Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    I am not saying that he will use it! I am saying that he may have consumed meat of animals who have had clenbuterol used over them.

2. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    You know what? Before blasting such news, provide links. I can't find anything over the net over failing the B test.

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

This thread will be the 'hottest' over the next few days or even months!

4. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

It is very hard to tell how one can get clenbuterol in the blood streams. It is often used as a bronchildilator that is for asthma. In fact a lot of people use bronchildilator for coughs. My children are asthmatic and they use bronchildilators.

It is also a steroid and doctors do prescribed steroids for a lot of conditions. Asthma , allergies and even inflammations .

It is also used as a masking agent by athletes.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I can fully understand the immense pressure LCW is undergoing year after year carrying the nation's hopes with all his fans and supporters clamouring for him to deliver that elusive world title or Olympic gold and nothing less.

The buildup is finally getting to him, time is running out, age is catching up, out of desperation , in a moment of folly, he decides to..., ah, let's not speculate , hope for the best and await the official result of sample B.

6. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

but if you look at his body 'developed' for the last few years, remember he was already in his late 20s.
    the writing is on the wall, isn't it?

athletics normally don’t get bigger and faster toward the end of their career, do they?

#10086 AlanY, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  7. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Let's wait a little longer, for the confirmation before jumping the gun.
    Meanwhile, can we move the heat to other threads, like LD's?:D

8. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    In Zhou Mi's case, BWF didn't care what her explanation was. The substance was in her blood and she was guilty. Case closed.

For LCW, let's wait and see. LYD proves that BWF's decision can be appealed. Let's hope for the best for chong wei.

9. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    LCW's news is all over Hong Kong news outlet.

Btw, perhaps moderator can move this to a new thread.

#10089 pcll99, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  10. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    As far as I know, LYD was banned by the Korean authorities, and obviously not for being doped but missing some test dates. That definitely seems to be much less an offence than being actually doped.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It's not funny, don't try to bring in LD's name,he's nothing to do with it. What will be, will be; deflecting attention is of no use at all. Just don't speculate wildly or spread unfounded rumours.

12. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

The first defense of a drug cheat is to claim ignorance.
    Took them by mistakes, get them from coach without knowing it etc etc.

have to admit that I did and still do believe ZM was innocent as hardly any point for her as she was semi retired then.

but for LCW, as in post #10087, the writing's on the wall.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Not being available for drug tests twice, not just once, cast serious doubts and it alone warrant some sort of punishment short of the full ban. In LYD and Kim's case, their appeal was based on KBA's negligence in filing their updated whereabouts on WADA. BWF decided to give the two suspects the benefit of the doubt and cleared them of any wrongdoing.

In LCW's case, it's clear-cut, either positive or negative for sample A and sample B. I'm hoping all's well that ends well.

14. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

3 times if i remember correctly

15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Hold your horses.
    Do not comment before the verdict is out.
    As in post # 10088.

16. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    There is a moral and ethical dilemma here. All I can say is that the area is very contentious. And drugs may be mixed in with food. It's always possible. A few notable examples are chemicals in chinese milk to make the protein content look higher or recycled oil in cooking. That shows how hard it is to control.

Just look at any packet of food and you see additives left right and centre. Who can tell what is what?

Even homeopathic herbal medicine can contain undeclared drugs. A quick search of the internet shows pills can contain undeclared substances.

17. volcom

volcom Regular Member

The only thing beneficial for baddy players is probably like Human Growth Hormone which helps injuries heal faster.

18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    This one I am not so sure. I don't think he is that much bigger but certainly he is leaner and more toned.

But, this was already apparent a number of years ago. Using drugs would be very difficult to hide for that length of time. Not impossible but very difficult.

19. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

i remember recently someone posted a muscle-bound photo of LCW.
    at the time i said to myself i'll be damned if he is not on something.

20. Mr. Epic

Mr. Epic Regular Member

Student
    Khairy mum over identity of athlete

KUALA LUMPUR: Youth and Sports Minister Khairy Jamaluddin is refusing to comment on the identity of the athlete who allegedly tested positive in a doping test.
    Khairy said that it is against the rules of the World Doping Agency to reveal the name of the athlete when the athlete has requested for the B sample to be tested.

"If the B sample turns out to be negative, it would be unfair to the athlete as his name would have been jeopardized," said Khairy to reporters at a Deepavali walkabout in Brickields.

Khairy explained that the athlete had been notified of the failed doping test on October 1, and the athlete had requested for the B sample to be tested 16 days later.

"I have spoken to the person in question and they will be going overseas to observe the testing of the B sample," said Khairy.

The B sample test will be conducted in a laboratory overseas, according to Khairy; and the athlete has the right to see the urine sample be opened and tested.

Khairy added that if the athlete's B sample test turns out to be positive, the athlete will most likely only be stripped of the most recent title that he or she has won, and not past titles.

Source - http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/10/21/Khairy-not-revealing-name-of-athlete/?style=biz