CCC Badminton: CCC@MSAC Sun 10:00am-12:00noon

Discussion in 'CCC Badminton Club' started by chris-ccc, Sep 17, 2006.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
  2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

CCC CATS on Sunday 14-Aug-2011: Usual time but change of court

Reminder (repost):

Please be informed that for our CCC CATS on Sunday 14-Aug-2011, we shall be training at our usual time: from 10:00am to 12:00noon, but be located at different court: Court No.14 (in the Table Tennis Hall).

Do always check this info thread regularly. This is because there are so many events happening at MSAC; that we can receive late changes to our CCC CATS Program at the very last moment.

There is a suggestion from helmut telling me that it's best for me to suggest which chapter/topic to teach based on what I find is lacking amongst our trainees.

In our next session, we shall work on 'Dab and Drive'; to teach trainees 'how to excel in these 2 useful strokes/shots when playing Doubles (Level and/or Mixed)'.

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

#1603 chris-ccc, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Sunday CCC CATS at MSAC on 14-Aug-2011 (A Short Report)[/b]

Sunday CCC CATS at MSAC on 14-Aug-2011 (A Short Report)

We welcomed Max-L attending CCC CATS for his first time.

At this CCC CATS, we worked on 'Dab and Drive', to teach trainees 'how to play fast and furious when playing Doubles'.

I think everyone understand that the 'Gap' and the 'Speed' are the essential tactics when playing Doubles.

Some comments;
    * Helmut-H, having done this chapter several times, knows the Dab and Drive well.
    * Shaoqi-C's Drives need to go 360 degrees.
    * KeChong-K, Wendy-L and Timothy-T are learning quite fast.
    * Santoso-L will need to put more power into his shots.
    * We can see that Max-L, on his first session, enjoys playing Singles more than Doubles.

Some reminders;
    * Dabbing is performed when you find the shuttlecock in the Gap Zone. If higher, it should be the Smash.
    * Once you start Dabbing, you should expect a Dab return.
    * Once you start Dabbing, you need to move forward to give your opponent less time for your next Dab.
    * Flat Driving is also performed when you find the shuttlecock in the Gap Zone. If higher, it should be the Smash.
    * Flat Driving should be targeted at the 'Side Window'.
    * Cross-court Driving should be directed higher than the highest height of opponents' rackets and/or the 'Rainbow'.
    *etc, etc, ......

Lunch after our session was held at a Turkish restaurant in Coburg. I cannot remember the restaurant's name. Perhaps KeChong-K and Santoso-L can (and tell us). :):):)

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

CCC CATS on Sunday 21-Aug-2011: Usual time, usual court

Please be informed that for our CCC CATS on Sunday 21-Aug-2011, we shall be training at our usual time: from 10:00am to 12:00noon, and on our usual court: Court No.4 (in the Badminton Hall).

Do always check this info thread regularly. This is because there are so many events happening at MSAC; that we can receive late changes to our CCC CATS Program at the very last moment.

There is a suggestion from helmut telling me that it's best for me to suggest which chapter/topic to teach based on what I find is lacking amongst our trainees.

However, in our next session, new trainee, Max-L, requested to work on 'Backhand Overhead Strokes and Footwork'.

So, let's do it. :):):)

6. randywinery

randywinery Regular Member

student
    hey, anyone will go from the city? i'd like to join. im quite new here, so i dont know where it is and where is the court..thx b4 :)

randy

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Welcoming randywinery to CCC at BadmintonCentral !!!

Hi Randy,

Welcome to CCC at BadmintonCentral !!! :):):)

New to Melbourne? Welcome to Melbourne.

Best way to go to MSAC (Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre) from the city via public transport is by tram. Click on this link below (for more info);

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...tions-(QAFs)?p=1740327&viewfull=1#post1740327

See you there.

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Reminder:

Please be informed that for our CCC CATS on Sunday 21-Aug-2011, we shall be training at our usual time: from 10:00am to 12:00noon, and on our usual court: Court No.4 (in the Badminton Hall).

For this coming session, new trainee, Max-L, requested to work on 'Backhand Overhead Strokes with Footwork'.

So, get ready for a different set of footwork as compared to the 'Footwork for the Forehand Overhead Strokes' We shall have a lot of dancing on the court. :D:D:D

9. helmut

helmut Regular Member

IT Consultant
    Hi everyone -

Unfortunately, I have to skip this Sunday's training due to work-related obligations. Have fun!

Helmut

10. Maruth

Maruth New Member

Dentist
    Joining the training session

Hello,

I am interested in the training as a beginner for badminton at MSAC. Can you give me some details. I would to join this Sunday 21st August session if possible. I live in Melbourne CBD and new to the city.

Thanks.

Max

11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Thanks Helmut for letting us know. See you the following Sunday. :):):)

12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Welcoming Maruth to CCC at BadmintonCentral !!!

Hi Max,

Welcome to CCC at BadmintonCentral !!!:):):)

For the best way to go to MSAC (Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre) from the city via public transport, scroll up to read Post #1607.

For the Time and the Court Number of our session, scroll up to read Post #1608.

If still lost, ring this phone number: 0466-282859.

See you there.

#1612 chris-ccc, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

CCC CATS on Sunday 28-Aug-2011: Usual time but change of court

Please be informed that for our CCC CATS on Sunday 28-Aug-2011, we shall be training at our usual time: from 10:00am to 12:00noon, but be located at different court: Court No.16 and 20 (in the Table Tennis Hall).

In our next session, we shall work on 'Return of Service when playing Doubles (Level and/or Mixed).

14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

CCC CATS on Sunday 28-Aug-2011: Usual time but change of court

Repost:

Please be informed that for our CCC CATS on Sunday 28-Aug-2011, we shall be training at our usual time: from 10:00am to 12:00noon, but be located at different court: Court No.16 and 20 (in the Table Tennis Hall).

In our next session, we shall work on 'Return of Service when playing Doubles (Level and/or Mixed).

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Sunday CCC CATS at MSAC on 28-Aug-2011 (A Short Report)

Sunday CCC CATS at MSAC on 28-Aug-2011 (A Short Report)

At this CCC CATS, we worked on 'Return of Service when playing Doubles (Level and/or Mixed)'.

I think everyone understand that the essential tactics when playing Doubles is to force opponents to Lift.

Some comments;
    * Helmut-H, having done this chapter several times, knows the Players' Positions well.
    * Shaoqi-C's Bounce stroke needs to go horizontal.
    * KeChong-K's point of impact for the Return of Service needs to be higher.
    * Santoso-L and Timothy-T will need to practise more on the 'Spin and Tumble'.

Some reminders;
    * Dabbing is performed when you find the shuttlecock in the Gap Zone. If higher, it should be the Smash.
    * Once you start Dabbing, you should expect a Dab return.
    * Once you start Dabbing, you need to move forward to give your opponent less time for your next Dab.
    * Pushshot should be directed higher than the highest height of opponents' rackets and/or push through the 'Rainbow' when the Server's partner is standing too far back..
    *etc, etc, ......

Lunch after our session was held at Garamerica, an Indonesian restaurant in South Melbourne.

http://www.eatability.com.au/au/melbourne/garamerica/

#1615 chris-ccc, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  16. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

CCC CATS on Sunday 04-Sep-2011: Usual time, usual court

Please be informed that for our CCC CATS on Sunday 04-Sep-2011, we shall be training at our usual time: from 10:00am to 12:00noon, and on our usual court: Court No.4 (in the Badminton Hall).

17. KeChong

KeChong Regular Member

someone was asking me about smashing technique... I recently posted this video to my social badminton group..

Its in mandarin (no subtitles) but you can get the gist of what he is trying to convey just by watching the video...

basically it comes down to timing and technique... His technique is the traditional method whereby the back is arched backwards and he snaps his body forward when he hits it, hitting the shuttle close to the point where he has the most generated power/inertia...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH6qFJoySf8

hope you get something out of it...

18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

CCC CATS on Sunday 04-Sep-2011: A chapter on the KILL

Thanks for the video KeChong. Those strokes are the 'Kills' that we have been talking about.

Perhaps we shall do a chapter of the 'Kill' this coming Sunday (04-Sep-2011). :):):)

19. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

CCC Club Membership (Spring Season) is now due

A reminder for our registered CCC Club members:

Renewal is due from today (Thursday 01-Sep-2011) for our Spring Season (Sep-Nov).

Club Membership fee can be submitted at our next CCC session.

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

CCC CATS on Sunday 04-Sep-2011: Usual time, usual court

Repost:

Please be informed that for our CCC CATS on Sunday 04-Sep-2011, we shall be training at our usual time: from 10:00am to 12:00noon, and on our usual court: Court No.4 (in the Badminton Hall).

In our next session, we shall work on the 'Smash'.