Stress

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by raptorman, Feb 20, 2005.

1. raptorman

raptorman Regular Member

I was wondering how other players deal with stress. I have this problem when playing tournements or competition and it really makes my play alot worser. It starts most of time after a couple of bad serves :( Any ideas how I can solve this?

2. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    well when that happens to me i miss serves or miss time my smash and like the stupid little mistakes, but anyways i will just calm down try and take more time on my serves to just relax and try not to think about what i did wrong and try and make it a new start and i also do that during the little break between games but i have my partner there to help me deal with some of the stress so that is a big help. eh well everybody deals with it in their own way, before i did any of this i would just go crazy and get more stressed and well thats never a good thing, maby you should bring a stress ball with you to the court.

3. raptorman

raptorman Regular Member

Thanks, I'll try the things you've mentioned.

4. tranvi007

tranvi007 Regular Member

Student
    Stress Ball?

That is more for anger stress. This stress if more nerve wrecking. Like when i play, i tend to freak out and say things like, darn down my 3 points, gunna lose... But if u view it as 3 points no biggie... The positive attitude will help alot. But if u view everything as no big deal, then the stess level will minimize. At divisionals which are no biggies, i tend to freak, but its just a practice tourney. It has no value to it. Only cities matter. Cities is where the ranking of your school and stuff comes into play. But its all practice...The moreyou play under pressure the more used to it u get...

5. taber

taber Regular Member

Usually after I make a silly mistake, I just laugh at myself and look into the air.

6. tinkerbella122

tinkerbella122 Regular Member

Student
    I don't know why , but I never get stressed out . Even if I'm down by 14-0 , I still give it my 100% and all , but I never get mad at myself or be stressed out . It might be because I have good mental toughness ...

Maybe that's what you need to improve on ? MT ?
    ( click the link below for the article on on MT ... )
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/badminton-central/content/view/16/

#6 tinkerbella122, Mar 8, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  7. ao314

ao314 Regular Member

Student
    Maybe practice your serves, until you have absolute confidence in them, until you could close your eyes and hit a good serve, until it just passes over the net. If you make sure you never hit a bad serve then, you'll never get stressed from hitting a bad serve.