I Wan to improve My Stamina And BackHANd!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Rayden92, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Rayden92

Rayden92 Regular Member

Student
    can u all tell me how to improve my stamina and backhand??

2. xt6666

xt6666 Regular Member

Badminton Idol
  3. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

you're only 15 years old or so. go get a coach if you are that desperate.

4. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    jogging is great or cycling, thats how i got fit for badminton and playing lots of games, the more i played the longer i lasted.

Start of a just a couple of miles going at a slow pace, what this does is it works out the heart and lungs and also burns off fat. All i can say thou is to warm up for about 10 mins b4 and after the exercise. Run for atleast 20 mins and build this up prob to about 45 mins or more if you want.

I run for about 1 hr and 40 mins at a slow pace and i come back feeling pretty good, not too tired and no aches and pains so its great. in terms of the backhand, there should be plenty of posts up so do a search. I can do a good backhand myself but to explain it, i wouldn't be sure.
    Hope this helps :D

5. vip_m

vip_m Regular Member

writer/web developer
    Backhand and stamina

Former national coach Butch Oreta explains the backhand (all the grips, the motion, the stance, etc.) as well as the secret stamina secrets of world-class players in our book, "Advanced Badminton Techniques" available at...

http://instructoons.com/book/

You can download a free sampler which shows you what the book is like: filled with pics, all explanations are in easy-to-understand English; step-by-step instructions.

6. Type 100

Type 100 Regular Member

The key to performing a good backhand is remember the term "WHIP." Turn your arm, wrist and racket into a whip as you smack into the bird.

Keeping in mind what a whip is, it's not stiff---therefore your arm and wrist should be kept loose. Don't tense up. The more you tense up, the less powerful your backhand will be.

If you think too much and practice your backhand too much it'll worsen. Don't force it. Remember to stay loose. Practice it a few minutes at most when you're beginning, and it'll improve over time.

7. Carbonex_21

Carbonex_21 Regular Member

engineer
    jogging is the best way to improve your stamina. besides, try a shadow play to simulate a real situation of playing in the court.

to improve your backhand stroke you must have a correct grip, swing technique and arm+wrist strength.

8. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    swimming is a great way, its relaxing, trains stamina, and plenty of girls at the pool (i think).
    Im not so experienced so I can't really tell you how to improve your backhand, but if you already know the shot just practice it and you will improve. If you do not know, ask some guys who are good at it, for me I learned backhand myself, i realised that grip plays a big role.

9. daphantomica

daphantomica Regular Member

Jogging works really well for me as far as building stamina. I did some rowing exercises to train explosive muscles but I think it contributed to some stamina gain as well.

As for backhand, I think that once you get your technique correct followed by tenacious practice, the strokes and muscles will come. You shouldn't need to do much strength training but some wrist curls won't hurt. Tips on techniques from the previous posts are all good. I would add that getting in position to hit a backhand during the game is as important a technique as hitting the shot. Hence, it goes back to stamina and footwork.

10. Type 100

Type 100 Regular Member

+1 on technique.

The strength will come later.

Remember, stay loose, avoid tensing up and get your grip right.

11. Rayden92

Rayden92 Regular Member

Student
    what about go for gym??

12. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Dunno-leh..only one eqiupment in the gym works...the treadmill & its variants...the rest all for anaerobic exercises....quite sian-leh after sometime...only to check out hot chick maybe. :)

but gym time conflicts with badminton time..;)

13. Carbonex_21

Carbonex_21 Regular Member

engineer
    if there is a conflict, then go to the place where chicks is hotter...:D

14. Rayden92

Rayden92 Regular Member

Student
    may i know which muscle power racquet is better??

15. Ang3l

Ang3l Regular Member

Hospital volunteer/badminton coach (mostly kids)/
    How about jump roping, boxers do this to increase stamina, and if you can make the rope revolve around you 2 or 3 times in one jump then you'll gain more explosive movement and it also trains your wrist, sorta. For your backhand, maybe you can jump rope backwards (not sure if jump roping backwards will help, I think it may though, I'll test it out, but jump roping helped me with my forehand wrist strength and stamina, but that's me though).