking in speed & control.

If not, I may get back another MX80 even though it is demanding my fitness to use it but I love it overall in every department. No pain no gain..... ;)

16. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    if you like mx80 and dont have any problem with it then why should you try for mx60. mx60 is design for player like mid stiff shaft. pls dont compare mx80 and mx60. compare with apple to apple...;)

17. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

Hi riffsuad,

Sorry if I have caused u to feel offended with my comments. It is just my own personal opinion about my experience with MX60. Different people will feel differently for sure. Not to deny there are many good comments about MX60 in the thread right?

Now MX60 is still my racket to go to, since it is good in speed & control as well. I need more time with it after coming from MX80. Need to see how to unleash more solid power from it as many of u able to do it :)

Cheers!

18. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

After two hours of playing with the MX60, I'm liking this racket a lot!

The 23 lbs VS850 on it feels a tad too loose though. I might change to BG80 @ 24lbs soon.

As stated by many, this racket is quite easy to use. Smashes, drives, backhand clears have extra *oomphs* with less effort (must be the extra weight on the head helping out).

There are a couple of mishits but I expect less after a few more sessions.

O/T: anybody want to buy a used ARC7? hehe

19. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Don't use a hard string on the Meteors! VS850 is fine but 23lbs is a bit loose so just string it tighter (Especially considering in a couple of weeks it will be 21lbs)......Ultimax is my pick, just love this string at the moment......and ZM65/67 if you dont care so much about the extra 5% performance but want tension retention.

20. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    finally i have chance to play yesterday with my mx60 string with bg66u @29lbs. yes indeed, this is the best supercombo string with mx60. i feel the shuttle flying harder compare with my previous ngy98. i feel like i'm play like pro...:D