APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. albertchiew

albertchiew Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    Hi All,

Just wondering which APACs racquet can be crowned as the stiffest one up-to-date? Care to recommend? Just seeking a APACs to try out.

Did try a NPro9800 and 9900 years ago (was claimed as the stiffest back in those days). However, the 9800 was snapped during a smash on frame, lasting only 15 minutes (Strung to 30 lbs). While 9900 had the same fate as well. This was the warranty replacement for 9800. Since both of the top snapped during smash (no clashes involve) under less than 30 minutes trial out, I decided to move on. As a result....

Till now, heard some praises on Lethal and Tantrum series. Hence wanna give APACs another go to see if they are better since then.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    Albert

2. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    Wow...I think you're gonna love your new Tantrum 200. Have owned one myself and now I'm just wondering which APACS racket is worthy to buy LOL*

3. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

I saw APACS Lethal 85 today ~ ! Now APACS should have a scale of racket segmentation for the customers, otherwise bit confusing.

4. Sangkut Net

Sangkut Net Regular Member

Hotellier
    Somewhere somehow i seems cant handle my Tantrum 200 as good as my V2000....probably my tension is too high at 25

5. chaos47

chaos47 Regular Member

Civil Servant
    does anyone owns a finapi 77 right now? :D

6. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

It took longer time for me to get used to T200 at 25lbs. After that I had new problems of joint pains - I am blaming the T200 because other factors did not change much. In contrast VH1700 at 25lbs ( I guess this is similar to VH2000) is easy to use. I am back with VH1700 again. May be low string tension will help for T200.

7. Roxy88

Roxy88 Regular Member

I just got the Apacs Lethal 11 from Honly (JB) at around RM140 with string and grip. Initially, I thought I got a wrong racket as it is very light, though it's a 4U. However, I beginning to like it as it's produces sharp smashes and fast maneuverable. I tried it for singles and doubles and my take is, this is a good affordable racket for offensive players. I love the whipping sound it produced.
    Im wondering how's the 'Lethal 7 offensive' fared ? That's heavier and a new model.

8. faidz85

faidz85 Regular Member

Scientific Officer
    Agree on the T200 takes longer time getting used to. I am fortunate enough that I never suffered from joint pains. I also had mine strung @ 25lbs which suits me just fine.

Anyways T200 is very solid and its hard to get some other racket at that price with that much solid feeling.

9. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

What do you think is the likely culprit when one start to develop pain at elbow? Too high tension string or too stiff racket?

10. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    I heard this racket cost ~M$350 in JB :eek: very pricey for an Apacs racket

11. lneoas

lneoas Regular Member

IT Consultant
    i had the same problem before... was advise that either the tension too high for me or the racket vibrates alot therefore causing that problem

12. theerac

theerac Regular Member

Marketing manager
    Hi, do you have distributor in Thailand? I interest in EdgeSaberZ

13. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    I just got an info from our Apacs dealer that the VH is actually a range of rackets which absorbs shocks. Prob u shud try that.

14. Sangkut Net

Sangkut Net Regular Member

Hotellier
    Lethal 100 and Slayer 99 is currently APACS most expensive rackets...I manage to hold both rackets at a pros hop in KL...both of them felt almost the same tho' Lethal 100 is more head heavy....both didn't shy away from showing their graphite weaving on the entire racket (i presume to justify the price) and both have the muscle power frame position at 12, 5 and 7....and both very expensive!!! for APACS racket that is RM380 for Lethal 100 and RM345 for Slayer 99

15. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    The lethal100, Slayer99, lurid power 21, 22, 23 just reached my online store today.

Looking forward to try it out.:D

The lurid power bp can be adjusted by its buttcap weight. Very innovative.:D

16. tahawk

tahawk Regular Member

none
    can somebody told me why apacs logo at the bottom of handle have many variation?? got the black background with yellow letter, diamond background, etc..

17. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    different batch maybe?

18. tahawk

tahawk Regular Member

none
    owner sports shop told me another design, another factory made it.. apacs just paid to factory in China to make a racket for them.. not a single factory.. many factories.. main important, different QC from different factory.. that what he told me.. after thinking, its quite true.. i buy power concept 998 2 years ago.. and i buy z-spark last week.. same handle butt.. its a same batch?? i dont think so..

19. theerac

theerac Regular Member

Marketing manager
    Hi, I looked at ebay and found a dealer that is selling combination of 2 apacs racket at the very cheap price, name is "pro_one_sports" They are in KL, does any of you know have ever dealt with them and is it reliable with that very cheap price as I heard there are copies of apacs in the market...
    Thanks for all comment

20. tahawk

tahawk Regular Member

none
    at my place, u can buy 2 apacs racket below rm200.. apacs is malaysia brand btw.. no wonder you can buy that racket so cheap when ur be there..