APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. clochette

clochette Regular Member

any recommendations for something similar to the yonex armortec 900power?

2. esa490

esa490 Regular Member

Closest thing is apacs lethal 70 and if you want super sledgehammer, apacs lethal 100

3. hazstig

hazstig Regular Member

Student
    Lethal 100??? mmm...I once saw a guy using Lethal 110 if I'm not mistaken...any review on it? or it just kinda 'sledgehammer' like L100?

4. Adam2D

Adam2D Regular Member

Sleep all day
    Hi guys, currently i using Edgesaber 10. Can anyone compare Edgesaber 10 vs Lethal 10? I mean the stiffness, head heavyness, swing speed. Really appreciate it guys, thanks in advance.

5. hazstig

hazstig Regular Member

Student
    Lethal 10...used to own that racket...nice matte colour :p i think it's ok for it's price. it's not stiff, medium flex (compared to T200 in my case ) ... what I like is that L10 frame...I find that L10 is one of the most easiest racket to swing by... but the most easiest will be Slayer 660 :D
    So that's my opinion...correct me if I'm wrong :D

6. kingskawn

kingskawn Regular Member

I currently have the Lethal 60. What can you guys recommend as being almost the same from Apacs because the Lethal 60 is over $100 now.
    Thanks

7. cheesycake7

cheesycake7 New Member

Student
    Hello everyone!

New to the forum here. Just bought an Apacs Virtuoso Pro, will write a review here once I get it! Apacs-badminton is selling it at 97 quid including free apacs strings - which is a very good price if you ask me. Central Sports are selling the same racquet for 109 quid, called them to ask for a price match but rude guy on the phone thinks it's some bogus website.

Cheers

8. kingskawn

kingskawn Regular Member

I have 2 Virtuoso Performance which I am not so excited. I prefer the Lethal series. The frame of the virtuoso is too thick

9. esa490

esa490 Regular Member

Virtuoso Performance frame is thinner than the lethal 70's frame. the shaft is thinner too, do you mean too thin?

10. kingskawn

kingskawn Regular Member

I'll make a picture this evening

11. Adam2D

Adam2D Regular Member

Sleep all day
    Thanks for your review, anyone can give more review please?

12. xgumbyx

xgumbyx Regular Member

Has anyone used the Blend Pro or the Virtuoso Pro? I was looking at getting a Virtuoso Performance but they look to be out of stock at APACS Canada.

13. esa490

esa490 Regular Member

Sports netbiz store restocked on eBay.

14. xgumbyx

xgumbyx Regular Member

Thanks! Ordered!

15. vibgyor1111

vibgyor1111 Regular Member

I've just bought an AVP. What's the story with the shaft breaking around the cone area. I've read great reviews of the the racket, but seen this in a few places.

16. 1hotdr

1hotdr Regular Member

Hi Xgumbyx. What did you get? The Virtuoso Pro or Performance? I know there is a lot of personal preference in rackets but I have to say that the Virtuoso Pro is absolutely the best racket I've ever used. I have a couple Victors, I've tried 3 other Apacs, and I even have a Yonex Z-force II.

All the other rackets definitely have their strengths, but also some weakness I don't want to live with. The Virtuoso Pro just seems to be good at everything (though it is bit stiff, which takes some getting used to... ).

I see you are in Canada. Any chance you are in Edmonton? If you want to meet up to try out the Virtuoso Pro or other Apacs, let me know. If you bought a Virtuoso Performance I wouldn't mind trying out either. I hear it is a lot like the Pro but a little less stiff.

17. Pioee

Pioee Regular Member

[MENTION=116645]1hotdr[/MENTION]: Do you mind writing a review on the Virtuoso Pro? :)

Has anyone else tried the Virtuoso Pro out? I am interested of buying the Virtuoso Pro, but I haven't found a complete review of it yet :/

18. elvisyap

elvisyap Regular Member

hi anyone here interested to buy over my pity nano fusion 722 speed and edgesaber 10? letting it at a cheap price, both of them are less than 2 months old, as i just change to z ziggler. both of them is strung by bg66 at 24lbs, kindly let me know if anyone is interested, it is so waste to just leave them aside.. T.T

19. 1hotdr

1hotdr Regular Member

Hi Pioee. I posted a review in your other thread so it should be easier for people to find with the search function.

20. xgumbyx

xgumbyx Regular Member

I got the Performance. I already have a few APACS racquest ( from favourite to least favourite ) Feather Weight 300, Nano Fusion Speed 722, Virtuoso 30, Edgesaber 10 and Edgesaber Z-Slayer.

I lived in Edmonton for a little bit back in 1998 :) Played a lot of badminton when I was there! I am back in BC now and playing again after a 10 year break. I'm enjoying it but the level is mediocre at best. It is really odd, I lived in vancouver for 10 years and I am sure there is a lot of badminton to be played there but I only played 3 times when I first moved there. I've now moved to a smaller town in British Columbia and I play 3-4 times a week.... go figure! I wish my body was as fast as it was when I was playing back in 1998, I carry around an extra 55lbs now :(