Ashaway Fan Club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by biribiri77, Nov 20, 2014.

1. PugGuy

PugGuy Regular Member

Anyone tried Ashaway Aerospeed 75? It's 5U (75g) and head heavy (305mm), medium stiff. Just bought it yesterday, will try it out tonite.

2. PugGuy

PugGuy Regular Member

This is my review of the new Ashaway model, the Aerospeed 75 (Superlight + High Tension + Head Heavy).

Specs :
    a) Weight : 75g +/-2g (5U)
    b) Balance : 305mm +/-3mm
    c) Tension : 33 lbs
    d) String : Ashaway Zymax 66 Firepower (28 lbs)

This is my 3rd Ashaway, after X-Fire (broken after a clash last week) and X-Speed. Bought it at Nikman Sports KL. However, the packaged string is limited to Maxbolt string, so i topped up a bit for Ashaway Zymax 66 Firepower. The racket almost identical to the X-Speed with its yellow and black decals.

Overall Feel :
    Holding it on my hand, it felt really light weight, but I could still feel some weight on the head. Compared to X-Speed, the weight was more balance, while X-Fire would feel chunkier and head heavier. Dry swings were easy and I could foresee lots of fast movements with the racket.

During Actual Play :
    Had 3 games with the new "sword" yesterday. Trying out a few strokes at the start, i realised I had to hit the shuttle harder (as compared to X-Fire) in order to reach the baseline, whereas for the X-Fire the momentum of the racket weight and its heavy head would help to propel the shuttle.

No doubt the racket was fast and easy to manoveur for those drives, placing shots, defense and net shots. I had one of my most relaxed games because the racket was just so easy to move around. Due to the light weight, I was able to move my arm and wrist faster and that kind of compensated for the lack of momentum of a 5U. Therefore, I didn't find much problem doing any baseline strokes. There wasn't any noticeable vibration, as what some people say about light weight rackets.

I was able to defend and make front court interception better too.

In terms of smashes, this racket may not suit those expecting thumping smashes from the backcourt. Go with X-Fire for that. :)) This racket will help you play smarter, i.e. feign drop shots, sharp angled smashes, placement shots to then trap your opponent into giving you a half-court shot and then you unleash a sharp killer smash.

It also has a material in the shaft called Fullerene which is the same used in all Yonex Nanospeed and Nanoray ranges, which helps to make the racket lighter and stronger. When I get more hours on the racket with more smashes, I would look forward to seeing how this Fullerene thing helps with my smashes too.

Check out the article below on Fullerene.
    http://tech.nikkeibp.co.jp/dm/english/NEWS_EN/20050404/103378/

All in all, this racket enables me to add another dimension to my play, instead of just heavy smashes. Interesting! :))

Cheers!

Attached Files:

#162 PugGuy, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    garra likes this.
  3. jriblaze

jriblaze Regular Member

Nice...

Sent from my ASUS_X00DD using Tapatalk

4. Stever7425

Stever7425 Regular Member

Can any of you recommend the best ashaway string,? I like bg80 in yonex.. looking for something hard feeling and durable,, thank you

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

None from ashaway. stick to BG80

6. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    80 or VS890 is as durable as you'll get tbh while still maintaining hardness.

There's the new TX range from ashaway but don't think anyone outside of testers and people in the know has it yet.

7. garra

garra Regular Member

Im coming from bg80 but Gosen gtone5 I like very much on xspeed. Try that also. Ashaway 66 broken too soon,probably because main string is too much exposed near top.

8. PugGuy

PugGuy Regular Member

Actually i like Ashaway Zymax 62 Fire the most but doesn't last long. The hitting feel and sound is very nice bcos of the string's rough texture.

9. Stever7425

Stever7425 Regular Member

I was leaning towards trying the zy66Fire and zy69Fire as thought it might be most durable, surprised not to hear one suggested here.?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

10. jriblaze

jriblaze Regular Member

Currently using Ashaway Zymax 62 Fire, strung on Phantom X Fire II at 27lbs. The repulsion & control are excellence for me. Hitting sound also loud. Durability? So far not showing any sign of breaking. All depend on our playing style.

Sent from my ASUS_X00DD using Tapatalk

11. Carbonex_7

Bro, can you share where you get the Xfire2 and how much? I am keen to get XF2 and XS2.

12. jriblaze

jriblaze Regular Member

Bought it at Nikman Sports. RM299 include string & grip

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

13. Carbonex_7

Thanks Bro.
    I tried Nikman and Etakoh, both no stock and they can't order for me, wonder why.

14. nikmansports

nikmansports New Member

Hi, am Nik from Nikman Sports. Am meeting Ashaway boss today. Will try to update the XF2 and XS2 stocks ya. Thanks . Anything just whatsapp www.wasap.my/60166936515/XfireII

15. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Just seen some pics of ashaway phantom helix on UK sites. It's another inferno racket! :eek:

Edit: On closer inspection it seems slightly different. The waves don't go all the way round the top of the racket for the ashaway version but does for the inferno.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Dave1011 likes this.
  16. Carbonex_7

hi Nik,

Do you have any X fire 2 or Helix in stock? how much please (PM me)? cheers.

17. allyjack110

allyjack110 Regular Member

University Graduate (History)
    This is my first post in over two years, so please be gentle :p.

This is my new toy. The Ashaway Viper XT-1600. Arrived this morning. I've not had the chance to play with it yet but I can tell you that the build quality (i.e. decals and paint work) is superb; easily on par with my two BS12s.

Attached Files:

18. Nick Challenor

Nick Challenor New Member

Hey, have you had a chance to test the racket fully yet? Would be very interested in knowing your thoughts and how it compares against the BS12?

19. PugGuy

PugGuy Regular Member

What's the spec of this Viper XT-1600?

20. Lamchop

Lamchop New Member

Any thoughts between the x fire 2 and the XT1600? I can't decide between the 2 and I can only get one!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk