Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Jaya Raya and Djarum are argueably financially stronger than the PBSI itself, so these 2 clubs have options other than keep pushing their players to enter the National Team as soon as possible. The ultimate goal for all INA clubs: to win glory for the nation (via their club's athletes)........ if the National Team keep screwing up the 'normal' route, then other roads must be taken to reach the same goal...

2. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I agree that we have A LOTTT of talent in MD... But not in WS... Cut WS!!

3. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Koh Herry thinks ulin ricky is still better ..During practice this pair is great and beat rendy afiat and rian angga but in the tourney...they somehow perform under expectation...this. Has something to do with Ricky's mentality...they did well in Korea and let's see. In india open

4. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    The sad part is that PBSI has not scored any major sponsorships and at the same time..INA government and others BUMN also have not contributed much to PBSI....the recent donation by PERTAMINA is just a peanut and it just shows that lacks of major companies care about badminton....just look at Soccer...make me puke really!!

5. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    hahaha...
    i join some football forum and i have said a loot about the different fund that the government give to PBSI and PSSI.

the government give sooo much money to soccer which never win something.
    but no money for Badminton which has given 6 gold medals in Olympic.
    now, APBD have veen cut for football club and will be given for the stadium improvement and football development LOL

you know, at least there are 20 regency/city government which can give 5-10 billion for football development and stadium improvement.

omg....
    i just wish that much money will be given to Badminton and Badminton will give more and more olympic golds.... football ?? even, with ten times of that money, we will never reach World Cup... someday, maybe... but medal in world cup or olympic ?? ouch, i do not want to dream right now :p

6. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I could be wrong but I sense that no PBSI officials is aggressive enough to ask the fund from government.....just 10% from PSSI budget, PBSI will be fine..that's crazy!!!!..soccer fans are the worst..don't understand football but love punching.kicking....very low morale fans....sorry to say that...

7. fathonezic

Consultant
    wow, this is great news...
    yes, ullin/ricky played really well in Korea. they get 19 points in game 1 vs Ko/Yoo. i never think they can do this.

How about Agri/Marcus, Koh ?
    What is Ko Herry's comment about this pair ?? They play really well this year much better than Ullin/Ricky overall... Is there any improvement in training ? last time i watch them throiugh video, Agri's power is very weak.

8. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Marcus agri has done better and mentally they are better..Agri has no power yet and Marcus has no game plan when he plays...that's what they say about this pair.including sight pamungkas....but their fighting spirit is great and Marcus just plays like wild cowboy....in Macau...actually they did well against Guo and chai but no power to kill it off..Guo praised Agri as his tricks and wrist are really good...many times Chinese pair found themselves in trouble but agri or Marcus could not kill it and somehow smashed to the net too often....

9. fathonezic

Consultant
    haha :D
    i also really like this pair..
    i think they have a very good chemistry each other..
    i hope Agri can work more at gym and raise up his power. they are still 20/19 yo....
    good foundation, but need a bit improvement. i hope they can enter Top 20 in the next 2 years... :D

10. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Marcus/Agri should follow Tony/Howard strategy. Tony drive the game, while Howard job is only to kill :D. This combination was a WC 2005 :D

11. ullisse

ullisse Regular Member

I think Rijal/Debby results are not so bad! They can still be improved.
    Even though it is not so super results, but INA's team need them as back up. Just like what had happened during preparation of SEA Games last November, when Pia decided to quit pelatnas, at least at that moment there were Rijal/Debby who could fill up the position left by Fran/Pia.
    Recent 'upset by Rijal/Debby' as unseeded:
    * Won against Songphol/Kuchala [7] - Denmark Open 2011 21-14, 21-18
    * Won against Chan Peng Soon/Goh Liu Ying [5] - Macau Open 21-11, 21-14

12. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Plus the media contribution particularly television, they on and on televise LIVE football match and as usual don't care about badminton.

I'm no surprise that London Games next year will be televised by TVRI with limited coverage like 2008 edition and surely it's very different story with EURO 2012 :mad:

EURO 2012 echo is bigger than London Olympic Games in INA, pathetic!

13. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Admit it, football is the most famous sport in Indonesia. No wonder it gets the most coverage in TV. Followed by (in no particular order) badminton, volleyball, basketball, etc...

While Olympics? It's a multi-sport event.
    How many INA viewers interested in watching pole-vaulting?
    How many INA viewers interested in watching baseball?
    How many INA viewers interested in watching fencing?
    How many INA viewers interested in watching water polo?
    And last but not least...
    How many INA viewers interested in watching equestrian? :p

I believe broadcasting fee for Olympics is no joke (especially if they decide to broadcast the entire sport events) .
    And if the rating is not good enough, the broadcaster will go kaput ;)
    It's better to play safe and broadcast popular sports which INA viewers are familiar (and interested) at...
    Football, basketball, volleyball, badminton! :eek:

14. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

No doubt football is the most popular with massive fans in INA but don't forget INA's most successful sport is badminton ;)

There're some interesting sport in OG like swimming, diving, athletics and I think INA sports fans familiar with the name of Michael Phelps, Usain Bolt :D

Yeah, agree those free-air tv stations only play SAFE for business. Fortunately, there's pay TV which still broadcast badminton programme :)

#2434 CLELY, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  15. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

May I jump in and say that the answer to that is $$$. It's all about $$$ and how it provides return to media and advertiser. It's sad but true, the reality that Indonesia cares more about $$$ than Olympic gold medal. As I'm writing now, I'm in Bali (a beautiful island of Indonesia) and so far not a single time I heard anyone mentioned the word badminton/bull tangkis. While at the same time there are shops selling soccer merchandise, bars showing soccer matches, people talked about Lionel Messi, not to mentioned futsal indoor places are opening in many places. But it's not doom and gloom just yet, when I travelled to the mountain area around Mount Agung, I saw twice village boys and girls played badminton in their court yard on the side of the road. I could not help myself other than dreaming that one day one of those kids will be the world champ.So let's keep our dream alive, that one day Indonesia will back again even better and stronger.INDONESIA BISA!!!

16. fathonezic

Consultant
    actually, for me, its not a big problem when the media and advertiser give more money for football. i agree, its all about business. but, the biggest problem is in the government.
    why they give much much much much much moooreee money for football which have big commercial market ???? even, without the help of government, PSSI can still fund themselves well.
    there is around 15 matches for national team at Gelora Bung Karno every year. from that one only, they can get Rp 30 billion (3 million dollar) as PSSi get 200.000 dollar regularly every game.
    they will get more and more from sponsors, board advertiser and tv rights.
    we havent count also from merchandise....

in regency level...
    every year, 1 regency government give 1 million dollars (1 billion rupiahs) for football and i can assure that not more than 20.000 dollars (200 million rupiahs) for badminton.... for bigger and richest regency, they can give up to 2 million dollars every year for football.....

17. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

I surely can't speak on the behalf of APBD makers and local govt. But in my opinion, that may have to do with how the fund will be use, let say for example football has 10 times more players and followers than badminton. So in that sense football deserve 10 times more govt funding. Imagine how soccer fans and players will complaint if badminton got more funding. We at the moment must accept the fact that football is the most popular sport in Indonesia. And its quite normal, just like in most other countries football is the numero uno. What's not normal is perhaps the level of corruption within all level of govt and organization such as PBSI and so on. I strongly suspect that some of the $$$ that went into football will end up in some of those criminals pockets.

18. fathonezic

Consultant
    for PSSI, its not the case....
    how many players they have ??
    they dont have any juniors team. even if they have, the team just gathered 2 months before the competition. The competition for juniors is just for U-23 (for Sea games and Olympic), U-19, U-16, U-14. ok, U-19, should have the team. let assume, 25 players. play just for 1-2 weeks (time for 1 competition) in 1 year ! U16 and U14 ?? nope, PSSI will give the place for the winner of junior competition like danone cup, liga pendidikan etc. so, PSSI will not lose money for this part. U-23 ?? just for sea games every 2 years and for Olympic qualification every 4 years !

National Team ?? If they qualify for 1st round in every qualification and go to group stage qualification like now in WC qualification PSSI will go abroad in around 20 matches every year. Look.. ! with just 25 players, and just around Asia !!

How many players in Pelatnas PBSI ?? I dont know, but sure, more than PSSI have !
    how many tournament ?? so many around the world including European tour twice a year !

Dont forget that PSSI get much money from commercial, ticket etc....
    and dont forget also that PSSI never give any achievement....

omg.....

dont know what to say....

on the part of government, its different from talking about popularity...
    government should give the best for who need most and who give most, not the popular one ! different case if we talk for the part of commercial side. yes, i agree, popularity is the main issue. because, advertiser will find where the market is...

government do not need any advertisement, i think....

haha, finally i can speak up all my opinion about PBSI vs PSSI :D:D:D

#2438 fathonezic, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  19. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Sorry for not making it clearer earlier, I said players and fans, by that I mean the general population of players and fans, and not merely professional players. Rightly so, the govt can give more attention to the most played and enjoyed sports for the people, and that is football. Before badminton becomes the most popular sport in the nation, we can forget about getting the most fund. You can also add the political spectrum in the context, football it's also can add more votes in the election, badminton oTOH has not.

20. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Just when I'm about to write it... :p
    Yea, that's right.
    Football = huge mass of fans
    Politics = need for huge amount of votes
    You do the math.