Training and playing hours ....

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by pussiii999, Jan 10, 2009.

1. pussiii999

pussiii999 Regular Member

chef
    Just wondering how many time do some of you guys train or play per week ....

I had training on tue and wed .... 3 hours each

Plays on friday for about 4 hours
    Saturday for about 2
    Sunday for about 2

When i played today which is saturday feel so weak dunno what will happen tomorrow .......

Do u guys have formulas .... like sleep as much as possible ... eat some things special for the body to recover .....hhaahahha just asking around ...:D:D:D:D

2. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    I play 2 hours on Monday, 2 hours on Tuesday, an hour on Thursday, 5 hours on Saturday and 2 hours on Sunday.

I don't really have any formula/superstition things but sleeping is good; eating lots is also good. I suppose that I just make sure I sleep and eat enough to recover properly, I don't do anything special.

3. JustSmash

JustSmash Regular Member

wow both of you are so lucky you get so much court time. my parents restrict me from badminton as much as possible because of their strong desire for me to study more.

which i dont do. =P

i only have training on wednesday for an hour, and another 2 hours on saturday if im lucky.

IF im lucky =\

dont really eat anything special..just make sure im not tired when i play xD

4. adamh

adamh Regular Member

web designer
    5 hours? wow what does that involve?

5. xdragoon

xdragoon Regular Member

I played around 5 hours today 2 of which were high-intensity training and I always keep hydrated as I feel dizzy/weak if I do not. Also I Make sure I am eating good food to replenish my body after every workout. I usualy eat a good meal after everytime I play, don't just let your body eat it self :D.

6. nattzor

nattzor New Member

1,5 hours on Tuesday.
    1,5 hour on Thursday.

Compare to you, this seems really little ^^

7. pussiii999

pussiii999 Regular Member

chef
    i think by you saying that ... you must be quite young .... we are not lucky i think but old enough for our parents to stop the nag .... BTW i am 26 Y/O ...

Maybe when the time come when you are old enough you will not be in this sports anymore ....

Saying all this to let you know we have our days like yours too ......
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D cheer up ....

8. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Various things really. I make sure I do a good warm up. Then a gentle knock-up on court. Then serving practise. Then match practise; doubles first, then singles.

It's definitely a good idea to drink plenty of water and eat some bananas or something if you're gonna play for that long. 5 hours is a long time to play badminton for.

JustSmash, your education is very important. Chances are, you're not going to make a career out of badminton. I'm not saying you won't but it's not likely. However, chances are, you will need an education to get a good job and have the money to spend on nice rackets and living etc. For this reason, I can understand why your parents want you to concentrate in school and get good grades. Perhaps if you start to do well (meet/exceed targets or just generally do well in school), your parents will let you play more. For now, just focus on making the most of the time you play.

9. Swingbadabada

Swingbadabada Regular Member

Student
    Thursdays - 2hrs Singles training
    Friday - 2hrs Doubles training,1hrs Games
    Sunday - 2Hrs general training
    Monday - 2hrs Match play

10. jafffa

jafffa Regular Member

I know your pain man, it's horrible watching my friend advance faster than me becasue he has so much more court time.