Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Haha, touché!

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Denmark's Svend Pri also played in Singapore, but he did not make as big an impact as Erland Kops or Morten Frost. I think he won the AE only once.

As I recall, he was a tool-maker and I read somewhere later that he died a tragic death.

3. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    it's not china that chose to be left out, but the western country that makes Taiwan IN, and china OUT, in almost every international organization, include in badminton (IBF).

it is reported that China agree to joined IBF as long as Taiwan is out, but the proposal was turn down during 1960 - 1970's.

as for information, it was China who is so eager to challenge Indonesia, to prove who is superior.

remember 1974 AG ?
    that is 6 - 7 years before China joined IBF, and China accept the challenge, and finally won the prestigious team event trophy and Men's singles title.

remember the prestigious badminton friendly in Singapore, Feb 1980, contested the "clash of the titans", IBF vs WBF representation, Ina vs China ?

it was winter in China, where the average temperature is below 0[​IMG]C

while in Singapore, its around 25 - 30[​IMG]C.

this is not ideal for China, but it is an advantage for Ina, as the same tropical country with singapore. but the final score is China - Ina 5-4, including two victories by Han Jian over Liem Swie King and Iie Sumirat.

may I know who is that guy ?
    also, where and when the match, and what is the final H2H between this two ?

one thing also, I already wrote in my previous post, that there was only 10-11 events in Rudi's era, but he never won 6 of them, even more than his achievement, besides, it is Rudi who was afraid to Tang and Hou and not the other way round.

#5643 Fortune, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    It certainly wasn't me.:D
    I am not Ng...

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks, Fortune, I was about to say the truth is China was eager to join the badminton world through IBF but was kept out time and again for political reasons.

6. IvanT

IvanT Regular Member

Student
    Photos of Lin Dan's racket... (Malaysia Open 2015)

IMG_6061.jpg IMG_6058.jpg

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    More photos please!

8. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    I some how suspect that it will be either Arcsaber or revived Armortec . with voltric around arcsabers are slowly dying out IMHO. He can revive it as long as LCW gets his name free and continue with Voltric. Nanoray have their own appeal in womens and head light so will not be a LD forte .

9. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Arcsaber are balanced raquets

10. sh_shashi1

Student
    Yes but arcsabers are known to be head heavy with z slash and they can make an exception .

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

That looked like an AT 900 P LCW edition to me..:D

12. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Nope, it's an ArcSaber Z Slash with the head weighted by tape.

13. sh_shashi1

Student
    I also thought that . it somehow had the arcsaber feel to it.So this is the choice of legendary Lin Dan no voltric its old and gold ARC z slash. Or may be he is experimenting??

#5653 sh_shashi1, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  14. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    I also thought it was a Z Slash, but it isn't quite that.

The Yellow color on the ZS goes halfway through the shaft, but on the picture it's only like 1/4 through.

15. opruh

opruh Regular Member

Student
    Yay Lin Dan won, I will be rooting for him to get his first Malaysia Open title tomorrow. :D

16. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

Lin Dan's comeback today was quite phenomenal. Working his magic once again, with steady play, and playing himself into form. This is perhaps one of the best marks of a genuine champion, being able to play under difficult circumstances. But it's still premature to say that he's back on 100% form as I'd say a combination of his patience and Jan's impatience was the deciding factor to his victory today.
    For most of the game he was still sluggish, moving steady but I personally think he was slightly slower than Jan today. If it weren't for the couple of mistakes Jan made when he had the lead, I highly doubt the comeback would have been possible.
    Tomorrow's match will be very interesting to watch. Even though I'm an avid fan of Lin Dan, just purely talking on form, I think Chen Long will be the one who's going to take the win.
    I don't actually recall Lin Dan losing to the same opponent two times in a row ever since his 2008 OG crowning. However, Chen Long's form this week is just through the roof. In fact, Chen Long on his first game in Malaysia against Takuma Ueda was 20-13 down, and then proceeded to shut the Japanese shuttler out with 9 consecutive points, taking the game 22-20 in his favor.

As for his racket, the paint job seems symmetrical, so it doesn't really fit with the current ArcSaber design cue. It has quite a dashing color scheme, with the VT80-E tune being seriously red, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a new addition to the Voltric line up. They also have the VT-90 name unfilled, so I'd guess that's where Lin Dan's racket is going to fit in.
    Yonex also seems overdue on introducing a new line of rackets, perhaps it's a new paint job for a new line of rackets. They're producing new rackets every year, but they've gone full circle with the Voltric line up, rereleasing the VT70 and VT80, even making a second edition of the z-force. So it's about time they refresh their most popular head heavy line up.

17. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Hi Fans : I heard Lin dan lost the first game 21-14, due to biased from referee which was a out and it was say in twice , i wonder how come hawk eye was not used. Any fans here can comment on the first game ?

Thanks

18. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

The umpire has called him a fault when serving three times. That clearly disturbed his rhythm. You can watch the game on youtube, it has been streamed and should be uploaded soon.

19. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Rob3rt, So the fault lies on the Referee ?

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It has to do with the unprecedented three service faults called on Lin Dan by the umpire that riled him, not bad linecalls which Hawk-Eye was available on TV court to challenge where the said match was played. You can read more about it in the tournament thread.