Yonex Sunrise INDIA Open SS 2015 : FINALS (29th March 2015)

Discussion in 'Yonex Sunrise India Open / Maybank Malaysia Open 2' started by CLELY, Mar 28, 2015.

1. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Viktor seemed to lose on purpose towards the end. What a poor sportmanship.

2. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    As I said..
    SN and KS will win it today just like both of them won CHN PSS together..
    Congrats.. KS is working hard to match step to step against more popular and Sr SN.. I am sure he will never let SN stay alone as the tourneys progress
    Congrats
    A great day for IND badminton :)

3. opruh

opruh Regular Member

Student
    I hope Srikanth win will further boost the profile of badminton in India.
    Badminton needs more fans. :)

4. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Now summary of the whole results.

1. China = 2 gold medals, 1 silver medal

2. Denmark = 3 silver medals

3. India = 2 gold medals

4. Japan = 1 gold medal

5, Thailand= 1 silver medal

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yeah, all those fast flat drives just like in MD.

6. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

nowadays BC is getting more Indian posters. Hehe... indeed a good news for India's badminton.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

VA's temperament will be his undoing.

8. gaara

gaara Regular Member

Hooray take that you bit***s. Sorry I couldn't control myself with all the excitement. What a great day for Indian Badminton......!

9. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Wow ! That was great!
    A repeat on China SSP.

If you can win in singles and in CHina and India. That's all that matters.

10. Airos

Airos Regular Member

I loved how Saina said thank you to Ratchanok after the match. It was like an acknowledgement that it was because of you defeating CM that I got the #1.

11. Airos

Airos Regular Member

By the way.
    In 2015- 3 tournaments , 3 finals and 2 titles.
    And those 2 tiltles by beating 2014 and 2013 world champs.
    That's pretty much Jelena Jankovic level I guess.

12. Airos

Airos Regular Member

And Srikanth - he is a true champ material.

13. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    i was there in the badminton complex sitting right in the centre row and i was able to see each and every shuttle played very clearly, there was no error in umpiring as well and the score was fair, GC must have got confused. .its not the first time she has said something like that, and we do have a new technology called challenge review so if a player is so sure that any shuttle landed in or out and it was called against them they will go for the challenge immediately. .if not its their fault.

14. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

Yup, I was in that complex too and I didn't see any umpiring error.
    I also saw Inthanon and Saina chatting something while waiting for the award ceremony. It was a very good atmosphere inside the stadium

15. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Did you film that? I want to figure what they were chatting about.

16. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    so the first match of the day, the womens doubles was not as good a match as i had expected, after getting such a great lead in the opening game the chinese pair blew away the opportunity of closing out the first game, apart from that both the teams were evenly matched, japan was better at the front court area which made the difference and won them the match i would say. .in the second game luo and luo played a little defensively and were giving the initiative to japan right away by lifting everything to the back so that the japanese pair get exhausted by smashing again and again and again but not to be today. .chinese also made silly errors at crucial junctures, that made the difference.

second match of the day was very good match indeed but as i expected the smashing capabilities of liu cheng won the match for china, bao looked a little bit off to me today. .joachim and pedersen started off well but couldn't sustain the pressure of chinese attack, hence lost the match in straight games.

men's doubles, yet again expected china to win and they did it convincingly, there were very good rallies and flat exchanges between the two pairs but honestly, kolding was the weakest of the four players on court today, he made so many errors and china pair kept on pressurising kolding by hitting lot of shuttles in kolding's direction. was a good match to watch all and all. .the better pair won.

womens singles was not of the very highest quality, rats looked a bit tired to me right from the start but there were some good rallies and that deft touch of ratchanok, my gosh. .saina looked supremely fit and moved well on court and played good badminton, would have loved to see a better match though. .had ratchanok not played that long long semifinal yesterday, she would have troubled saina much more than what we saw today. saina winning at last was very pleasing to fans as now she will be number one in the world, her wining the title sort of justified her status of being new number one in the world right now.

and finally the match of the day, the men's singles. .srikanth started very loose at the begining of the first game and victor was playing from the better side which kind of gave more confidence to victor in early stages and he managed to took the first game. srikanth's played a really good game in the second set and victor's errors helped him to win that second game and in the third game the dane got too anxious and started making silly mistakes and srikanth with home support started playing better and better, grew in confidence and took the third game convincingly. all in all it was a good quality match and the best match of the day imo.

17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Nice write up. The stadium looked completely packed. Some people standing and watching in the walkways. Would have been great to have been there.

18. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

sorry, i would have filmed, if i knew it's about to happen. BTW good tournament for India. A first time India won SS titles in India, and that too 2.
    However I am disappointed that some members are now blaming the draw for SN's win today when they cannot find any other excuse. If not this then it would've been absence of good players (read Chinese players). Anything that will keep them from praising Saina.

On a different issue, it was funny that during the award ceremony, Saina Nehwal was announced today as "officially the world no. 1" player by the announcer. I think they should at least wait till April 2, when the ranking list will be updated.

#298 rajat_remar, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  19. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    yeah it was a nice atmosphere, and strangely it was a full house today. .the home crowd was supporting all the teams be it china, japan or denmark in the doubles competition but once saina stepped on the courts the crowd went on crazy mode. .i felt for rats today, the crowd was so loud during womens singles that umpire was not even audible to saina and rats which was funny, rats is such a class player to watch and her deception is extraordinary. .also i saw GC doing what she does best, i missed her commentary though.

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Does it really bother you so much? A win is a win. Saina did the right thing being professional and winning the match not letting the condition of her opponent affect her concentration. The most important thing is that she won fair and square.