Victor Brave Sword 12 (review)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ucantseeme, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

Guys, I want to check from you all.

I am using BraveSword 12L now. I love the racket, it is fast and very easy to use. However I notice that I kinda hard to adjust my timing due to the fast swing speed the frame is design to do. Anyone face this problem? I tend to messed up my smash a lot due to this, but when i swap back to my old racket with has a normal iso head design i don't have this problem.

2. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Start slow. The great aerodynamics of the Sword frame gives everyone who are unfamiliar to it the same timing problems. Best way it to start slow and work your way up. Don't go for full power or jump smashes off the bat. Just start with half smashes or 80% smashes. Focus on the accuracy and timing portion before heading all out with it.

3. iAsianGuy

iAsianGuy Regular Member

it is a natural problem with anyone changing to a different racket. Of course you're going to be able to hit properly with a racket you have already used before. Yes, the BS12 is fast, its just a matter of adjusting to the speed of the racket. That's all, there's nothing wrong with the racket. It's you yourself the player that need to adjust.

4. super-g

super-g Regular Member

Looks like my initial impression was not correct. I was bit too quick bashing Bravesword 12. Three more hours of playing with higher level opponents and I start to see the benefits more clearly. Defence is clearly better than with Nanoray 900, I would give it 10 out of 10. Also control is not that bad.

I have definitely changed my playing style with this racket. I used to just lift, clear and attack whenever there is a half chance for that. Now I like playing drives and quickly turn defence into attack with drive returns to smashes. If only I could add some power to smashing..

5. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

Yeah, i guess so. Almost all my smash behave like drops & drive. No issues with drive or lob only when smashing.
    Will try to reduce my power on the smashes for the moment. Thanks!

6. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Np. Tbh it's what I do with all new rackets no matter how familiar I may be with the whole series. It's always wise to start slow and then build up to full swing. It saves time and potentially money as well. Better to lose a bunch of games than have to spend money and time restringing.

7. super-g

super-g Regular Member

After seven hours of playing I finally managed to smash properly with this racket. Not sure how I changed my smash but now I can smash harder than with my Nanoray 900. In fact I have lost the ability to smash properly with Nanoray or any other head heavier racket. Must have changed something in my swinging technique. Weird.

After the strings break I'll try higher tension and that should hopefully fix my control and netplay issues. First time ever BG 80 Power has lasted over 10 hours, might be thanks to low tension (21 lb).

8. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    Any reason only 10 and 11 were MIT??

9. kintenka

kintenka Regular Member

professional player
    I am re stringing my BS12 (blue) right now, photos will follow soon.
    I am currently using the BS12 for mixed doubles only because I manage to generate more power with the BS12 than with my TK9000, which i use for mens doubles. I dont play singles btw. I feel that the TK9000 and the BS12 feel almost the same in defence although the BS12 is considerably heavier. But in flat drives I feel like the TK9000 outperformes the BS12 due to its lower weight. In attack however the BS12 can generate more power thatn the TK9000 but after very long games of mixed doubles my arm tends to tire quicker than after mens doubles. I dont know whether it is the racket alone or the fact that I do more smashing or maybe both.

10. Taeivon

Taeivon Regular Member

I just gotten my hands on a brand new BS12 (Blue) 3UG5 with a dry weight of 91.5g and BP or 287mm. I might have gotten an off spec heavier 3U of this racket. I would prefer a BP of 295mm thou. Still not sure if I will string this racket for playing or just keep it as collection.

11. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    Jeez you must be rich for keeping a flagship racket as a collection . For us we buy a flagship racket that too a single piece once in a decades ;)

12. ahcash

ahcash Regular Member

Not sure about TK9000, but I find that the BS12 has more feedback and vibration into my arm, especially when smashing, therefore my arm muscles tend to get tired easily after a few intense games.

13. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

Not sure if this is normal, but the red grommets which leads into the racquet (about a millimetre or extending into the racquet from the head) are chipped. I think at least 2-3 of them are slightly chipped and I have no idea how that may have happened. The racquet have only been strung once. The strings snapped last week. I cut it and proceed to remove the strings from the racquet. It was then that I noticed the chipped grommets. I haven't had time to take the racquet out to get it re-strung, but how will this affect re-stringing in the future? Can the red grommets be replaced?

Also anyone of you guys chipped your racquet from mishitting the birdie? I don't think this have ever happened to me before, but I noticed some paint have come off at the 1 o'clock position. I know it didn't' come from a racquet clash as I haven't been involved in one with the BS12. I can't say I'm very impressed with Victor's paint job if the paint chips away this easily.

14. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I've replaced the shockless grommets with conventional ones all the time when they're turned too many times. No big deal. As for the 12 chipping on a mishit. I have to say I'm not too impressed with your timing compared to the paint quality on the 12s which are superb in comparison to the original first gen brave swords. I've had many 12s and tbh I have never chipped them on framed shots in the 4 years it's been circulating and that applies to all versions I've tried be it the blue or the grey normal and KRP versions.

15. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Second. Can't say anything about these chipping issues. I removed the glossy decals on the side with athletic tape but never noticed any chips during mishits.

16. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

Well, you know, it happens with the mishits. I am not saying this is a consistent problem for me.

Where can I get replacement grommets? Is it easy to install myself?

17. clochette

clochette Regular Member

edited post pls see below

18. clochette

clochette Regular Member

hi all,

can anyone help to check if the racket is legit?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Looks fake. The cone font looks very funny.

20. clochette

clochette Regular Member

my exact sentiments, hence i came here to confirm.. dropped Victor taiwan/global a facebook message, nothing from them yet..

it also seems awfully strange to me that a TW coded racket be sold in RMB, well i mean it could be a parallel import, but the price is ridiculous and i'm not sure if the trade laws in China allow that