2012 London Olympics Day 4 (Tuesday 31st July)

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by kwun, Jul 30, 2012.

1. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

All of these match fixing cost me dearly in paw games :p

2. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

3. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Net Play and Counter Attack
    If they hand out DQ, might as well set an example by having 6 month or yr long suspensions to all offending players as well as national coaches too.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i agree. all 4 pairs should be banned. this will show the world that the BWF will not tolerate such behavior.

5. uselessmail

uselessmail Regular Member

I do agree with Kwun here! The fault lies not only with China but with Korea n Indonesia as well. Just because your opponent is cheating doesn't mean that you have to counter it with even more cheating. It was so obvious that it was hilarious, at least for the people watching at home. It must have been heart wrenching for the those who paid their hard earned money to see this kind of a farce.

I'm absolutely appalled the justification given here by some members that it was started by the chinese and the others had no other option! The better option would've been to simply sit at home and fake an injury. That way the paying public would not have to go through this torture. The motto of the Olympics, 'Citius, Altius, Fortius' has been sullied by these disgraceful players!

The right thing to do here is to conduct a proper inquiry and ban/disqualify the three pairs and a warning to the coaches and the concerned federation that this will not be tolerated. We all know that this will never happen though! The chinese have very deep pockets and no matter how much the public grieves, absolutely nothing is gonna come out of this and slowly people will get over it and move on. It'll remain just another anecdote that we'll all write about some time or the other on BC.

I do hope though that this event wont lead to a ban in Olympics for badminton itself. That would be so unfair on the countries which actually try their level best to compete on this level and to honestly! Punishing all of them for these rotten apples would be grave injustice!

Phew....... Ok I end my rant here!:eek:

6. Yong

Yong Regular Member

ICT consultant
  7. mr.bulutangkis

mr.bulutangkis Regular Member

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i am glad that the press picked this up.

it will be a dig deal as this is the big stage in the olympics and the press loves controversies, i bet it will be mentioned all over the world.

this will force BWF to do the right thing so the world knows that they are not just a bunch of clowns.

9. Bao

Bao Regular Member

10. HappySachs

HappySachs Regular Member

They should be DQ'd from the WD event. Never gonna happen though as in the second farce match both pairs were black carded but it was quickly rescinded. With that kinda weak officiating nothing decisive is going to happen. You should never make a decision like that and then reverse it, makes you look incredibly weak.

The article mentions a meeting tonight but it will only be to decide a course of action for future events. They'll probably have a chat with the head coaches and they in turn with tell them what they want to hear but it won't stop it from happening again. They've shown that when it's time to act they will do nothing. :)

11. David_Allan

David_Allan Regular Member

Im following Gail Emms on twitter and apparently they knew that this might happen and never had a plan in place to counter act.

Disqualify all the Chinese and the others then bring in the people that were still in the groups and play it from there.

12. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

I truly sad that it took the scale of OG that these match fixing has to get noticed.

If this debacle were dismiss long time ago and BWF has the balls to do it at the time, maybe this incident would've never happened here

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    best suggestion so far. disqualify YY/WXL, the koreans and greysmel, and then bring in the russian, canadian, australia and south africa pairs.

i like that idea.

14. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

It's not Tian/Zhao's fault, they shouldn't be DQ'd.

15. Bao

Bao Regular Member

like this so much

16. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Kwun, you want to put on wigs and see if we can put in a late entry? :p

17. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I think you are confusing "match fixing" with trying to get a better draw from finishing second in the group stage.. It's nothing unique and has been happening in fotboll and many other "group"-stage type of tournaments.

It is quite silly of BWF/IOC not to take these kind of scenarios into thinking when deciding the format of play.. It could easilly have been avoided by having the playoffs being draw AFTER the group-stage!!

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    when Yu Yang doesn't need a wig, neither do we. ;)

19. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

the best outcome is for the 3 nations to withdraw their players as an apology and let the players play to win to play.

20. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I really think that would be good!! Would anyone really think it would be bad, apart from the 4-teams that get disqualified??