Denmark Super Series 2007: Day 3, Round 2

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2007' started by yeeloon928, Oct 24, 2007.

1. madbad

madbad Regular Member

You obviously haven't heard about this "reverse-psychology" epidemic that's taken over BC. It's confined to MAS supporters but a different strain has been discovered among INA supporters. The symptoms become apparent during badminton tournaments when these people "support" their country's players. Medicine men, witch doctors, black magic are also involved but if you can believe it, it's all in good fun ;)

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Taufik Akbar anticipated all shots and smashes from Park..I thought in 3rd set that Taufiq would finish but he dived,ran all over the court to return the birdies...I think it frustrated Park....I have bene told that he has improved so much..I met his " bapak angkat" which our INA LO for DO.....I think the post of Fabcargo is right....he was frustrated about badminton in INA while ago...he wanted to move to Djarum but no channel...hm..hm...told him that it was a phone call away to Djarum...hehe

3. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    i think i cannot reverse phsycology already.... i got a warning from the moderators...

4. TH_4_President

TH_4_President Regular Member

hehehe..he/she just tried to make reverse psy mantra as vching usually does..it's kind of support even i think..hard to be understood..but sumtimes works

5. TH_4_President

TH_4_President Regular Member

and that strain wouldn't be implemented until it's really needed ;), special mantra from Indonesian "shaman" in Germany :D:D

6. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    she'just doing reverse psychology :D

7. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    hmmm....... to bad... RIP reverse psychology

8. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    hauge, do u think he still got enough energy today for beating SDK ?

9. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Tough...Sony played really well against Chan...

I think Simon has a shot today..he was really patience when he played Ng Wei..from 17-20 to win 22-20....he was not panicked and took one at a time...

10. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

I M BAD.....

:D:D:D, i tink, i nid not explain...thanx taufik-1st, vching, madbad et al for explaining for me...hahaha

as for Msian, they don have to prove to me that they r the best....coz i m MALAYSIAN, the furious cat lady in this forum...watch out watch out

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Play it good & wholesome, please..

..i don't mind if i skip your posts, esp. the ones containing the REV-PSY..But how abt other members?? And if most of the page is filled w/your REV-PSY posts, am i suppose to skip those also??:p..A fun narrative play by play, IMO, is good & will be much more entertaining..;):cool:
    ..Not surprised you noticed that, Loh...And yes, i was one of those thinking the same also..:p.
    ..anyways, thank goodness the mods noticed them & gave a warning..
    ..and this goes the same for the "special mantra from Indonesian 'shaman' in Germany"..and please use English, when posting in here..:p

#51 ctjcad, Oct 24, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  12. indra

indra Regular Member

Sorry...sorry...what does "reverse psychology" mean?

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..you can check out and read the posts in the Denmark Open Day 2 Round 1 thread (while waiting for Day 3's matches to commence);)...Or you can click on vching's (and TH 4 President's) profiles and see his (their) latest posts (from y'day)..:p

#53 ctjcad, Oct 25, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  14. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Apart from the rev phsyco, may I suggest that u don't remove the link to the quote like this:
    Don't be selfish, we also want to read the original post.:)

#54 robin7, Oct 25, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  15. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Zhang Ning should be allowed to retire, her body is showing signs of fatigue. Problem is, LYB might not allow it, at least until the rest of the CHN WS squad start showing some consistency. The JO SS loss still hurts.

As for CTF/LWW, their problem is age. With it, it becomes more difficult to consistently maintain peak performance. This year alone, it seems that they lose in the early rounds, then go all the way to semis/final in following tournaments, then back to losing early rounds in subsequent tournaments. Tony/Candra have noticed that too in themselves, such that they are selective in tournaments that they play in. The result = from two forgettable performances in Philippines and WC, they were able to return to peak with victory in JO SS.

16. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Aiya, another 4.5 hrs before the matches start.

17. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Some exciting duels of R/16 :
    1. TH vs BCL, still believe TH will overcome the pretty boy Bao!
    2. Yang/Zhang vs Lilyana/Vita, hard for Vita to refresh energy because the play schedule between XD and WD is too close, 03.15 and 05.30pm
    3. PG vs Simon, possible upset here?! I wish.
    4. KKK/TBH vs Hendra AG/Joko Riyadi, let's see how this INA pair will fight against MAS fave as we know Kido/Setiawan and Luluk/Alvent always have big trouble to face them...

18. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Agree with you about ZN.Her movement's now her liability. Her opponents will have a chance when they have good speed and can execute tactics that Morten Frost commentated on in Firda's match vs her.In the meantime,in staying on, she's doing WS badminton a great favour by boosting the confidence of her opponents as they realise she's rather beatable.The time will come when she 's seen as a training passage to the next round. And that might happen well before OG08.
    With ctf/lww,they can still handle and win a 60min match.Their problem is like a brilliant student who can ace an IQ Maths question but fumble on simple Maths.They need to change some bad habits and analyse their strategy against lesser opponents.They are still my favourite MD match to watch so it's sad they went out so early.
    As for Tony/Candra, i'm happy they won the JO. They got lucky their route consisted of second tier opponents,rather than them peaking.Same way LD won AE07, WC06 and WC07.But a win is still a win.

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The same way Nova/Butet won the WC05 and Kido/Hendra won the WC07 as well :D

20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Could it be motivation? They were so fired up in beating Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun twice in the WC and Macau Open; yet, they were vulnerable in the next match :cool: