Victor Meteor X60 ( MX60 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by roycetan, Dec 1, 2011.

1. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    MX60 is definitely an easy racket to use. I think you should play with it for few session to justify if it is really suitable for your style or not. For me, I also needed about 3 sessions and changing grip and adjusting bp before really get the best result.. hehe...

:crying: Too bad I clashed my beloved MX60 and now got paint chip already... :crying::crying::crying:

2. tranqq

tranqq Regular Member

my mx60 is 93 grams with a bp or 305 and my bs15 is 96 grams with a bp of 305

3. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

Are those dry weights (no strings no extra grips) or wet weights (fully strung n regripped)?

4. tranqq

tranqq Regular Member

wet. i have cheap rkep over grips underneath and 1 wilson overgrip (a little bit ripped off at the end to make it slightly shorter) over top. I have small hands so I like my grips pretty small. I wish i could get a smaller handle size so i could use towel grips. I like the way they feel but they make my grip too big. I usually play around 96-101 wet weight

5. nanocrazy

nanocrazy Regular Member

Got this racket last week... in 86gms G2, BG 66 Ultimax 25 * 23 ... Plays mainly doubles

First look : Much better than seen on pics.... Yellow looks pretty nice...

First swing at home : Not as good as I wanted to be ... Balance/weight is not what I expected (Current rackets : Arc10, VT70.... Used rackets : Most of the YY top end models, Victor BS10, 12, LYD)

First swing in the court : Hmm.. has got decent amount of power, clears are effort less... But still missing something.. Is it the defense ?? Or feel ???

First game : Same as above

Tenth game : The defense / serves is getting better, Smashes started booming .. Very friendly to shoulder/ forearm.. Accuracy looks pretty decent...

Twenty fifth game(latest) : Welcome, my new go to racket. Got my defense / serve returns back. Smashes much more mean and effective with less effort. This one is certainly a keeper. Happy that I planned to ignore the first
    look/swing vibes

6. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

how does the feel/balance/speed compare to the VT70?

7. nanocrazy

nanocrazy Regular Member

Balance felt kind of same. Feel was different, but it was expected as one was BG 66 Ultimax and the other one was BG 80P. VT70 had a slight adv on speed. But I would prefer MX60 as I could generate power when I wanted on MX60, but for some reason it was not consistent on VT70. May be its related to stiffness...

8. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

i would've thought the MX60 should be faster because of the head design.

I agree on you comment on the feel... difficult to compare because of the different string.

9. nanocrazy

nanocrazy Regular Member

Coming to think of it, you may be right. My VT70 is 83 gm and MX60 is 86 gm. Still VT70 fared better only very marginally. If the samples were of equal weights, maybe MX60 would have fared better.

10. moonwalker

moonwalker Regular Member

I have a mx80 and bs10. I am curious about this mx60 as well, how would you compare it to BS10?

I want to find something more forgiven to my arm as bs10 and mx80 is quite stiff sometimes.

Currently decide between mx60 - bs11 and bs12.

Thanks a lot

11. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    mx60 is all rounder toward attacking. bs10 is all rounder. bs12 is for front player.

12. nanocrazy

nanocrazy Regular Member

Believe MX60 and BS11 have very similar specs, with BS11 slightly favouring speed(comp to MX60) and MX60 slightly favouring power. BS12 is different. Its pretty headlight, if you ask me. Very speedy, but I could generate power once a bluemoon when I get the flex, swing and everything right. But none of the rackets which you mentioned above will eat up your shoulder compared to MX80 :)

13. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Geez, if you have an MX80 and a BS10, the last thing you want is a BS12. Sub 290 balance point, its one for the super fast swinging type players because at under 290mm, you're relying purely on speed to generate power.

I personally think the MX60 has the best overall feel of the Meteors, so if you have a BS10 and MX80 already, it's probably worth a look at because it has a really nice combo of feel and relative stiffness. Don't think it's flexy though - it's kinda inbetween the BS10 and 11 in terms of stiffness.

14. moonwalker

thanks guys for replies. Yeah i am thinking about MX60 too. just that the source i get rackets from (VN), Mx60 is the most expensive in Meteor series. which is about $30 more expensive than my MX80, this is kinda put me off, hah.

15. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Just get it from RKEP Eric like everyone else. :)

16. eric0630

eric0630 Regular Member

I have a MX80 and it is great when my energy bar is full. But really bad when I tired.
    Besides, I always have sore arm for a day or two after 2 hour badminton. I think I am just not up to MX80.

I need something just a bit less stiff than MX80 or my arm will break soon, lol

I am currenly decide between MX60, MXJJS, BS11 and BS15

Thanks a lot

17. leo11

leo11 Regular Member

Eric's price + postage cheaper than buy in singapore? :confused:

18. moonwalker

nah, i am buying from VN, Mx80 is about US$130 and MX60 is US$160, Is that right?

19. leo11

leo11 Regular Member

HOw much does it cost in singapore? anybody know?

20. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    $200singapore dollar..