TOTAL BWF WORLD Championships 2015-Day 4(13th August 2015)- ROUND of 16

Discussion in 'World Championships 2015' started by Nine Tailed Fox, Aug 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    Well about Taufik.He is the one of few indonesian in the new format in MS to win anything big.. so.. yeah.. That's why he is rated highly by some.

I just realised now that number 1 and 2 seeds in WD is gone.. And tomorrow number 3 and number 5 will meet.. (both chinese...)

2. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

since you are mentioning LD as the 2nd best of all time,who is the all time best Fan123?

3. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    I would be interested in looking at LD or LYB's list....
    If we search for Google's list of top footballers they will probably say Messi or even Tapinaldo...
    If we search for Google's list of top cricketers they will probably say Tendulkar... (whom I worship)
    If we search for Google's list of top tennis players they will probably say Federer and Serena/Steffi....

Not surprising that Google in 2015 will be saying 8times out of 10 that LD is TBE.

4. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Its Oly Qual points time....

5. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Rudy Hartono

6. Nine Tailed Fox

Messi is the best ever according to me

I am a huge Dravidian,so i don't know

Federer is the GOAT,i believe

LD is the GOAT,i know it very well.

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yeah. 2012 OG LCW would have destroyed him in 2 games, just like he did with CL. He had the highest pace since 2008 OG LD, and only LD's innate ability to control the pace and LCW nerves when it got close to the end gave him that tiny edge.
    Taufik won 3 big tournaments. Yeah, he played some of the most attractive badminton, and yeah, he won important titles....but at the same time, he was inconsistent, and for the last 5 years of his career, he didn't even factor into the equasion when looking at potential tournament winners.
    The logic that he had one great match and is thus never to be criticized again is quite faulty. That would be the same as claiming that LD was the best based solely on his 2008 OG title and the way he won that Final. I believe that he is indeed the best MS player of all time, but I believe that because he won numerous big titles (only one to win that 'Super Grand Slam') and because he sustained that level for many years. Also he overcame one other great player in many of those Finals, time and time again.
    As one commentator said in the 2011 WC (I believe it was Morten Frost) - it's really not fair for LCW to have lived in the exact same era as the greatest MS player of all time. He has won so many tournaments, he has done so despite a relatively weak National team, and he has beaten LD several times. Yet when LD really, really wanted it, LCW could only deny him once (2011 AE), and that's why he doesn't have a WC or OG title to his name (yet).

8. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Okay thus far a summary for the round 16 results.

As can be seen lots of upsets have been created. This is the first time we are treated to an exciting WD match. This is because for the first time we will definitely not see an all China WD match in the semi finals onwards.

Next nobody would have predicted that Japanese performance have dropped below par with only 3 players advancing to the QF. And also it is very unlikely that the Japanese MD can win in the QF vs a very good MD player from Indonesia. And then Wei Nan will be all out to create a big upset and deny Kento Momoto the chance to advance to the semi finals. Japanese only hope comes from their WD.

Nobody would also have predicted that Korean performance have also dropped below par with only 4 players advancing to the QF. Looking at the draw of the match, it is predicted that none of the Korean players will pass the QF tomorrow. Korea no longer dominates the MD category as claimed. We will not have a chance to watch a Korean MD vs another Korean MD in the finals anymore.

And also many big upsets have been created in the WD and also MD category. So overall this year WC really has been a world cup full of surprises.

Many countries have stepped up and improved hence top ranked countries such as China, Japan and Korea can no longer dominate the game.

9. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Pele all time.... Even Zizou more skillful in modern era.... As a Barca cule, I watch La Pulga 60 times a year....
    Bradman = 2xany cricketer statistically
    Federer = 1/2 McEnroe

10. Nine Tailed Fox

Taufik's natural talent would have got better of 2012 LCW.

11. Nine Tailed Fox

No one is better than Messi,my friend..The gift that he has got from God won't be seen in any player.I know People will laugh at your face when you say Messi is the GOAT,and it's really cool to say that this one or that one is better than Messi...But,in reality no player ever can be better than messi just only becoz of the gift he has got from god.

12. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    which gift???

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yeah....his natural talent would've carried him faster around the court, allowing him to follow LCW's insane pace....not. I respect Taufik, and I think he was a great player, but in my book LCW is still better overall. Looking at their career achievements, almost anyone would have to agree - while they (ironically) both miss the big titles the other won (LCW got the AE twice, Taufik got the WC and OG), LCW has sustained his level for longer and been way more consistent.
    He also gave us 2 of the best MS matches I've ever seen, pushing the GOAT to his absolute limit (2011 WC and 2012 OG Final).

How is Taufik the best in MD and XD???

For me, personally, the 2012 Final would be LCW's best. He got so close to beating LD, and the way he played in the matches leading to that as well as his impressive recovery from injury elevate it above the 2011 WC Final. It's also got the slightly less depressing end, in the 2011 WC you can really see how he gets nervous and loses control of his game in the last 4-5 rallies, whereas in the 2012 Final he was just not quite able to match LD, but still stayed in control and played good rallies in the last few points.

#773 j4ckie, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  14. Nine Tailed Fox

There are two particular gifts(or you can say ability):

1)There is no effect of opponents on him.No matter what you can/will do,he will do his thing and get past you.

2)His touch on the ball.That must be making GOD proud too.

15. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    When on earth did I ever claim that Taufik was great in any format???? He will be remembered as a unfulfilled talent, who failed even to beat LCW in the later half of his career

16. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    1... Pele and Bican did way better
    2... Zizou made him look like a Padawan Youngling

17. Nine Tailed Fox

Friend J4ckie,I can't judge who is better overall,LCW or TH.You have different ideas and opinions of what will happen when 2005's WC TH would meet 2012's OG LCW than my believe,which is pointless to argue.So,this is just my personal opinion that TH is better than LCW in his prime and You can believe what you want.I will respect that.I can't change your mindset,neither can you change mine.So,let's peace out :)
    ALREADY SUFFERING HEART ACHE you know why.

18. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    agreed.... And none is good enough to lace LD's boots.

19. Nine Tailed Fox

Big Brother,i don't know why you are not accepting the obvious answer(maybe to look cool or maybe you are of different mentality or personality,i prefer the second one.)

I can't argue anymore with you and not in the very least will agree with you.
    Peace.

20. Nine Tailed Fox

No friend,LD's greatness can't take anything from Taufik or LCW.Both are great in their own way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.