Macau Open 2007- final-07 October 2007

Discussion in 'India Open / Japan Open / Chinese Taipei Open / Ma' started by george@chongwei, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. well-son

well-son Regular Member

I think the costs for importing umpires/service judges from other countries could be well handled by BWF as it is a world organization... All costs for this case must be organized (counted) very well... and not be a big deal for them...

One question, Hau-Ge, why did BWF allow all chinese umpires (and serivice judges) in CO? As you said, it is against the rule, and it should not be... But why BWF allow this happen? BWF does not belong to CHN, doesn't it? :confused: So why...

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I just about to write email about coming one to remind them whose umpires will be there...I know some federations has complaint to BWF especially about service faults, etc( it does not mean that non chinese will win but they want fair practice)...I just do not know in what forms...as I say...CHN has a lot influence in BWF...they can pull put many players if they want and also for market size, it attracts sponsor...

BWF has not answered me...I do not know why..I will keep pushing that issue

3. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Obviously our point here is clean & fair games.. As simple as that , in which some people couldn't elaborate it..
    We are not talking of CHN dominance is sickening or wanna try to kick CHN out of world badminton. Again i wanna insist here, if INA or MAS is the one who dominates today with some dirty tactics, i am sure many will cried foul too...
    I am not sure whether any of BWF committee members will read this forums, but I do really hopes they can apply more non local umpire/service judge in the future tournaments, regardless it was a GP / SS ...

4. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    In our country, yes ... The cops have every rights to do this if you are accused of any guilty.. But then again, the decision will be make by chief of the Cops.. And don't tell me they will simple listen & trust any accused by the mouth of mad guys (physcho)
    If the cops do nothing for the claims, they will have no respect from the citizens, & people will start doing all the crimes because they know they won't be caught anyway...

5. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

You are like "either 0 or 1, nothing in between". If someone make many biased story about me, and if I am important enough, any reasonable cops would try to investigate indirectly first. Say checking some of my financial records, collecting rumors about me, etc.. As this investigation goes on, the credibility of the original "stories" may increase or decrease. After a while, if the credibility drops under certain threshold, the cops will forget it; But if the credibility increases to a certain level, the cops would ask for permit to search my house, freeze my account, etc. Any thing wrong with that?

Do you really visit Chinese forums? There are many negative stories about Team China floating around in these forums. I would say a lot more than appeared here.

6. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Cooler likes to write fiction... :rolleyes::rolleyes: Let him be, hau-ge... ;):D Anyway, let's not respond to his very off-topic posts...;) Capek percuma...

7. gidong

gidong Regular Member

Calm DOwn pipol .... just calm down :p

8. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
  9. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    If there is a public outcry (which it is in this case) for the arresting of XX individual because he is accused of doing something, and there are sufficient evidence and sufficient (same country umpires, linesmen, walkovers etc), the police WILL arrest them. it will lead to an investigation....

10. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    i believe there is sufficient evidence: you are telling me all the suspicious chinese behaviour dosen't warrant for an investigation?

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    ur a hypocrite. When TH lost, TH fans screams bloody cheating on china side. When TH win, no accusation except cheering that TH is the sweetest smelling thing ever.

First u claim china is a cheater, then u say we need china and BWF is a suck up. Are u too afraid to say BWF is guilty too by association with china's cheating? Be a man, take a position.

First u said had CJ cheated by tampering the shuttles. Later u backtracked and said you were just quoting 'what u over heard' from foreign coaches and what u had read from vhing's blog, and cries 'don't accuse me cooler' LOL
    Look at u now, endless followup postings on the same cheating allegation on china. What a hypocrite...

Bottom line is, if u can't convince me and some others here that china is cheating, what is the point of asking or writing (by vching) to BWF requesting an investigation into chinese's cheating practice? You're a joke here, and BWF see u and vching the same and will feed the request letter to the shredder. Don't u dare to make BC/BF look bad in the international scene as majority of us here don't belong to your joker camp.

#931 cooler, Oct 9, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  12. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Whiners Galore

There he goes again... :eek:
    Since vching is repeating himself, I'm gonna repeat some myself:
    What exactly is this 'suspicious Chinese behaviour'?

Do you mean 'winning' is 'suspicious behaviour'?
    Do you mean a 'tactical approach' is 'suspicious behaviour'?
    Do you mean 'psychological strategy' is 'suspicious behaviour'?

Mate, I'd hate for you to be a football or cricket fan.
    If you were, then every team would be on your 'extreme suspicion' list.
    Competition is not just about skills and fitness...
    ...it's also about strategy and tactics, including the psychological variety.

If I were Lin Dan playing Taufik... and if I knew that staring at Taufik makes him angry, I'd do it often enough to make him lose his cool (and thereby make errors).

In cricket and rugby, the Australians are well-known (notorious, in fact) for their sledging tactics on the field.
    Almost every baseball catcher and cricket wicketkeeper resorts to taunting the opponent.
    John McEnroe's tantrums were designed more to upset his opponent's rhythm rather than earn some ruling in his favour.
    There was an incident (in the 1980s) when chess champion Anatoly Karpov had his personal pyschologist sit behind him and stare unblinkingly at the Russian defector Viktor Korchnoi.

If the China team boss thinks his country would earn an advantage if one of his players were to lose to another, then that's his call. That shouldn't arouse suspicion... it should be reason for admiration. (I remember seeing Rubens Barrichello giving way to Ferrari team-mate Michael Schumacher very near the finish-line at the 2002 Austrian Grand Prix ... this resulted from a 'team order'.)

If Chen Jin wipes his sweat on the shuttlecock, there are umpteen things his opponent can do. Whining (later) is not the best reply.

It'd be useful and laudable to stop whining whenever China wins.
    The losers could do better by planning how to pay back in the same coin.

#932 Oldhand, Oct 9, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  13. dannyang

dannyang Regular Member

restricting the number of players representing the same country is unfair to CHINA at the first place.

indonesian players also cheat on serve. I think IBF should investigate this too.

well-son likes this.
  14. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    i cannot rebut or verify your claims that Indo players cheat because i have never heard of such allegations... but from what i see, they serve properly.

restricting the number of players from a country is not cheating. Its to promote the sport. If China has 13/16 of the playeers in the Olympics, other countries would start to lose interest.

15. dannyang

dannyang Regular Member

I initially find your blog interesting.
    but now, after your comment on "chn team cheating", i prefer to sleep on bed rather than waste of my time to read your blog.

16. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Re-Christening

hey cooler, how about a name change to hotter? :D

17. dannyang

dannyang Regular Member

that's the difference between chinese players and other players. after chinese players lose, they go back and train harder instead of complaining,however, other players find a large amount of excuses for their losses.

18. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    if i am repeating myself, it is because I am not getting my message across.

winning is not a suspicious behaviour
    tactical approaches and phsycological strategies are not suspicious behaviours. I love them.

I have no problem with psycological battles on court (like when you mentioned Lin Dan staring at Taufik), I think it is a good part of the game.
    Taunting is OK.
    And I am a big Australian cricket fan, and I see no foul play. I think they are very honest. Gilchrist walks dosen't he?

If Chen Jin wipes his sweat on the shuttlecock, and the umpire dosen't allow it to be change, THAT is suspicious behaviour.

I have no problem with China winning. what I have a problem with, is China's WIN AT ALL COST attitude. Maybe you think that walking over is OK, it may not be against the rules, but I dislike it, but then again, that wasn't my main point.

My main point was the influencing of the linesmen and the umpires. China vs Malaysia MD CM, TBS/OSH, China vs Malaysia MS CM, LD vs LCW etc etc. How come China cannot place a official from a neutral country? Can they not afford it? When everyone else can, why can't they?

19. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

More The Merrier

Ahhhh, here's another... :rolleyes:

20. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    if you cannot accept open discussions and cannot read my blog and comment as it stands, I don't want you as a blog reader. I didn't say China cheated. I said it was suspicious. So much for open mindness huh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.