Victor Meteor X60 ( MX60 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by roycetan, Dec 1, 2011.

1. apatz14

apatz14 New Member

freelance
    thanks maklike :)
    will put bg66 ultimax for this weapon

2. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    I'm a fan of vs850 white colour

3. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Any1 spotted does any koreans using mx60 in India SS now?

4. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Hi maklike, could u kindly explain the difference between bg66 u and vs850 on mx60 a not?

5. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Um....very similar, in a way. I think 66U is just slightly better in every aspect - feel, touch, repulsion - and it holds it's tension just a little bit better. Still a big fan of 850 though.

6. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    they like bs series more.

7. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Surprisingly, most of the top players are using Bravesword rather than Meteor.

As I understand it Victor Europe are considering withdrawing MX70 because it's not selling, which was probably the reason for MX80 demise.

Bottom line here is simple. If Victor Europe cannot sell the racquet then they will not re-order after initial stocks are sold. It's purely a business decision and I can expect the same will be said of MX60 if it doesn't perform.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

8. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    I'd hazard to suggest that the MX80 is the best selling Victor in their history - probably soon to be overshadowed by the LYD - which says to me that Victor Eu wasn't doing any effective marketing themselves and then wondering why something wasn't selling. There's probably some agendas here we're not privvy to, I'd say.

9. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

paul,

I am sure the mx60 will do better since you gave it a 5 star recommendation.

10. Porky

Porky Regular Member

Haha...i so happen to have this 2 racquets in use as well...C7 needs some getting used to....it's too head-heavy in my opinion...but luckily, the shaft isnt as stiff as i've expected, so it somehow makes the head-heaviness more playable....but this is 1 of the few racquets i really need to get use to it as i've mistime/mishit in my first session using it.....i felt it's a totally different racquet which i'm used to....i've played using MX80, 70, 60, BS11, SW37 and this C7 gotta be my most difficult racquet to use....but somehow or rather it kind of train my wrist and after adapting my play, it's still playable for now....though i think i prefer MX60, SW37 kind of shaft flexiness and balance....

11. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    The C7 is a bad companion piece to almost anything except the TSF500 (from experience) and the N50II (as a guess).

It's not a difficult racket to use, but it has that 'Yonex-style' head-heaviness where you feel the weight in the head at 12 o'clock. None of the Victors have the same feeling, so switching from any of them save maybe the SW36/30/310 is gunna feel weird.

And it does feel weird - expect the first game after switching to it to suck bigtime. The head-heaviness makes you mis-time everything initially because the sweetspot feels higher up in the stringbed, plus you have the slight 'lag' of the medium flex and head heaviness.....it gets a bit messy!

12. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

Hi Porky and Maklike,

I agree with both of you. I just got to own the C7 and have played for a 2 hours session. I found that it is not an easy racket to get used to when considering I am coming from the background of owning Victor rackets like MX80, SW37 and BS11 previously.

My first feeling of C7 was that it is a bit heavier compared to my previous Victor rackets. The heaviness is felt from its shaft to the T-joint but for Victor Mateor MX80 which I liked, its weight can be felt slightly at the 12 o'clock, the rest of the body is quite light. So need to take some times to get used to the C7 since it is in different league from the Mateor.

Although the C7 is heavier, it does produce much more power compared to the MX80 and SW37 4U which is the reason why I want to try out the C7. Unfortunately it didn't help me in the department of the accuracy of placing the bird especially in my drop shot. I think it is due to the mistiming of using the same strength that I used to in unleashing the power when using the Mateor and so causing the bird flies high over the net and allowed my opponent to "kill" me off straight away. Hopefully I can improve in this area after some times.

However I like the feel and accurate shot that the MX80 gave me. But due to tiredness after playing with it for an hour session so I have to let it go and now, I am waiting for my MX60 which I think will solve the problem.

My worry is both MX60 and C7 are unlikely that they can work well for me since they are from different league. My intention is to try out different play style and feel when play, like my previous MX80 and SW37 4U which work quite well together and their gap in term of feeling are not so big.

Let see how it goes after I get enough play time for me to judge both MX60 and C7 on the court.... :)

Cheers!

13. ammil89

ammil89 Regular Member

Between Jobs
    had a go with C7, its is indeed a bit alike vt70!

14. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

hi guys,

SO many positive reviews on the MX60!

I currently use an ARC7 and I'm looking for a slightly stiffer/head heavy racket. As a low intermediate player, do you think it will be difficult for me to use the MX60? Should I get the 4U or the 3U?

I'll either get this or the RKEP PRO6000 (as a sub for the discontinued BS09).
    I previously wanted the BS11 but the new flexi version is not too appealing.

any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

15. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

I think the 6000 is indeed about the same as a BS9 or old spec BS11. It's really just up to your preference; some more maneuverability vs some more frame stiffness/stability and power. It shouldn't be difficult to use the MX60. For weighting, it's really up to your preference but I think 3U shouldn't really be significantly harder to use while giving you some more meat in the racket.

16. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    dont go for 4u, u might lose it power. the headheavy feeling is unnoticeable because the racket frame cut the air so fast. the weight of frame located more at side frame make your controlability to place the shuttle with better accuracy. so this racket is good for intermediate player, and it benefitial to proplayer.

#476 riffsuad, May 1, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
  17. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I hope MX60 gets a fair chance to win a lot of friends in UK. When the new Victor website goes live I'm sure we will see a lot more information about the current racquets available and possibly a few reviews too.

MX60 certainly deserves a chance to shine, something the other Meteors have failed to do. I agree Meteor 80 is potentially a good seller but not in Europe and I can't explain why.

LYD Signature has been the first racquet to sell out with the first deliveries already being sold before they reached Europe. This is a definite first for Victor and may wake them up to the fact that successful players endorsing a racquet, marketed the right way increases sales.

It's a shame that none of the big names have chosen MX60. Perhaps there needs to be a few questions asked of the Victor officials as we need to get a few good male players using it to get attention.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

18. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

I had a 2 hours session yesterday shared by both MX60 and C7.

The MX60 was surprisingly light as compared to my previous MX80 and also very light in compared to C7. Its weight is almost the same as the old spec of BS11 which I played quite long ago (if I still remember).

The MX60 is surely giving me good feel, faster and easy to do placing and control. But in the department of power, it is lesser than C7. It makes me keep on going back to C7 for the power that I can unleash from it and it is also getting easier to handle and play with in term of feeling, maneuverability and speed. The power that I can generate is top notch as compared to my other previous racket (esp MX80 and SW37). The bird placing, net shot and drop shot (which I am weak in) are also getting better and more accurate.

I think C7 will be my go-to racket and MX60 will be my second for now ..... :p

19. badmintanfreak

badmintanfreak Regular Member

sales
    i totally agree with aryan it is surprisingly light. in power department i like to go with this one as well because of frequent smashing style of mine. i use vt80 with mx60. but now i wanted to try mx60 with bs10 or bs12. any recomendation.

20. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

How u find the smashing power of MX60 & your VT80?

U may try out Kason C7 or F9 if u are looking for power. They are not lacking in speed also.