Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I want to see the following players being selected for the Thomas Cup Finals:
    Singles - Simon Santoso, Taufik Hidayat (like it or not, both highest ranked MS players are still needed for experience), Tommy Sugiarto, and Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka or Alamsyah Yunus (again, they are our next highest-ranked players)

Doubles - Hendra Setiawan, Alvent Yulianto Chandra (both are needed for experience and to spring surprises against teams like Japan and Denmark), Bona Septano (his partnership with Ahsan still needs to gain valuable points for Olympics seeding), Mohd Ahsan, Rian Agung Saputro, and Angga Pratama

2. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Yes.. I have mentioned it earlier as well.. Rian/Angga as 1st MD & Ahsan/Hendra as 2nd MD is quite a must when we face CHN & KOR, since none pair of our Doubles team might be able to beat their 1st MD, therefore we should be able to beat their 2nd pair to gain point, and in my opinion Ahsan/Hendra is the safest bet while Rian/Angga might gain experience facing CY/FHF & LYD/JJS. When facing CHN we will most likely losing 1st MS & 1st MD, in order to beat them we must win the remaining. On the other hand we might be able to gain point on 1st MS while facing KOR, since their 2nd MD is quite strong, stronger than CB/GZD...

Agree... I have overlooked the necessity of Bona to be included in the team to gain point for Olympic seeding. Thanks for the info.

3. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    What happened to Ahsan/ Bona defeated by unseed MAS pairing in the India SS yesterday? Are they too nervous to gain point for Olyimpic? :confused:

4. sen

sen Regular Member

Leave Kidho at home to do quality parenting ?

5. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    That was not a bad idea at all :D

6. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    No. Taufik is not an 'organization' person... He will make an erratic head of PBSI. He is a good critic, but not necessarily a good manager.

Hehehehehe

7. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Agree with the above. If being proposed to lead PBSI, i am quite certain, TH will decline with his soft spoken skill as always :p

8. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Notional point with Ahsan/hendra setiawan can be higher than Angga/Rian....more likely PBSI will field Ahsan/Bona, Hendra S/Kido and Rian Angga....the reason is if they field Alvent, they have the agreement that AG will be included....Kido/Hendra S is still not bad

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

In that case, they should go for Bona/Ahsan, Kido/Hendra, and Angga/Rian.

10. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    *sigh* No one got the sarcasm... :eek:

This idea of letting junior players to play in 2 or more departments sounds fine and dandy.... provided they have enough gas tank for the task. I mean... come on, how often do you see our players able to win three 3-games matches in a row?
    But if our players can endure that spartan, no-nonsense physical training a la Korea, Japan, or China... that's another story. ;)

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

This was the reason given by Rian Agung Saputro for the defeat against Jongjit/Issara:
    "Pasangan Thailand tampil lebih baik, mereka sangat cepat. Selain itu stamina kami juga menurun karena sebelumnya bermain tiga game melawan pasangan China dan Malaysia. Hari ini kami juga tidak pada penampilan terbaik kami dan banyak melakukan kesalahan sendiri."

This is what I would call an acceptable excuse. At least he admitted that they were not playing well and made lots of errors due to the energy-sapping rubber-sets matches they had to play in R16 & QF. The Thai pair was faster and at their top form.

12. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Rian/Angga also made a lot of unforced errors as well during quarter final match against KKK/TBH especially on 2nd set, but somehow at the deciding game they are able to gain back their momentum & win the match. However while facing Thai Duo, they also make a lot of unforced errors, however this time, they can't gain back their momentum & lost the match. They need to improve on their stamina & increase the pace of the game. Nonetheless Issara/Jongjit are in their best form on the India SS 2012, they dominate the front as well as back court & more importantly they made lesser unforced errors.

13. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for the info, Hauge. I do not know about the agreement. I agree that Hendra/Kido are not bad either, just that i feel that we need the element of surprise to beat CHN or KOR doubles, & in my opinion Hendra/Ahsan is the safest option.

14. bal-bal

bal-bal Regular Member

PNS
  15. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Thomas cup ( more likely, not official yet)MS:Simon,Taufik,Hayom and TommyMD: Alvent/Angga,Bona/Ahsanand Kido/Hendra.Swhile Uber cup team:(not official yet)WS : Febe,FirdamLindaweny and ApriliaWD:Suci/Della,Nitya/Feinya,Greysia/Meiliana

16. jks_niceguy

jks_niceguy Regular Member

Wow this is a good moves from PBSI! I am appreciated that PBSI brave enough to field Suci/Della instead of Butet/Shendy and Angga Pratama i/o Hendra A.G.
    Good luck (PBSI) Thomas and Uber Cup Indonesia!

17. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for the info, hauge...
    Alvent/Angga is very fresh, my feeling is that they will be placed as a 1st MD, while 2nd MD goes to none other than Hendra/Ahsan..

18. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I like these lineups. They're our best guys and gals today... ;)

#2638 Krisna, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  19. sen

sen Regular Member

http://olahraga.kompas.com/read/2012/05/04/22072143/Tim.Thomas.dan.Uber.Indonesia.Ditetapkan

Kompas stated that it is Rian, instead of Angga in the team. But kompas often wrong. PBSI website not showing anything yet. So is it Rian or Angga ?

Glad to know that they put young Suci/Della in, at least good for experience. Uber Cup chance is very low anyway. Maybe nobody put any target of reaching semi final for Uber Cup ?

20. okiazr

okiazr Regular Member

merchant
    http://www.pb-pbsi.org/app/information/newsDetail.aspx?/938

i
    ts official from pbsi :

Tim Piala Thomas
    Simon Santoso, Taufik Hidayat, Tommy Sugiarto, Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka, Mohammad Ahsan, Bona Septano, Markis Kido, Hendra Setiawan, Alvent Yulianto Chandra dan Rian Agung Saputro.
    Tim Piala Uber
    Maria Febe Kusumastuti, Adriyanti Firdasari, Linda Wenifanetri, Bellaetrix Manuputty, Greysia Polii, Meiliana Jauhari, Anneke Feinya Agustine, Nitya Krishinda Maheswari, Suci Rizki Andini dan Della Destiara Haris.