Zulfadli Zulkifli

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Dec 18, 2010.

1. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

last saturday.. as most saturdays.. its my weekly morning badminton at vision badminton centre in pj... but that saturday was different.. KLRC had a final for some internal tournament that they have.. and its between zz and uncle wch...

it was a treat to watch world class badminton right where you need to shift to avoid the sweat from players...
    the game was close, stretching to 3 sets and deuce in rubber set ( i forget the score)... zz had game point on a few occasions.. but wch seems nonchalant and unworried and he won... amazing..

yes .. zz is talented and a good bet for second ms place as he showed great flair and tenacity.. it makes your heart warm with hope.. but the one thing that he lacked and what wch had bucketful of is the confidence that he could win no matter how dire..

it all came to perspective after the game as i overhead the officials discussing the logistics of going for post match lunch.. wch could drive to the venue.. zz had to ask his mum to drive him...he still dont have a driving license

2. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

yes i wish i had brought a camera.. wch was very humble, friendly and approachable...he is very much what many people describe him...

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Perhaps WCH was taking things easy until the crucial finish. :):):)

WCH's confidence comes from his vast experience (from playing many different types of players). Yes, ZZ must have played well; to be able to take WCH to a 3rd game.

I would be interested to know how they played (who was aggressive or defensive?). :):):)

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

IMHO, both WCH and ZZ are quite similar; both are quiet, humble, friendly and approachable. :):):)

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    cant really describe zz as humble
    but doesnt mean he is arrogant
    just a bit extra of confident
    haha

6. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

yup .. typical for kids his age.. in other words.. he seems normal enough.. but he seems upset he lost and wch was trying to cheer him up that time

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Currently, WCH should defeat ZZ by mere experience

Yes, typical for kids at his age. :):):)

He should know/realise how much experience WCH has.

IMHO, currently WCH should defeat ZZ by mere experience. When ZZ has acquired more experience, ZZ should be able to perform better.

8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Haiseh! You didnt ask for uncle WCH's autograph ? He's retiring soon, so....wouldnt be seeing him n action on court, in tournaments that is. I wouldnt be surprised if the German club wants him over there.

9. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

If ZZ truely joining BAM in condition not getting influence by political influence, I guarantee if he play well in any upcoming tournaments, he would representing national team in the next year thomas cup, and then he likely able to qualify for the 2013 world championship and as the team member of Sudirman Cup...

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    guarantee?
    by what?how?

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I watched WCH played Boonsak at the WC on TV last night and was sad to learn that as an "independent player" he had to stay in a budget hotel, perhaps to save on expenses as his participation is probably not funded by BAM.

I just wonder what other "assistance" that he has missed out that are available to those players under BAM who are participating in the same WC in MAS' name.

Like Peter Gade, WCH is 34 years old.

12. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    NCC has to be careful in spending Maybank $$$, therefore cannot pay for WCH who is after all just a player, no big deal...BAM has to take care of Bata James first, he is a Datuk after all and who knows what other non-players are coming to London to take on the show, courtesy of Maybank and MAS tax-payers. MAS Boleh!!

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

If Maybank is to help to promote Badminton in Malaysia......

Hope that Maybank people are reading your post. :):):)

If Maybank is to help to promote Badminton in Malaysia, they should send fund to help ALL MAS players, not just to BAM players. ;););)

14. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Independent players like WCH struggles without much support from Big privateers like KLRC. He have to
    book his own air-ticket, find his own hotel, taking own cab to venue. Basically he does everything himself.

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

BAM get informed by BWF (for each tournament) the players who have qualified to play.

BAM should ask WCH if he needs BAM to book air-ticket and hotel accommodation for him. Then, all MAS players can be together (playing, staying, eating, etc...... together).

Even if BAM do not want to pay for WCH's expenses, BAM can ask WCH to pay back later.

The main thing is all MAS players are together.

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I suppose independent players chose to stay away from BAM in order not to be subjected to their terms and conditions. They "free" themselves and enjoy their independence that are not available to BAM players. For this I suppose independent players have to pay a price.

IPs should therefore make their own arrangements. Afterall, if they perform well in competitions they get a lion's share of the winnings. Maybe badminton-loving clubs like KLRC can help as well as to sponsor their trips.

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

If that is so, then BAM is only interested in BAM players, and we can say that they are an association not for the 'Badminton Interest' of Malaysia. :eek::eek::eek:

If I were BAM, I would be pleased to include WCH in the MAS team's air-ticket and hotel accommodation arrangement, especially when I know that WCH will participate in BAM team events (Thomas/Sudirman Cups) when asked to.

But I shall send him the bills since he is an independent player.

18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I don't think we should take such a negative view.

Afterall, BAM has its hands full and has been under much criticism on the relatively poor performance of the players under its charge. To extend assistance to IPs may not go down too well with BAM players and this may also give a wrong signal to them that they can also go independent and still obtain assistance from BAM.

The WC is very much an individual tournament and that gives a chance for IPs to show their abilities.
    If it were a team event like the Thomas/Uber and Sudirman Cups, and the IPs are selected to represent the country, then I agree that BAM must treat them "pari passu" with BAM players.

As I have said, for individual events when IPs can win prize moneys for themselves, they should seek the sponsorship of badminton-loving fans and clubs, like the KLRC. KLRC may also be able to assist in arranging for flights, food, accommodation, etc since they are equipped with full-time staff who can readily give a helping hand. Then IPs can free themselves of such administrative duties and concentrate on preparing for their tournaments.

19. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Stop bickering and move forward

I am only saying that BAM should stop bickering and move forward.

Click here: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...-was-asked-to-stop-bickering-and-move-forward

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member