Saina Nehwal : साइना नेहवाल

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by scorpion1, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Our own singer USHA UTHUP sung "WHY THIS KOLAVERI DI" song for Saina and Mary Kom during their felicitation function after Olympics. Today when i was going through videos, i just got mesmerized by the way Usha Uthup sung this song. Saina and Mary Kom enjoyed that moment . I just wanted to share that video.

[video=youtube;jPmDF4Ctieo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPmDF4Ctieo&list=PLWMEMb74z-0NMUkZSiv4oqw0ZvElbkbyq[/video]

2. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Few excerpts from HT Magzine i recieved in the morning

"I want to become Shah Rukh Khan of Badminton"

"As a child,Arif sir helped strengthen my endurance levels.When I moved to the international stage,I was lucky that I went to Gopi sir at the right time and now I am fortunate to move to Bangalore and train with Vimal sir who has helped me to become world number one"

"I am at a happier place in my life since I have shifted to Bangalore.When I was in Hyderabad(with Gopichand),there wasn't much improvement after a point.I was little upset with the way I was playing.I was constantly losing to Chinese players Li Xuerui,Wang Yihan,Wang Shixian.I could have either sat there waiting for my time to come or done something to improved my game.Being a player,You need to be selfish at times."(Pointing out her move from Gopi Sir to Vimal Sir).

"I am not a naturally gifted player.I have to work harder on my shots and developing new strokes and using them in the matches"

"Carolina Marin,Li Xuerui and Wang Yihan my toughest opponents"

"Winning medal in Rio is not in my hands.What is in my hands is enjoying sessions and working harder"

"Initially I was a Pure vegetarian(Like me) but I turned into non Vegeterian during a tournament in China since there was no vegeterian food available."(I will never come to China,thanks Saina)

"My biggest stress buster is spending time with my pet pooch called Chopsi.When I enter home after a tournament,Chopsi doesn't allow me to enter till I pet him for few minutes."

No Copy Paste,All Typed
    Hard work Credit:Nine Tailed Fox

#962 Nine Tailed Fox, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  3. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional

no such worries for me. i wont be allowed in. although I m not a vegan. btw [MENTION=122561]Nine Tailed Fox[/MENTION] you don't even have milk??

4. Baddyforall

I am a vegan as well. It will be difficult for vegans to survive in china. But there are so many ways we can do. We prepare multigrain powder @ home which we used to take with us wherever we go. My mom will prepare soup using water and we drink that. That acts as a replica for solid food. Along with that, we eat fruits. It happened to my bro who went to Turkey for his medical conference during his studies. He said that even a vegetarian burger was not good enough to eat. I told him to carry some instant noodle pkts( period before the ban) . That was the only food for him there (+fruit juices).

Good suggestion would be carrying multi grain healthy powder . It will be useful for players to carry.

5. Nine Tailed Fox

Milk,Butter and everything related to milk,I take it all and with utmost pleasure...However,no egg product.

6. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I am surprise about Saina saying it was difficult to be vegan in China. There are a great number of vegan in China, perhaps second only to India. Every restaurant have a special page on their menu for vegan dishes. Since the entry of buddhist in China, vegetarian diet have been common there.

7. Nine Tailed Fox

Maybe it was the strategy of host nations to keep her Starve since at that point of time it was 'Saina vs China'???

8. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    lacto vegetarian and not pure vegetarian, just to be a pedant. :D:p

9. Nine Tailed Fox

To be innocently honest,i didn't read the word 'Pure' before typing 'like me' and therefore i am subjected to
    drink three glass of Milk as a punishment,let's do it....

10. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Bottoms Up brother.

11. Baddyforall

12. Baddyforall

Saina vs mitani today. She need to focus . She is the real bet for india.

13. Baddyforall

Saina is in pain but will have to keep playing: Coach Vimal Kumar

“She has her eyes set on the 2016 Rio Olympics. This is the main reason why she is playing every tournament and fighting hard to maintain her ranking,” Nehwal’s coach Vimal Kumar told thestatesman.com on the sidelines of Indian Badminton League (IBL) launch event.

“She is pushing herself hard because she doesn't want to drop further (in rankings). If she maintains a higher rank, her initial matches at the Olympics would be against lower ranked players which would be a favourable beginning,” explained Kumar.

“Once she comes on to the court, she pushes hard despite being in a lot of pain. It is my area of concern and we are addressing it,” he said.

“Just before Japan, the doctors said her groin injury could even lead to hernia, because the inflammation was there. But now, she is better and under the constant monitoring of a lady doctor,” the coach said.

“She has a tight schedule but when you are playing at your peak, you can’t stop even if you have to play with some pain. Being a coach, I have to ask her to be careful,” he said.

Speaking on Nehwal’s competitors, especially Spanish badminton star Carolina Marin, who beat the Indian badminton star in the World Champions in August, Kumar said,

“She (Carolina) has taken her fitness to another level. She is good with her movements, she also had fitness issues, but she addressed it really well.”

“Carolina also plays at a faster pace than many of the other girls. Earlier she used to make mistakes, now she has improved and become more consistent.”
    -----------

I think with this injury issues, i don't think she will be able to defend the china open title. She has the chance of losing starting from the Round 1 in the China open 2015.

14. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    I don't care about COSSP, what's important is that she reaches Rio fit and in top form

15. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    yeah. .i have my doubts about her recent form, and she looked very unlike the fit saina who keep pushing despite being down but that was not the case to be recently. .i just hope she recovers in time, and she should skip the IBL as well if she is in pain, there's no point of playing in the event.

16. Airos

Airos Regular Member

I watched the FOSS quarter finals against Ratchanok and my reactions were :
    Ratchanok is playing briilliantly, but this is the worst I have seen Saina play in 2015.
    (I missed those string of matches she lost against Mitani, so can't comment about that)

In fact I began to suspect that perhaps she was in pain and this article confirms it.

Unfortunately the article doesn't say how long it will take her to recover and get back to 100%.

#976 Airos, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Can't help but admire this girl. She by far is the most consistent Indian player on the circuit.

18. Vishnu

Vishnu Regular Member

Auditor
    Come on Saina.. All the best for your todays finals against Li Xurei (LX) With your current form & fitness you can easily win against LX. Hope you retain your Chinese Open title.SN is by far the consistent Indian Player and also in the International Women category. Hats off to you SN... You made us proud by reaching the China Open Finals twice in a row... Five finals in the year 2015 is by far a very great achievement not many top ranked players can boast off.. Come On SN the whole nation is behind you...

19. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    Watched her match against LXR last night. Wondering if anybody else thinks SN needs to work on her weight and fitness to bring her game to the next level? The WS circuit is kinda unpredictable. It seems anyone can win.

20. Vishnu

Vishnu Regular Member

Auditor
    Her weight is not an issue but fitness yes. She is at a very good form right now and may be the mental block of playing against LX has taken a toll on SN. PV Sindhu (PVS) had beaten LX in the past quite comfortably and may be SN needs to take a lesson or two from PVS on how to beat LX. Right now some of the players to watch out is CM, LX and RI. Rest all are not in the peak form or fitness.