Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I agree with you.. Based on PBSI current performance & its track record in the past decades or so, Local coach that identify a kid with a great talent in Badminton might face discouragement from child's parents, because parents worrying so much of their child's future, which they have to.

We have also heard many times that a badminton local player who is good enough, unable to enter Pelatnas due to monetary problems, you know what that mean, don't you.

PBSI system must be reformed...

Additionally, many INA current players does not have discipline as their seniors have on those days. They are too fast to be complacent. Look at MK/HS , TH....

INA player's mentality have to be reformed as well.

For a comparison, have a look at LD, no matter how many International Big Titles he has achieved & no matter how much money he has collected from advertisements, he still thirst for more Titles & Glories...He is still discipline & keep on focus on what he wanted to achieve next, although it means another big International Titles which he has achieved one or couple of times.

Finally, Regeneration have to be done really fast, in order for youngsters to have their seniors as sparring partners.

#2481 Licin, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I actually think that the system of rewards and punishment should be meted out to under-performing players like Hayom especially. If he fails to reach the target after 3-4 tourneys, ground him for 2-3 months. If he still fails after being grounded, don't renew his contract. This will create an incentive for players (esp those with lack of fighting spirit) to actually fight to win the match, esp when facing big guns.

Even players like Towi/Butet need this kind of incentive as it means that failing to fulfill their seeding (like in the Korea SSP) will have a huge consequence!

3. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    OMG.. What an excuse is that...They are playing doubles not singles, second, it is rally point not the old systems...

I can't comment much on them, we must send all youngsters to the international circuits more often. Keep the seniors as their sparring partners...Based on the post given by badMania, it seems that those seniors did not know what to do already, if it is the first time they lost like this, We can still hope they do better next...
    If it is the third times or fourth, then .....

Additionally at the other side of the court although your opponents might be the same, they may not be the same inside...

4. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    It is a good suggestion, badMania...
    Rewards & punishment might work in company as well as at court.
    Although it may or may not fix the problem in the short run, it will give some sort of like role model to the youngsters, for sure....

5. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    hahah...
    i agree !!!!!!
    i dont understand why PBSI keep sending Hayom to SS/SSP while we know that he is not good enough for that....

after failing in 2-3 SS/SSP, lost in 1st round, better sending him in 2-3 GP/GPG or maybe just train harder in Cipayung...

if we use this reward and punishment system, they will know that they have to perform if they want to be sent ! just train harder and be focus !

and also, i want to know, is there any psikolog in Cipayung ??
    I think its very important if they get mental coaching regularly...
    I am sure, after losing and losing, they will be very sad, and sometimes can not train focusly....

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Hayom is not even good enough in a competitive GPG tourney like Malaysia, Chinese-Taipei, Macau, or Korea.

Hayom's record in Asian GPG tourneys besides the one that he won in Indonesia.
    Malaysia & Chinese-Taipei - R64
    Korea - R32
    Macau & India - R16

He NEVER progressed beyond R16!

7. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student

So, who do you think a young player is better than Hayom now?
    Looks not only Hayom is problem but also a senior player like Simon still cannot to do much... IMHO

8. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    from some INA Bad league video, i think Vito and Wisnu is good enough to take over him soon.
    better than Hayom ?? dont know yet...
    I am impressed with Wisnu's endurance and hardwork. but lack of power...
    While Vito has a very smooth footwork (can only watch short video).
    Wisnu lost tightly to Simon in INA Bad League, 21-19 and something (forgot the score)

actually, hayom's skill is very good. Even, simon lost to hayom last year in Kejurnas.
    but his mentality is quite weak. when he play very well, we can say easily that Hayom can be a Top 10 player....
    but when he play badly, even, i will not dare enough to say that he deserve to be a top 30 or 40...

9. miksss

miksss Regular Member

read this

Responding to the condition that,Yacob Rusdianto Secretary of PB PBSI did not want too complain about the results.For him,the best Indonesia shuttlers currently is only able to reach that point.

However,he is optimistic,in the Indonesia will shows purs team match .Therefore, mental and spirit of different players.''It's best shuttlers we have.We try to make this.We bring our coaches and inadequate to their needs.Hopefully in the next tournament can be better,''said a man from
    Surabaya.

source :
    http://sport.indopos.co.id/?p=14345

10. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Greysia comment after lost her macth in QF.

“I have to have more to regain my power. My injury has healed, but my power is still at 70 percent. At the match just now, the opponents apparently had learned about my condition, thus strategically kept feeding us lobs,” said Greysia, as quoted by the official website of the Indonesian Badminton Association (PBSI) on Friday.

“Today we’ve lost, but I have enjoyed this process and am determined to continue to rebuild my confidence. I won’t be worrying or regretting too much during this post-injury period.”

source : http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2012/01/07/ri-cleaned-out-quarterfinals.html

11. naistav

naistav Regular Member

All INA player should take Peter Gade as one good example. Peter always analyze his strength 2-3 weeks before tournament, and put long term plan to improve/maintain his fitness, technique, speed, etc. He always target few percents of improvement of all area everytime. Although his age degrade his physical, with good analytic and preparation long term and short term, he always did good. He never say old like Taufik. Even Taufik said that he's already old 5-6 years ago (after his WC 2005). What an excuse of preparation! TH did plan to downgrade I would say. And so did Hendra/Kido. They were INA heroes with their medals and major titles, but they gave poison of losing excuses to the youngsters!
    As for the women, they (like badMania said), FB, BB and tweet too much. They did culinary adventure too much. Relatively to those world class player, of course.
    But maybe this also amplified by there are too many malls in Indonesia :(. And there, with these bad habits, excuses are their escape. ANd simply forgot preparation and plan.

12. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Double post.. deleted :D

13. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Those excuses are relevant only for youngsters.
    As for the third one, CY/FHF are about same age with Alvent/Hendra AG (I guess CY/FHF older 1-2 years combined). But they are still strong physically and maintain at high level. So why did Alvent/Hendra AG considered them physically weaker than JJS/LYD, while CY/FHF are able to match the Koreans without complains? Oh, I get it, they are weaker in winning attitude.
    With these excuses:
    1. When young, lack of experience, lack of tournament, lack of skill, etc
    2. When at golden age, (24-30), various reasons mostly related to stamina, strength, fitness due to many things.
    So, when these excuses will not be used then?
    Maybe too much fireworks during New Year party, eh?

#2493 naistav, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The worst reason was the one given by Bona/Ahsan: "kurang bermain lepas".

What kind of excuse is that? These excuses really made my blood boil.....come on guys...you are professional players and ranked in the top 8 some more!

15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

We just witnessed another yet first class display by the two arguably best MD pairs in the World at the moment and I am just wondering if an INA pair is put in the situation like Fu/Cai in the rubber-set, trailing 4-11, can they come back and win the match?

Talking about mental and fighting spirit, all INA youngsters must really watch these kinda matches and realize that as long as the match is not over, they still have some fighting chance to reclaim the match! The worst thing to do when trailing big time is to give up....which is sadly what our INA players tend to do at this moment.

16. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    It's less than 8 months to London OG. And apparently, pressure has been building up... even to the fans. :p

It's interesting to note that I saw less (if any) doubtful posts like these before Beijing 2008. Most likely because that time we still had Kido/Hendra and Nova/Butet as our spearheads, and they indeed had bright prospect for medal. While now... :eek:

17. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    Seems Olympic not much important anymore but how can succesfully produce generation soon.. Then, with the title itself will come to us.

18. MelvIndonesia

MelvIndonesia Regular Member

Student
    I worry about Indonesian Uber team doesn't qualified to the final round...:(

19. jetan7485

jetan7485 Regular Member

20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Reasons given by Simon for the loss:
    “Saya bermain under-performed sekali hari ini, dan saya tidak tahu kenapa. Ini sering sekali terjadi pada saya dan saya sadar harus segera mencari solusinya. Kadang kalau hal ini muncul, saya merasa serba salah di lapangan, pukulan tidak akurat dan banyak mati sendiri. Mungkin karena pikiran agak lelah, saya merasa kurang fresh karena akhir-akhir ini begitu banyak mengikuti pertandingan” ujar Simon berusaha menjelaskan penyebab kekalahannya atas Tago.

“Pada gim kedua saya mencoba untuk keluar dari tekanan Tago seperti yang sudah diinstruksikan pelatih, namun sulit, dan saya juga kurang sabar” tambah Simon yang merupakan pemain dengan ranking 8 dunia.

Hey...once again the reason: "kurang sabar" - impatient! Good to know that you realise you have UNDERPERFORMED, against a player who's ranked lower than you!

#2500 badMania, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012