LD blame the Judge for his defeat!

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by xymaerts, Nov 21, 2007.

1. KlasseE

KlasseE Regular Member

of course it is not all about Li Mao, I meant Lin Dan who is try to change his style of play....he is currently coached by Tang the legend

2. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

[quote=Han;722270]I have been using that excuse everytime I lose, at least I know I am still the BEST player, just didn't play my best :D:D:D[/quote]

That's a good one, ha...ha... Concur that it's always the better player of the day who will come out on top just like the Malaysian pair who toppled Fu/Cai. But I have lots of respect for those who don't remain fallen but pick themselves up again in no time because it shows strength in character.

cheers

3. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Nowadays badminton superstars seems dont know how carry themselves very well. LCW blames the chief coach... LD blames the line judges, the crowd... TH totally ignores everybody & does whatever he likes.... etc. Its a shame because they r such a joy to watch.
    Perhaps they should learn from Federer and Nadal, they r the best role model for sportsmanship.

#43 zqloy, Nov 22, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    There are definately pros and cons. The pressure , the culture and the program are totally different. In tennis, the players play for themselves. and not clubs. If they don't like the coach, they can sack or fire them. In badminton, you can't you have to live it it.

#44 ants, Nov 22, 2007
  5. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    yeah, i guess it is a bit different. but i guess good sportsmen/women will show their true character by their comebacks. :) like wong choon han. that is one sportsman. and he is even well liked by his own peers. now, that sir, is a gentleman athlete. :)

#45 azabaz_ipoh, Nov 22, 2007
  6. LI De Quan

LI De Quan Regular Member

student
  7. LI De Quan

student
    You Malaysians Always Have Some Misunderstandings.

8. LI De Quan

student
    Ld May Not In His Good Form Now!!
    Also Because Of This Reason He Withdrawed From "the China Mobile Cup".
    It Is Said That There Is Some Probem With His Foot.
    Why All You So Serious About What He Said???!!!

9. ants

ants Regular Member

Ahemm... not All Malaysians okay? Btw i prefer you not say Malaysians. You people or a specific person is better.

10. victory

victory Regular Member

Lin Dan always find excuses when he lost. Do you think line judges in China will be unfair to him? What a joke!! They are all chinese!! I still remember when he lost in JO to LCW he said he was not in form. He is not the kind of sport man that can take defeats gracefully and generous enough to give credits to his opponents. Unlike Bao, Chen Jin, Wong Choong Han and Peter Gade. As a spot man one must always find ways to improve oneself. And the only way is to look into ourselves, not to point fingers at others.

In fact, to be fair, LCW also has this tendency!( Although I am a big fan of LCW but I still have to point this out.)

I think both LD and LCW have to improve in this area. They should learn from the old players like WCH and Peter Gade. Wong and Peter are real good players and gentlemen. Both of them have earned my respect for them.

11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    China Open 2007: Lin Dan's failure to adjust in time

Hi xymaerts,

Here is an article from the Chinese Badminton Association;

====== ====== start article ====== ======

Lin Dan: Failure to adjust in time
    Guangzhou, 21-Nov-2007 18:05:00

In the first round of the main draw of the men's singles of the China Open Badminton Championships, Lin Dan, the first-seeded Chinese player in the event who also ranks top in the world, was unexpectedly beaten by Korean Park Sung Hwan 2-1 and was thus eliminated in the beginning round. After the match, Lin said that his defeat resulted from the failure to make timely adjustment after changing sides.

"I felt that I was smooth sailing in the first set. Though my rival was catching up with my score, I was still playing patiently. In the beginning of the second set, however, I became somewhat edgy, because though I felt I had a good control over the whole situation I failed to score, especially when I failed to win when leading my contestant 20-18. My mental composure was somewhat disturbed in the third set and was not adjusted in time before going on with the match." said Lin.

Lin, who has been occupying the pole position in the world for a long time, revealed that he was under high pressure, "As the No. 1 player in the world, I'm aware that almost all the other players want to get the better of me. I felt somehow tired from the earlier continuous matches and was not adjusted. In today's match, I had the same feeling. In such an event, the failure to outdo the rival in just one link leads to defeat."

Besides, Lin was a little dissatisfied with some penalties. He said after the match that some penalties had affected his feelings and he was, as a result, unable to focus his energy on the following part of the competition.

As the most promising Chinese player for the men's singles at the next year's Olympic badminton event, Lin expressed that he would go all out in the following Olympic accumulation score tournament to be held in Hong Kong. "The 2008 Olympics is no more than one year away. I hope that I'll adjust myself to better form through more experiences in order to make better preparation for the Beijing Olympics," said Lin.

====== ====== end article ====== ======

Cheers... chris@ccc

12. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    In the heat of the moment, everyone will say and do something unwise, not just the badminton players ... In our own BF, bullets are flying among members when certain discussions didn't see eye to eye, if you know what I mean :D:D:D

13. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Then you have issue with me, I am a Malaysian and a big fan of Lin Dan. So he lost and subjected all sorts of interpretation and second guessing, so what? Is part of the game and growing up, including me and you.

14. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    What an overstatement!

I'd remembered someone said "something" after LCW won the Indonesia Open. What a sore loser...

15. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    What a loser, he didn't even give credits to his opponent. Shame on him.

16. ants

ants Regular Member

Its just the media guys...

17. Shiryu

Shiryu Regular Member

Nerd
    I second that. They will write anything that sells.

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
  19. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I am clueless of why you think LD is a loser? He is just telling the press exactly how he felt and what happen to him internally, and he didn't call Park's victory out of pure luck.

20. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

robin7, for your reading pleasure -

Lin Dan was beaten – once again by Korea’s Park Sung Hwan in the first round of his home badminton event. Later in the day, other local favorites Cai and Fu were also shown the exit.

Raphael Sachetat, live from Guangzhou. Photos (live) : Badmintonphoto.com

No Super Dan today. Just a player, who clearly is the best in the world in terms of speed and talent, but who is also a human being, with the attendant capacities and limits. Today, on centre court, Lin Dan was good, but not good enough to beat Korea’s Park Sung Hwan (photo), who, better than anyone, knows how to play the world champion. He had proven it twice before by beating the Chinese.

He did it again on Wednesday, creating the biggest upset of the draw, with a 19-21, 22-20, 21-12 win in the longest match of the day – 1h10 minutes. “I got affected in the second game when I wasn’t able to close it up, leading 20-18. But Park played well today, while on my side, I felt tired from all those tournaments and also some pressure on home ground,” said Lin Dan.