HSBC BWF WORLD Tour Finals 2018 : Group Stage Matches - Final (12-16 December)

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

To be honest , WTF becomes boring without Minions and TaiTzuYing. They are so WR1 with merits , what are badminton without them? Just like what is badminton without Lee vs Lin.

On another side , if i were to watch some matches tomorrow maybe i can enjoy it knowing that my favourite player wont lose in the Final. The tension and selling point is gone but life goes on :)

Enjoy your weekend guys and all the best to your favs.

2. minions

minions Regular Member

The SF matches need to be redrawed. Until now, we don't even know who is facing who.

3. leophu

leophu Regular Member

Oh. I did thought no.1 each group match with no.2 of the other :)

Baddie lover likes this.
  4. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

And what is a doctor going to say about air density? :p

5. leophu

leophu Regular Member

At least it not bored me if there 5 japan finalist on Sunday :D

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

That's just your personal opinion, and you are also pretending to assume a third-party disinterested stand.

It's pointless to go into this kind of argument (such as accusing me of bias), the best thing to do is always to talk about the issue per se using reason and logic without being emotional as much as possible (though quite hard to do at times , esp when it comes to issues close to your heart), and certainly avoid being too personal, that is, no personal attack. Yes, be objective and not subjective.

Curiously, have you been following all of yuquall's debates with me, or just this one incident ? Personally, I sometimes feel it's not easy to have a meaningful, constructive exchange of views with him when he sometimes twist my words or quote me out of context, the more so when I've already qualified my statements.

For example, in your statement above " when others suggested the possibility of Chinese influencing court conditions" , it is a charge that immediately begs the questions ,where, what , how , and why, isn't it ?

Funny, when I , just to cite one example, praised Akane's running ability and remarkable stamina and wished that He Bingjiao can be like her, nobody accused me of being biased towards Akane Yamaguchi.

Or, to give an even clearer example, when I go so far as to claim that Japan has more or less overtaken China as the new badminton powerhouse, not a murmur from anyone that I've become pro-Japan and launch a heated debate with me.

#826 Justin L, Dec 14, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  7. minions

minions Regular Member

So many unexpected things happen in WTF. Minions, TTY, CYF are unable to finished the match today due to injury. I can't root for INA players anymore because INA has zero reps in SF. But, on the other side, JPN qualifies all of the players to SF. Despite the "scandals" at Syed Modi, all of JPN players in WTF are truly deserved. Special credit to Yuta, who advanced in both MD and XD.

Fortunately, I still have my favourites in SF. Let's go, JPN team!

8. minions

minions Regular Member

Yes, it will be Japan vs rest of the world again. But, honestly, it is difficult for that to be realized. Yuta/Arisa have the slimmest chance from all of JPN players. They have to meet CHN pair in SF.

9. Sdrqaz

Sdrqaz Regular Member

The draw's been released!

MS: Shi Yuqi vs Sameer Verma
    Kento Momota vs Son Wan Ho

WS: P. V. Sindhu vs Ratchanok Intanon
    Nozomi Okuhara vs Akane Yamaguchi

MD: Li/Liu vs Chen/Wang
    Endo/Watanabe vs Astrup/Rasmussen

WD: Takamatsu vs Du Yue/Li Yinhui
    Matsumoto/Nagahara vs Sohee/Seungchan

XD: Siwei/Yaqiong vs Puavaranukroh/Taerattanachai
    Yilü/Dongping vs Watanabe/Higashino

Edit; here's the link from the BWF: https://bwfworldtourfinals.bwfbadmi...2/14/momota-to-face-son-wan-ho-in-semifinals/

#829 Sdrqaz, Dec 14, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    skhai91, wade and Baddyforall like this.
  10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Huh , Chen/Jia withdrew ?

11. leophu

leophu Regular Member

Yes. 02 top CHN are too good now. Zheng SW and Wang smash are much stronger than Yuta. And they are playing at home is a huge advantage.

I hope the Yuta in MD will play first and then XD. Play all his best in the MD :D

12. Sdrqaz

Sdrqaz Regular Member

No they completed all their matches but didn't qualify for the semifinals

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Oh, I see. Thanks.

15. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Funny, because I did accuse you and actually argued with you on that particular subject for being biased against HBJ and being biased toward AY more than once or twice. Conveniently forgot?

And of course when you claim Japan has overtaken China, no one would debate with you because it was more or less very accurate. Why should someone debate with you if they agreed with you?

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Oh, I see, so I owe you an apology for coming to HBJ's defence. My bad, how forgetful I am.:D How brave of you to go against the tide. Wait, I remember now, even gelopisan (Hi, mate) took issue with me for being too critical of some CHN players (when I was actually indirectly showing concern as parents do for their children's wellbeing, if you get what I mean).

So you speak for everybody who agreed with me that JPN has overtaken China, unanimous agreement ?! Suddenly, the world is so united, there is indeed hope for peace in the world, errr, at least in this forum which is a microcosm of the world at large.:D

Ahh, I see now, when I speak in favour of other countries than China, everybody is happy and more than willing to support me, applaud, but when I speak up for China, never mind what reasons I give, I'm accused of being biased towards China, and that is not good, unacceptable, not objective. :rolleyes: OK, Enough said.

Anks likes this.
  17. Scarlet Fire

Scarlet Fire Regular Member

Why don't they just have the top finisher in one group play the second finisher from the other group? I don't want to watch Watanabe/Higashino play Wang/Huang again! They've played them around 4 times in the last three months.

18. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

nah, they r not that icon, like lee vs lin

19. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Yep. Both of them don't have Olympics medals . Considering LCW and Lindan and comparing these legends with them is not good i guess.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Haiz, who cares about 'most people' here, it's the doubles players themselves that really matter.

" If players can't play in slow hall then Boohoo to them, who cares?" - Exactly, you said it.
    "What we want is better quality of MD matches and this is too slow." - Too slow? Based on what , personal opinions, whose ? Not technical measurements? How come BWF approved those shuttles and the playing venue at Tianhe Gymnasium ?

Vannieboy likes this.