Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Yes, that is why I say the big national associations would be more easily suspected... But some individual players do have money...

2. renbo

renbo Regular Member

But I would be very happy to be wrong. Actually, even if something is found with LCW, it would not diminish my admiration for this player.

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

As nokh mentioned earlier, let's hold our horses before speculating anything.

Anyway, today marks the 32nd birthday of LCW. Happy birthday LCW :)

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Sinar Harian changed the info. Earlier they said Nov 16 know the result of sample B. Now, same link, they say Nov 16 only will test sample, with the player present to observe.

5. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    Do you mean 16th October?

6. eaglehelang

Should be. Just KJ want to protect LCW. LCW was going thru stem cell treatment, if there any drug newly on the list, like what happen in AG, our NSI team need revamp. That's why I said heads will roll from medical team

Wait, TBH also injured before WC right? back injury. For all we know, suddenly turn out it's TBH

#10126 eaglehelang, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  7. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

in theory the athletic is not named officially yet.
    so, they should send the whole team to observe the second testing otherwise will be a big giveaway as who was it, and to keep the suspense on.

8. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    I find it utterly abhorrent to needlessly target countries, that too based on cold war ideologies. Today, there is no "communist" country in the normal sense.
    And, there should be a way to test the drugs. It is authorities who must be responsible for testing everything and being vigilant. We should have faith in them, or else every result in any sport can be questioned if we don't like the outcome. It is the job of the authorities to make sure that doping is taken seriously and detection is fool-proof.
    Also, seeing that you have labelled your position as HK, it was rather amazing that you will deliver slight against your own country.

9. george@chongwei

Wonder if there will be any media present during the procedure.

10. eaglehelang

11. george@chongwei

For TBH its his thigh injury.
    For GVS, its his back injury.

12. eaglehelang

Oops, another one in the list. THe whole men's team also won bronze during AG

13. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

but if they were all treated by the same medical team should they all been tested positive?

14. george@chongwei

15. eaglehelang

Different injury, different severity, different treatment. As far as I know, LCW was the only among them who went for stem cell treatment

TBH & GVS, the usual pysio & massages

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Friend, you spoke my mind. Originally I just wanted to ignore that uncalled-for,insinuating,provocative, politically-charged remark that smacks of cold war mentality (that was historically started by the West first against the former Soviet Union, today revived against Russia). How can there ever be world peace without mutual respect, understanding and peaceful co-existence? Sadly until this day the United Nations is still powerless,toothless to do anything about it when the great powers have their fears, suspicions and hidden agenda.

WADA is the highest body for international sports governing the use and abuse of PED, and I trust they will do their job with utmost fairness, impartiality and objectivity towards any nation without fear or favour.

17. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Position specified does not need to be their true location. They might have specified the location of some place but they could be a fan of some other. It's possible .. No need to tell you I think.. :).

By the by, after hearing the news, I am shocked. Definitely, it should be a case of negligence even if the 'B' sample is +ive. I hope he will get through it. I am a big fan of him. Though I know badminton only in recent years, I watched many recorded videos of Taufik, then this great man's ,if at all I wanna watch videos other than the players of my country whenever I get time .

Media is unnecessarily stirring it. All is well, LCW.

18. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    Online forums should really not be used by some individuals for the purpose of showcasing their own stupidity. Those who complain about 'communist' nations and widespread doping should go and check out West German doping in the 60s and 70s, widespread and almost universal doping by individuals in cycling, and indeed a US laboratory known as BALCO.

Doping has indeed been a widespread issue across many sports, and indeed if many people have a strong desire to win then some of them may, at some point, turn to doping.

It is a small measure of consolation that LCW's positive test is possibly a result of stem cell therapy or the like, though not really for him.

And a late happy birthday to LCW, unfortunate that the news had to break today, of all days.

19. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Lance Armstrong is a communist? :eek:

20. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

this is the second Malaysian tested positive within a month.
    too much of just an 'accident' to me.