Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Your question can only be answered by elder members of this community. I find myself ineligible to answer your question at this stage of my life.

2. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Different ways to recover?

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

In that case, I think he won't play Lee CW in the semifinals of the BAC. Indeed, 5 consecutive weeks and 6 rounds to win the CHN Masters last Sunday with his final opponent Chen Long has stretched him quite a bit. More importantly, he has to keep himself in good shape and form for the Thomas Cup two weeks later.

But I believe for the sake of a better seeding for Rio, he will do what is necessary at the INA Open PSS and the following AUS Open SS.

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    In a way it is truly blessed for recent Singapore Open MS champion, Sony Kuncoro, to have an understanding wife, Gading Safitri, who became his manager cum coach out of sheer necessity as they were lacking in resouces.

She single-handedly brought Sony back to normality to find the confidence and strength to defeat the great LD en route to winning his first SS title. He was dropped from the National team in 2014 for poor performance resulting from nagging injuries especially to his back.

A story of unconditional love, faith in each other, determination, commitment, motivation and tenacity. How else can a discarded veteran player be able to beat a highly decorated Super Dan?

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I believe Lin Dan knows what to do, he has his priorities, his set aims and game plan as part of his overall strategy towards his ultimate goal at Rio, the only driving force in his career now. Also he should know his body and conditions better than anybody.

Even so, as we know, sometimes the best of plans can go awry due to unexpected events or unforeseen circumstances, that's when contingency plans become useful if they can still be carried out.

As for Lin Dan's beloved wife, Xie Xingfang, she is as understanding and supportive of Lin Dan's quest as any wife could be, having to be separated from her husband who is often away for weeks on end, and considering the couple is only in the first few years of their marriage and still trying hard to have their first child. Otherwise, how else could Lin Dan devote so much time and effort into chasing his dream of an Olympic three-peat.

I wish Lin Dan all success at the Rio'16 OG. May he fulfill his dream of winning an unprecedented third Olympic gold in badminton history !

6. Pirayeba67

Pirayeba67 Regular Member

Head hunter
    buibui2 and Loh like this.
  7. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys

LD core training off court, he's been working hard off court to peak for Rio.

Justin L likes this.
  8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

At yesterday's BAC'16 R2 post-match interview, Lin Dan revealed that it is the first time in his career that he is playing so many tournaments in a row, 5 consecutively back-to-back; before, it was at most three in succession. When asked by a reporter whether he is taking part in the BAC for the sake of ranking points,he expressed that "besides ranking points he actually also wanted to play a bit more tournaments."

He further explained that "whenever I played abroad, (most of) my Chinese fans seldom get to see me compete (on-site), but for locally held tournaments, relatively speaking they get more opportunities to see my play on location. If this event (BAC) is held overseas, I may choose to rebalance my form a bit or prepare for the Thomas Cup. As it is held in Wuhan, I felt like playing a few more matches (for the sake of my fans)."

Based on the article http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/badmin/2016-04-29/doc-ifxrtztc3010234.shtml

[It showed how much Lin Dan values and appreciates his legion of fans. As he's said before, fans support is one of the motivating force driving him forward. - Justin]

badlove likes this.
  9. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Big like for LD keeping fit, working hard and showing he still can do it at the age of 33 for the fans :)

CcTTpFMWIAAaiiD.jpg CcTToCxWAAArQY0.jpg

volcom likes this.
  10. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...

Nice trick shot from LD.

Good to see him playing well and enjoying it.

11. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    That was a sad match at the Asia Championships.

Edit:
    @badlove what's up with his leg in the photo?

12. ashers888

ashers888 Regular Member

How did he only get 4 points at the end?! Did he play badly or he couldn't be bothered?

13. visor

visor Regular Member

Both?
    Rare to see LD get flustered like that.

14. lostLore

lostLore Regular Member

Looked like he wasnt prepared for the speed that LCW started with in the 3rd set.

15. victor_rs

victor_rs Regular Member

lin dan just dont want to win..he go slow...planning mistake...

Sent from my Lenovo A560 using Tapatalk

16. lurker

lurker Regular Member

Hi guys, this may been asked before but what is LD's sponsorship status now?
    Is he with LiNing or Yonex?

And tht logo on the racket

17. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Not sure but marathon tournaments and games may have taken its toll on his body.

18. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

maybe this 4 point game is a good investment, so LD could see what's the latest all-out LCW status, as this is the last and only chance before OG...

19. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Hope, LCW hasn't seen all of 'all out Lin Dan'.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/badmin/2016-04-30/doc-ifxrtzte9842690.shtml (extracts follow)

The one-sided third set in the Lin Dan - Lee CW match astonished the audience with LCW allowing Lin Dan only 4 points to seal victory. The spectators wondered when they would get to see another Lin - Lee Dream Match.

Post-match, LCW frankly admitted Lin Dan's big margin loss in the third set was caused by his lack of energy, " In the third set, Lin Dan couldn't keep pace with me,I felt he was a bit tired, not young anymore. He's been playing too many tournaments previously, right, five stops consecutively, I think it's not easy."

Looking back at the first set, LCW said:" In G1, I didn't think too much, he was leading all the way, I couldn't keep pace with him. The final few points, I didn't think too much,just latch on point by point,I hadn't expected to win it 22-20."

The author asked LCW: " How do you maintain your form ?" Upon hearing this question, LCW answered without hesitation:" Ah, I didn't play five tournaments, I only played two, rested another two stops to do training,that's why I think my fitness is better than his." As for when the next Lin - Lee big match is going to be, LCW said he looks forward to another meeting with Lin, expecting it to be even more intense, adding, " I think if he only played two tournaments like me, this match would be much fiercer."

A reporter asked LCW:" Will the next Lin - Lee clash be at the Rio Olympics?" LCW smiled and said:"That I don't know, there are still several tournaments to go."

buibui2 likes this.