2023 Yonex-Sunrise India Open

Discussion in '2023 Tournaments' started by BadSmashPdx, Jan 15, 2023.

1. Mr Wong

Mr Wong Regular Member

To be honest. I am on a winning streak. But then i dun place huge bets after losing my previous ones. If you think Alfian are fav to win by a huge margin, then you obviously did not pay attention to how Germans nearly beat them last week and actually comprehensively beat the danish pair this week.

At least I consistently win generally. If you watch badminton or any sports for that matter without putting your money in why are you even wasting your time.

But what do you understand anyway with your "m*******" issues?

2. Mr Wong

Mr Wong Regular Member

Really he is a liability right now. Just smash at him. He will not be able to return

I dunno why ppl in this forum still think he is going to be good if he change partners.

3. cococo

cococo Regular Member

What about Seo/Kang? They were playing quite well

Sent from my SM-A136B using Tapatalk

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Two Indonesia hotshots secure semis spot after passed grueling match, the close-contested Christie-Chou TC encounter who get regular face off lately was the most interesing MS duel in last eight round that contains dramatic turnaround effect, it's anyone game as both players have equal chance and capability to earn victory. 2018 Asian Games gold medalist saved two match points valiantly to dispose Taiwanese veteran, the crucial point that scored by marathon and tiring rally had triggered Chou to produce elementary mistake and became uncontrollable to unleash wild shot while Christie stay composed at this stage. Earlier on TV court, Ginting outlasts the well improved Li SF, only the Indonesian quality shot, subtle net shot or tricky dropshot can destruct the tall Chinese rhythm.
    Loh KY is running out of idea, hasn't found the formula yet to crack Vitidsarn barrier, more disastrous fashion this time to falter bluntly. The Thai youngster practically playing basic game that requires high level perseverance to win the rally. Axelsen only spent 17 mins of play due to unfortunate circumtances that happened to Gemke, landing badly that causing injury and wheeled out of court.

- The injury was initially feared to be an Achilles rupture, but Denmark head coach Kenneth Jonassen said initial checks hinted at the likelihood of something less serious. ~ BWF News

Glad to see Marin back into full gear and looks ideal to compete with current best players, Yamaguchi was too solid and comprehensive that propped up by superb stamina, tough job for three-time World Champion to unravel the Japanese star game plan, back and forth to serve rally that eroded patience and did uncharacteristic errors in deciding game, Marin speed waned where the top-seed immaculate accuracy stayed intact. He BJ made bad start before crawled gradually from 4-10 down to overcome deficit against one of her most challenging rivals, Zhang BW who shaking the fluctuating Chinese sustainably in second game as traded point detected. Chen YF gives walkover due to unwell reason, suspected her physical condition isn't in prime condition recently. The steady An SY cruising smoothly into last four and will take on China #2 whom she never beaten in all four previous meetings.

upload_2023-1-21_9-35-32.png

5. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Many (China badminton fans) say they're Cai/Fu in the making...

#39 in Forbes INA richest people list, he has very lucky fate.

6. Mr Wong

Mr Wong Regular Member

Funny how ppl still underestimate them after they actually did well against fajan and even leading at the first set and even trashed not just beat. Liu/ou.

But ppl still think the Indian pair were so good after a fluke win. If indian pair were able to beat the Chinese pair the way SEO Kang did. I salute. Not that fluke victory last week. But then those 2 kids show what caliber they really are in real life

7. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Seo is prototype brilliant - great offense great defense but this many tournaments playing double duty, .. lets put it, if he doesnt play XD. His chances of winning MO and IO will be much higher..

Shouldnt be playing XD with his level of talent.

cococo likes this.
  8. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Well the way i see Wang play, he has the looks and movement of Cai, very fast

but i dont think Liang is Fu. First because he is not a left hander. Its basically tougher deception for people with left hander to be read and the way he handle racket it looks awkward - honestly it looks a bit like the way Rian holding racket but even more bcoz his arm is bigger. i think Gideon is like this too. My call is Seo looks the nicest.

WangChang & SSJ will have been deadly.

9. Mr Wong

Mr Wong Regular Member

I agree. He is just carrying his partner in XD to be honest. XD has evolved whereby even the female plays larger part.

10. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

Although there's a slim chance,...I doubt it if any Malaysians will get past today judging from the current form of the men's and women's doubles.
    There you go...bet on that

11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

AaronSoh @4 to win against Fajri. Its basically WR1 vs WR2. Interesting to note that if aaaron can perform close to 100% the odds shouldnt be this far.

12. Habisin-Habisin

Habisin-Habisin Regular Member

Yeah, TBH as Indonesian fans, Seo/Kang along with Ou/Liu and Wang/Liang are the MDs I'm most worried about as tackles for Indonesian MDs to win the titles in every tournament.

13. om patel

om patel Regular Member

Kevin marcus interview aferwards

Marcus/Kevin said the declining stamina was a factor in their defeat in the Indian Open quarterfinals in New Delhi on Friday.

"The opponent is looking good. His defense was solid and unbreakable My energy is out too. Just now (the ball) was lifted all the time. "If the match is up to rubber game, I think I will be very tired," said Marcus through the official statement of PP PBSI in Jakarta, Saturday.

Marcus admitted that the power factor was a stumbling block to the performance in the quarter-finals of the BWF Super 750 category tournament. Moreover the age and power factor of Liang / Wang so contrasted with the Indonesian duo pooped the Minions.

Moreover the ability of Liang / Wang is said to be mature. Repeated Kevin/Marcus strikes cannot penetrate the opponent's defense, but Liang/Wang makes it easy to recover points thanks to aggressive play.

In addition to losing stamina, obstacles also come from within. Marcus said he hasn't really recovered from the tight last half.

"Our recovery doesn't seem to have recovered properly after yesterday's tight games and rubber games." My legs are still sore," she added.

Not only that, Kevin evaluated his performance as not maximum because he could not focus on his own game. Especially in critical situation, he can't force his game to get out of the opponent's pressure.

"They did play really well, not easily killed. Defense is strong but offense is good. "I can't focus on my own game either," Kevin revealed.

Source : PBSI, CNN Indonesia

Khamenman likes this.
  14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Good attendance for the first match of today.

Has anyone noticed jeong’s preparation on her overhead? Although she hasn’t been at the back court much, it looks like when she is choosing a dropshot, her left arm will drop downwards to the ground first. And then if she chooses a smash, the left arm doesn’t drop. Need to see some more of her rear court to make a conclusion.

15. Mr Wong

Mr Wong Regular Member

Kim/Jeong should just focus on mixed doubles. They have more chances of winning.
    Kidding but then it is true as well.
    They are just behind Zhang/Huang, Watanabe, Thai pair, and maybe equal with Huang/Wang, and their Korean counterparts.

Jeong Na Eun must be the Korean Watanabe.

#295 Mr Wong, Jan 20, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
  16. felipe

felipe Regular Member

finance
    K
    Kim/Jeong is a very good pair. They beat Wang/Huang and Dechapol/Sapsiree but both of these pairs are in declining form due to aging.

17. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Weekend so, many parents with kids must have come to the arena. Tomorrow, I think it’ll be full house.

18. Mr Wong

Mr Wong Regular Member

I knew they were really good at the previous tournament when they upset Wang/Huang.

Actually I have "discovered" them a few tournament ago. They were already producing results.

They are actually good in their pairing with their usual partners.

And I do not even think mixed doubles is really their main discipline. Can you imagine how good they will be if they actually focus on mixed doubles?

For me, they were better then Huang/Wang today. But then it's hard to maintain focus if this is not your main discipline. Jeong still has another game today. This would be her main focus.

Actually I said that Jeong is like Watanabe because she has 2 really strong partners.

#298 Mr Wong, Jan 21, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
  19. ChildrenOfBadminton

ChildrenOfBadminton Regular Member

chill boi i was just making a joke

20. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

What injury did Gemke get? Hope it is not that bad