APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. kingskawn

kingskawn Regular Member

I played with the Lethal 60 and moved to RKEP and liked them a lot just before everything broke. I wanted to try something new so I bought the Virtuoso PRO and Apacs Z Ziggler but they don't play like the Lethal 60. With the Lethal I can get the feather easily in the back. Not with the Virtuoso nor the Ziggler.
    Can you guys advise on something that feels like the lethal 60???
    Thanks!

2. esa490

esa490 Regular Member

Apacs lethal 70 is similar

3. 1hotdr

1hotdr Regular Member

I believe the facebook "store sports netbiz store" still sells apacs lethal 60. you will have to send him a message on the facebook page to ask.

My doubles partner also prefers the lethal 60 to my virtuoso pro. despite any specifications you may see about the rackets, our experience is they have different stiffness and different balance. However, he has recently tried a Tantrum 500 and likes that even more than the Lethal 60, so it may be worth trying.

4. onemok

onemok Regular Member

I want to trade or sell my lethal 727, strung with ultimax bg 66, grip karakal tribe, string tension 26lbs. Still like new, played less than 5 times, not suitable for my play. Willing to trade with pacs tantrum, lethal 60 or slayer 88. Please whatsapp me at 012-222 five seven two eight.

5. elvisyap

elvisyap Regular Member

Anyone is interested to get urself a 90% new edgesaber10 & z ziggler force II? Planned to sell them off and get either tweet8000 or lethal70, do PM me if interested or whatsapp +60149321261 malaysia. Rm80 for each racket strung with bg66UM

6. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

any apacs racket recommendation based on these 2 info

racket 1 :
    doubles game
    stiff flex
    head light
    control type of play

racket 2 :
    doubles game
    flex-medium shaft
    head light
    control type of play

thanks in advance.

7. alexcte

alexcte Regular Member

Hi everyone,

I have bought an Apacs feather weight 300 not long ago. It was strung at about 24-25.

I had only use it for the third day and it snap during a smashes. ( Not Clash)

It snap at 7'OClock.

What would you do if its you?? I would like to hear your view. Thank You.

8. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

Hi guys,

I'm currently using Apacs Lethal Light Power, it's a very light 6U & balance racket. I always prefer light racket because I've a thinking that with lighter racket you can hit harder and control the shuttle. Well after using the racket for a few times I know i'm wrong :p My rear smash seems slower and i need to swing very hard to send the shuttle to the baseline.

So I was thinking of letting go of my current racket and go for a heavier type, perhaps 3U/4U racket. After a brief research I short listed the 2 famous racket T200 & L60 (Don't have L70 here)

Would want to know from your experience between this 2 racket. I normally play doubles and tends to swing very hard (yeah I hv some problem controling my power :p) does this racket suits me?

Thanks

9. 1hotdr

1hotdr Regular Member

I switched from 7u (Featherweight 200) to 3u rackets and in my opinion that is a very big jump. I wish I had tried a 4u or 5u instead. The Lethal 60 is also head heavy, and stiff which could make the switch more difficult. Did you use 3u rackets before? That may make the switch easier for you than it was for me.

10. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

Thanks 1hotdr, yes I do worry about the big jump but I can't seem to find any good 4U racket. DO you have any suggestion?

11. BBEdrummerAK

BBEdrummerAK Regular Member

Warehouse schlub
    It's not one of their flagship lines, rather it's one of their Yonex clones, but I have enjoyed playing with the Nano 900 Power. The white one specifically, as apparently the weight is different than the red?
    Anyway, it's an 84-86g racket, and though it is described as 'stiff', I would actually call it Medium flex. The balance is more head light, but definitely has the extra power you're looking for, Cloudx.
    The bonus is that it is not a very expensive racket, but it could bridge that weight gap you're looking to cross. :)

12. BBEdrummerAK

BBEdrummerAK Regular Member

Warehouse schlub
    And for reference, my main racket has been an Apacs Nano Fusion Speed 722, which is s 6U racket. I have strong wrists and forearms (I am a drummer!), so generating power with a light racket like that hasn't been an issue. But then again, I primarily play doubles, so I would use a heavier racket for singles play. Which is what I assume you play, Cloudx?

13. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

I play doubles most of the time...so light racket is good for maneuvering but i experienced that the shuttle tends be slow when smash. Well for singles i get tired easily coz i need lots of effort to send the shuttle to baseline.

14. xgumbyx

xgumbyx Regular Member

I have a featherweight 300 and it has a great weight to balance ratio. For me, I'd say it is the most powerful racquet in my bag which includes the following APACS raquests edgesaber slayer, edgesaber 10, virtuoso 30, nano fusion speed 722, virtuoso performance (x2), featherweight 300. I have played for about 2 hours with the virtuoso performance but I think I am just not used to the weight difference yet. If I am looking for power I always go back to the fw300. It does have a wider bodied head on it though so if you do a lot of slice shots and aren't precice with it you may hit the frame a lot.

15. 1hotdr

1hotdr Regular Member

Cloudx, I do not have any experience with any 4U Apacs rackets. I couldn't find one when I was looking. For your reference though, I have played with a Tantrum 500, a Lethal 60, and a Virtuoso Pro. In the specifications, they are all 3u rackets but the Virtuoso "feels" lightest. I did not have a chance to weigh any of them before they had string and grip tape.

Another option would be to stick with light rackets but go more head heavy. The Lethal Light Special has a balance point of 290mm. A Featherweight 200 has a 298 mm balance point and the Featherweight 300 has a 300mm balance point. Or I guess the cheapest option would be to try lowering string tension or getting a more repulsive string. With BG 65 my featherweight was "dead". But with BG 80 or Ashaway 67 it is like a whole new racket.

Xgumbyx, I had a very similar experience as you. For a long time my most powerful racket was the Featherweight 200. Like you I would try the heavier rackets and end up switching back to the Featherweight. It took me about 2 months to adjust to 3u rackets. I really wish they made the Virtuoso Pro in a 4 or 5U model!

16. xeoreg

xeoreg Regular Member

I have the same racket, but to get enough power to clear full court I had to lower my tension as compared to a heavier racket. Maybe your tension is too high?

17. jam73

jam73 Regular Member

Does anyone here use the virtuoso performance??
    Been thinking of trying one!! Any good??

18. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Virtuoso performance are very good rackets, I used three over the summer and only sold them because I marginally preferred my victor BS LHI rackets.
    They are very good value for money, especially second hand.

19. jam73

jam73 Regular Member

Hey dave! :) definately good value! Just wondered how people feel it plays for them? Might look at another apacs as a backup too

20. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

They took a few sessions to get used to for me but once I got the timing right they were very good. Good for smashing and also quick for defence. I would definately consider having some more of those.