Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I don't know if it is smart of him to fool around with those 'miss'es though while he was just about to go up. Maybe after he has won more Golds or he is satisfied with his career then he could do whatever he wants. Not that I have anything against artists but they are paparazzi and gossiper magnet, it might interfere with his other life. He should focus in his career first before causing any scandals or anything that could jeopardize his uprising career.

Oh well, that's just a hope I have as a big supporter of this pairing. He is a big boy, he can do anything he want.

But let's pray that his brain is in his head not in his pants.

#1161 yuquall, Mar 29, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  2. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Who?

Taufik and LD did. Taufik had a kid and LD since had apologized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
    It' s all over the news since this morning haha. Even if it's true, what to gain tho, she's almost seven years older than him.

4. Abe.Wi

Abe.Wi Regular Member

Haha it is an understandable concern as we've seen many of our uprising athletes, not only in badminton, got distracted by the flash lights they got after winning few championships. They become more like celebrities and less as an athletes.

5. indrg

indrg Regular Member

He is doing just fine. You want to test the waters. 1 ex miss indonesia is great, 2 is even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

melon94 likes this.
  6. Abe.Wi

Abe.Wi Regular Member

He is pretty young, talented, a lot of fans (and haters), a lot of spotlights, controversies, surounded by babes, has gain quite sum of moneys along his way to fame. Basically Justin Bieber of badminton haha
    It's quite slippery position to be at. Lets just hope for the best he won't make a stupid mistake that ruin his career

visor likes this.
  7. Woman.in.Red

Woman.in.Red Regular Member

Enjoying life
    Actually i doubt that Kevin will be distracted by those women. He's been at the National Training Center since 11, he even decided to drop out of elementary school to chase his dream in badminton. I just read a news article where Kevin said that the more victory he gains, the more afraid he is of being defeated. I think it's more like those women get too excited with Kevin, might think that they're using Kevin to boost their fame :D.

Btw, Kevin bought that Ford Mustang several months before AE.

melon94, Abe.Wi and stanleyfm like this.
  8. Woman.in.Red

Enjoying life
    $1 = IDR 13,757. So you can calculate it :cool:

9. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I think he meant if those 200 millions were not in Rupiah but in USD.

10. Woman.in.Red

Enjoying life
    Aaah, i see. Thanks :D

11. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yeah.. and he got nice abs too :D

12. Griff88

Griff88 Regular Member

We never know what's really in his head... Whether it is arrogance or full of determination or whatever.

I've always thought he was the cheeky type instead of arrogant until I overheard that post match discussion with Gideon (vs Chen/Wang in AE)...

(Of course I might misheard that, but there's no denying that he sometimes acts/thinks with "I'm-the-best-what-you-gonna-do" mindset)

Anyway, my friends and I have joked about that famed airshot fault as God's message not to do something not necessary lol

13. LjS4

LjS4 Regular Member

what did he say after the match against chen/wang ?

14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

For sure we never know what really is going in his mind but then again who could. His head is obviously different from others. Most gifted or talented (geniuses) people have different mindsets than normal people, since they see the world differently. Otherwise they would just be ordinary not extraordinary. Lin Dan another example, people also said he was arrogant, but if he weren't he wouldn't be the GOAT. Well, that is just my opinion though. Not everyone has the same perception toward this matter. I don't mind arrogance much as long as they really have the skill or ability to back it up.

Is that mindset was toward Gideon or toward the opponents if I may ask?

If God had a message for him, I'd say even God made a mistake in delivering it this time. Apparently it didn't stop him at all, just to stop him doing it far from the umpire to doing it in front of the umpire. lol. The best way to stop him is to have the umpire give him a warning. He listens to cautions but doesn't keep quiet to mistreatment. The Indonesian Masters final and Indian Open final were the obvious instances. He apologized and stopped his stupid antics right away. In Indonesian Masters he was warned against his staring down the opponents, afterward whenever he was about to come close to the net, he jogged around the net instead. In Indian Open he was warned against distraction (air shots) and he stopped doing it afterward. So if it bothered everyone maybe they should ask the umpire to stop him every time he does it. But the question is, would the match still be as interesting or be less fun to watch if his antics were to be stopped? It surely adds some humor to the matches, or at least to me personally. The matches were sometimes too tense to watch and his antics surely lighten up the tension. It was like watching a little cheeky kid playing with adults, quite harmless.

15. Abe.Wi

Abe.Wi Regular Member

Preach it brother! :D

16. Abe.Wi

Abe.Wi Regular Member

-- double post --

#1176 Abe.Wi, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  17. Suilven

Suilven Regular Member

Super Dan maybe arrogant in his hey day, he was never disrespectful to his opponents,
    regarding them 2 especially Suka, there's a fine line between Confidence and Arrogant,
    what is lacking in his armour is ''Humility'', that is what endears you to people,
    i hope for his sake he has many beautiful sunsets in front of him,
    just remember though you're on the crest of a wave,there's always a bigger one looming on the horizon.

Woman.in.Red, stanleyfm and Griff88 like this.
  18. Abe.Wi

Abe.Wi Regular Member

I am not sure about this one :D
    But I am pretty sure this is one of the most poetic post in this thread :thumbsup:

Woman.in.Red and Suilven like this.
  19. Suilven

Suilven Regular Member

Why...thank you dude, knuckle tap and man hug for you. :p:D

Abe.Wi likes this.
  20. Griff88

Griff88 Regular Member

So he basically said:

"Mau siap kayak apa kalau kualitasnya cuma gitu, dia pasti baliknya ngambang-ngambang aja"

("No matter how ready [they are] if the quality is only like that, the return [shot] will be just 'floating'")

'Floating' is the term usually used to describe smash which is weak and not penetrating the defense (not sure how to describe that).

Gideon replied with "Uh huh, I am only suprised at the beginning"