Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Granum

Granum Regular Member

Has anyone noticed that LD likes to apologize to his opponents a lot? Even for points which were pretty much his opponents' errors.

2. flite

flite Regular Member

Great mental strength and a player built for the big stage. Good job LD.

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Yes, IMHO, LD is polite to his opponents. :):):)

4. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Congratulation LD for his 4th WC title.............trully a legend !!

5. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    Yeah, congratulation to LD for winning the 4th WBC title...!
    Finally, you could make we (fans of you) still remain like you :)
    Keep it up :)

6. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    And.... maybe he needs to be more humble if celebrating victory plus decrease unnecessary walkover/retired/withdrawn.
    I believe that even they are who not fans of LD still respect to him :)

7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

AWESOME!!! He's the best and COMPLETED player out there. He has it all. He has nerves of steel. The way he handles the pressure in the 3rd set really impresses me.. TRULY a deserving champion.:)

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'm glad my idol won the world championship. Still I can't help feeling that 1) Lin Dan wasn't as sharp or relentless in his attack as a few years ago - witnessed his awesome display of powerful attacking play destroying Lee CW in the 2008 Beijing Olympics; 2) Lee CW wasn't playing his usual fierce dynamic attacking style - he was a bit too passive, perhaps wary of Lin Dan's defensive capabilities.

Otherwise, based on Lee's improved skills and splendid performance these two years coupled with Lin's stagnant skill and lacklustre results owing mainly to his lack of motivation, I don't see how Lin Dan can beat Lee CW again next time round, unless of course the latter's spirit is broken; if that's the case, Lee is mentally defeated every time he meets his nemesis Lin Dan, we shall see.

I'm somewhat concerned that this victory might do more harm than good to Lin Dan, adversely affecting his aim of retaining the Olympic title next year as you would expect him to continue resting on his laurels, playing around without pushing himself when playing against all his opponents unless force out of his shell to suddenly inject pace and attack when under threat of defeat. So far only three players can frighten him enough to make him work harder and take his game more seriously which happens rarely, viz Lee CW without any doubt, Peter Gade and Sho Sasaki. Don't be surprised to see Lin Dan carry on missing certain tournaments and withdrawing matches - an iresponsible attitude unbecoming of a true world champion.

My prognosis is that Lee CW will continue to strive on despite this heartbreaking defeat to Lin Dan, and keep fighting and give his all to win the London Olympics. Let's hope Lin Dan is not carried away and stay on course towards his goal,then from now until the London Olympics, the badminton world will be most fortunate and be treated to a few more magnificent thrilling matches between two of the the greatest players and rivalry of all time.

9. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    After last night win by Lin Dan, I am sure he knows Lcw is getting too close. :D

From now onwards either he put more effort into his preparation for Olympic 12

or he can kiss goodbye to the final. :D

Similarly we can also kiss goodbye to see the same final match we saw yesterday :p

How Lin Dan celebrated after he won in the final tells us everything,

that title still matters so much to him:)

10. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

From what we have seen so far, every single time people starts saying that age is catching up with Lin Dan, his mind is on marriage, he is no longer motivated to win, he is going downhill......

We have seen what will happen.

Just shut up and enjoy the game :mad: Until these two gods of modern badminton retire...

11. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    relax mate, this is just teasing. to ramp up the suspense and getting it more excited and putting in some pressure. probably waking ld up. lcw fans must be cursing. lol.

If everyone shutup. BC would have been boring isn't it?

historically, who is the oldest chinese player holding a wc? probably he need chenlong to grow faster. ;)

12. MilGauss

MilGauss Regular Member

Perhaps not very high on his list but if he can, sure why not? Something he wouldn't lose sleep though imo.

13. MilGauss

MilGauss Regular Member

Haven't seen YY play so don't know about all-time through the eras but he definitely is the GOAT of this era, full stop! LD_rules!

#2453 MilGauss, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  14. MilGauss

MilGauss Regular Member

More like courtesy than being polite. Polite is when he doesn't show some attitude.

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    LD already knows that LCW is on a par with him

LD already knows that LCW is on a par with him. I am sure LD remembers very well how LCW defeated him in another long match (22-20, 16-21, 21-17 in 80 minutes) at last year's (2010) Japan Open.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

In terms of skill, they both know they are now on par with Lin Dan not improving (it's obvious he is not playing like before, esp a few years ago) and Lee C W continuing to improve. So the next time they meet and thereafter, who emerge victorious will depend on who's form is better during the tournament week,who wants it more and who is mentally stronger.

Yes, it's difficult to say who is the greatest because we cannot compare eras but generally speaking, the more so after Lin Dan's win in this world championship, based on results and style of play, Lin Dan is simply The Greatest!

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Another great player, even Morten Frost would agree, is Zhao Jian Hua.

18. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

he would, wouldnt he? him being the established AE winner and be beaten by the 19 yrs Zhao at the AE final.
    Frost himself obviously was one of the best, not sure how many of you know that he suffered from asthma during his playing day. it's particular difficult with his style. I always think that LCW modelled himself with Frost's style, but faster due to his smaller frame.

19. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

didn't Morten Frost coach LCW though ? So he probably will excel in similar areas that Frost did.:)

20. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

i think he talent spotted LCW at 14 or 15 and got him into the national outfit, but never coached him.