Player's play style and performance

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by minions, Oct 30, 2018.

1. minions

minions Regular Member

I have been a member for almost a month. From what I saw, looks like there are some peoples who don't like certain player's play style because it is boring. I don't have any proof on this. But, it seems like the members here don't like over stretched rallies (e.g. playing lob after lob).

Players certainly don't need to play beautifully. After all, players play to win. But, I wonder if more beautiful play style can actually increase player's performance or not. What if the player who has "boring" play style dominate the badminton world? Does it mean the quality has gone down?

A lot of members here don't like Greysia's play style because her play style is deemed as "boring". Heck, even some peoples said that she should let other pairs to win or she should just retired. To me, it is as if she doesn't deserve to be on court. I just want to hear about your opinion's about "boring" play style.

2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Hmm to be blunt and honest and no offence intended, I don't think Greysia's play style would be much of a bore if she had the look of Miss Universe :D:D:D:oops::oops:

Cheung likes this.
  3. badminton fancier

badminton fancier Regular Member

Thanks for opening this topics Mr minions. It's right I am not a fan of "boring" or lighter expression can be "long-rallies" badminton. I would love to see a nice and exciting rally and even those players would lose their games, they are still somewhere in my minds, for example SEO/CHAE recently. I am not sure I made a comment in this forum or somewhere else but I once wrote that even Fuku/Hiro is WD world number 1 but I rarely enjoy watching their games. In their match with Fruergaard/Thygesen (Den) in Denmark Open, they did win by playing the long rally style, very good tactics but I mean I will not watch that game a second time. I totally understand that for them to reach their current ranking, it is their hard work paid off. But sorry, I love beautiful badminton. I laugh when reading Yuquall's earlier comment about Greysia but I think it's true. Fukushima does gain a lot of fans for her very good looking appearance, even Hirota for me is a bit better one in the double, she doesn't get much attention. If you are Fuku's fan, dont get upset with my comment because of that's my personal opinion and I respect your opinions too. :p:p:p

4. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

I like to watch fast and furious gameplay .. you've got adrenaline pump by watching this kind of game.

and also player who play with art..

5. minions

minions Regular Member

Lmao, if that is true, the opponent will lose focus. Well, only if she plays XD. Other girls won't get affected by it.

6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I am only saying this from a spectator's point of view:)